Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    Nice to see that design again, but those guys are pretty dull.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9714 Posts: 5,302Member
    Mess of small changes mostly little details on gaps etc. Not so sure about those venting valves along the neck. I had planned to put some heatsink like detail here but tried the disc valve things first. Also changed out some existing details for other things like the ribbing next to the impulse and how the grates and internal parts in the area below the impulse exhaust/drives. Also got around to adjusting the AO stuff and bloated render times and reduced the amount of it so I might just eliminate that shader.

wedge-trek-150.jpg

wedge-trek-151.jpg

wedge-trek-152.jpg

wedge-trek-153.jpg
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Panels and subpanels and some decals and stuff. Added a lower core hatch but forgot I had made one for the neck too so I have to decide which I will use and remove one. (well upper one is evident from panels on the neck as I have not modeled the hatch. And NO they do not align hence the fact I have to consider one over the other.
    I also have started working the nacelles.

wedge-trek-161.jpg

wedge-trek-162.jpg

wedge-trek-163.jpg

wedge-trek-165.jpg

wedge-trek-166.jpg
    JES
    Pipes vents and grills.

wedge-trek-169.jpg

wedge-trek-171.jpg

wedge-trek-172.jpg

wedge-trek-173.jpg
    JES
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Very visceral, both awkward and elegant. Still heavily aesthetic, improper thrust position away from center of gravity/ body-axis. Also Extremely unlikely flight operations could be preformed between the impulse thrust in all situations. Beautiful attention to detail as usual.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Love your take on her, man. Looks fantastic, and I suspect, better than the final ST:D ship will look if the preview was anything to go by. :cool:
    updates.
    wedge-trek-178.jpg

wedge-trek-179.jpg

wedge-trek-180.jpg

wedge-trek-183.jpg

wedge-trek-184.jpg

wedge-trek-185.jpg

wedge-trek-186.jpg

wedge-trek-187.jpg
    JES
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Shaping up great.
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Loving the racing stripes! Looks like they'll make her go warp 9. :cool:
    Ok upper plating and a small distraction to the struts. I have redone all of this a few times as I found my secondary panel lines were way to wide. I also had decided that I wanted to sort of emulate the heavy lines/stripes in the physical study model. I did not want to make them panel lines as in the model but suggestion as some sort of surface detail or some kind of surface mechanism. I still might extrude them from the hull as well. It does look a bit to busy rendered out. Looks better in viewport. . . . lol so maybe I will alter things tomorrow.

I almost do not want to put windows in to the wedge.

wedge-trek-189.jpg

wedge-trek-190.jpg

wedge-trek-191.jpg
    got the bottom to do as well.
    JES
  • BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    I thought that there was no way anyone could fix the POS that was the Discovery's design from that teaser trailer.

Then I saw this. I retract any prior negative statements made here or elsewhere about it, because damn you somehow managed to make this look good.
    Small set of windows and some layout of windows on the inner hull. Probably too many so I might weed some out.

wedge-trek-193.jpg

wedge-trek-194.jpg

wedge-trek-195.jpg
    JES
    Detached the main panels from the central hull and redid the UVW so it is unique to each panel. IE texture does not span the main hull across the panels etc. Cut and did interiors (no maps atm) and added interior lights. I have not cut any of the previous blue lip windows in the wedge as I am still thinking about them as they are mostly skylights.

wedge-trek-197.jpg

wedge-trek-198.jpg

wedge-trek-199.jpg

wedge-trek-200.jpg
    JES
    Lower panels and windows.
    right
    wedge-trek-204.jpg
    left
    wedge-trek-205.jpg
    JES
    Layouts for the lower saucer windows. The upper or top saucer windows I am debating on if they will be on the surface like the lower ones or in stepped in recesses. There will be only one ring on the top. I also might pull some of these lower windows off to minimize them some.

Example of inset windows.
    lethe-te-048a.jpg?w=300

wedge-trek-207.jpg

wedge-trek-208.jpg
    JES
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    It's looking really good so far MKF! :)
  • RaftermanRafterman331 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work as ever MKF.
    Lower windows in with interiors, some decals and secondary panels on the next phase. ATM they are symmetrical, I am toying with making them not but that means more work to do the opposite side. So dunno. Windows will be asymmetrical though.

wedge-trek-210.jpg

not much work as I took some time to sort some brick wall canisters I picked up and then made yet another starfighter with my dwindling supplies.
    JES
    Last work of 2016, good riddance to 2016. hah.

wedge-trek-213.jpg

wedge-trek-214.jpg
    JES
  • Barricade wrote: »
    I thought that there was no way anyone could fix the POS that was the Discovery's design from that teaser trailer.

Then I saw this. I retract any prior negative statements made here or elsewhere about it, because damn you somehow managed to make this look good.

If we had repping, I'd sooooooo give you a point for that... :D
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    Oh, I want to see this thing fly.
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Wow this is cool. I'm getting an early 2000s Vektor vibe. (OMG - was that so long ago?!?)
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    The Bulbus nacelles are interesting but they do break the sleek straight lines along the secondary hull and neck.
    The red Striping really accentuates the triangles secondary hull.
    Rim windows, these took forever as I kept screwing up on the inner shaping. That and well just loads of disinterest really. Other than making each panel a unique UVW I dont think I have done much else since last post. . . . . . .

wedge-trek-217.jpg

wedge-trek-218.jpg

Unsure if I want to add anything onto the rim or not. Namely the forward sensor groups and possible RCS as I have not added anything like it yet.
    JES
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    I love the detailing on that saucer.
    RCS things.
    wedge-trek-226.jpg

wedge-trek-227.jpg
    JES
    Some upper details. Some stuff needs fine tuning and replacing of materials.

wedge-trek-228.jpg

wedge-trek-229.jpg
    JES
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    Continues to impress!
    Well after mulling it over for a day I chose this a titan name. I know it classes with some fan stuff and game things. Shrug. Figured a few full ship renders are due as well. I think new changes are visible in all of these.

wedge-trek-234.jpg

wedge-trek-235.jpg

I have noticed too those lit sensor things are inset too far along the saucer compared to the connie so I am debating if i will redo those and patch the holes.
    JES
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    I love your textures.

(Please make the extruded registry markings go away. Please?)
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle