Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DGalaxy/Intrepid hybrid

SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
edited February 2016 in Work in Progress #1
WIP image of Voyager with a Galaxy class neck
110191.jpg
Post edited by SATR on
Tagged:

• bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting take, just be careful to not mix the parts in such a way that it looks like a kitbash type ship; unless of course that is what you are going for. The pylons don't look right from the front. They need to have a softer curve going away from the ship as apposed to the sharp curve going towards the ship. Overall, I like it.

Also I don't know why I never noticed this before, but the deflector dish with the torpedo tubes make the front of the Intrepid class looks like an overtly excited smiley face.....
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    The nacelles and pylons will be changing
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks, BB, now I can't unsee that!

An interesting idea, SATR. Not sure it's a good mix, but then the Garden Trowel and the Duck are my least favorite Fed ships. I'm curious to see how you harmonize them.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    The thing about the galaxy class is it was by fed standards HUGE, and could carry well over a thousand people for years at a time. It was also self sufficient and mean to be self reliant for extended periods as it explored where no fed ship had gone before.

The thing about the intrepid was it was able to land on planets and take off, was designed after that so called "warp problem" was discovered and her variable geometry engines could supposedly reduce the damage warp drives did, and she had those 'bio neural gelpacks' that won't show up in modelling.

I would recomment giving the rear section the variable configuration war engines like an intrepid had while giving the saucer the ability to land and lift off again. Add in the galaxy class' huge size and you basically combine both main attributes.
    The front with the sensor and torp tubes reminds me of the ship from heavy metal a little. Not a bad thing actually.

heavymetalSPACESHIPsm_265266.jpg
    110198.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    merged threads
    One issue I do see here is that you were saying you wanted am interpid/galaxy hybrid and what I see looks to me basically like an intrepid on steroids. I'm just not really seeing anything in here that says "Galaxy class" to me.
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    I think to get more of the look you are wanting; I would do try things like remove the dual torpedo launcher in the secondary hull and place a single one on the neck like the Galaxy, then give the deflector dish a more Galaxyesque look. You could also smooth the transition where the pylons meet the secondary hull to give it more of the look of the Galaxy class. I also personally liked the idea of the fixed pylons you used earlier. Not all ships have to have variable geometry; look at the Enterprise E.

That is only a few ideas, I know it may take a few modifications to find something that works for you.
    OK I'd make the ship look like an intrepid class rear Hull with a clearly detachable saucer type section that can land and take off to create a galaxy intrepid hybrid. Both actions should have impulse engines and a shuttle bay.
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    The finished version
    110272.jpg