Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3d max problems

alirezaalireza0 Posts: 0Member
hi every one .when i tried to creat a red rocket ( an Educational projects) i confronted some problems ..
when using proboolean . all operants and objects disappeard ....(substraction),and when my obj in editable poly mode, the "use NERBS" is inactive , why ??
Post edited by alireza on
Tagged:

• Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    I've had this issue before, try Max's regular Boolean tool to see if it can complete the operation as expected.

Pro-Booleans will make an object disappear if they don't intersect completely and if one of the objects has open edges or flipped faces.

Also, if you have an object that is made up of various separate parts, but you've simply attached them, then often you will find that parts or all of the object disappear during the optimization part of the pro-boolean. Try detaching individual parts of the object and applying the pro-boolean to each individual part. This may involve several copies of the 'cookie cutter' objects, so that you can pro-boolean each part.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • alirezaalireza0 Posts: 0Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    I've had this issue before, try Max's regular Boolean tool to see if it can complete the operation as expected.

Pro-Booleans will make an object disappear if they don't intersect completely and if one of the objects has open edges or flipped faces.

Also, if you have an object that is made up of various separate parts, but you've simply attached them, then often you will find that parts or all of the object disappear during the optimization part of the pro-boolean. Try detaching individual parts of the object and applying the pro-boolean to each individual part. This may involve several copies of the 'cookie cutter' objects, so that you can pro-boolean each part.

Thank you dear chris 2005 .
    i try with boolean but it didnt work correctly too.
    i create my model with edit poly method,extrude ,soft selection and move vertexs, make symetric and so on....so it may have some vertex that dont weld or open part ،how i find this intruppted???
    After adding what I assume was a symmetry modifier... did you collapse it down into an editable poly?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    After adding what I assume was a symmetry modifier... did you collapse it down into an editable poly?

No ,i think forgot it ,how i do it ??
    (If i want to ask other question ,put then in this thread or in new thread ??
    You should be able to just right click on the object and go down to "Convert to" and then choose "Editable Poly."

Unless it's a completely unrelated question, I'd keep it in this thread.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    the problem solved .
    i collapsed "edit poly " to "editable poly " and able to nice proboolean and "use NURBS " easily..
    1.where I can find 3d max ruler???
    2.is it possible that show a selected obj with wireframe mode but other obj showing "smooth+highlight or realistic"??