Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9696 Posts: 5,299Member
    Not all that trilled by it right now. Might have to alter or remove features. Anything north of that ridge is placeholder as I work towards it. The ridge line needs to blend in better I might use another ridge if I can find one what wont req a tonne of alterations.

planet-0041.jpg
    JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Ok set up quick mask and gloss maps and hit render.
    planet-010.jpg
    Saving these to a fast storage SSD is slow. HAH.
    JES
    planet-0015.jpg
    I think I need to start saving off the file in steps and collapsing some of the continents as single layers as just moving things is getting pretty laggy.
    A cloudless render. Maybe more later.

planet-0016.jpg

Clouds on a older version of the map. These are the old cloud maps and I will likely update these to something better and try to tune the effect for better results.

planet-011.jpg
    JES
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    Awesome work as usual
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    All roughed in lots of tuning to do and proper blending but I think this is enough to get me roughly set up. Once I have the scene clocked I will work on the visual bits only then go back later on. I then need to look at various cloud resources and decide how I will go with that. Then the fun of rendering for weeks at a time. -_- I will at some point do the entire planet.
    planet-0023.jpg

planet-0024.jpg

planet-0025.jpg
    Delayed a bit do to getting sick and etc.

planet-0027.jpg

Clearly I have to do a separate bump/displacement map for this going to have to just ramp a grayscale of the diffuse as I highly doubt I will want to past in a height map manually. heh. Can see some clipping from the source files too, my one main complaint in the image source and most cloud maps out there.

planet-0028.jpg
    oops can see where I did not un-hide or forgot to blend some of that snow and peaks in.
    JES
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Madkoifish, you do stunning and spectacular work!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    That is lovely
    Somewhat proper maps in everything if it is only 2 of the continents. Rivers and such are reflective coast mates up and so on. Now just to figure out how to get the ocean swirl in the gloss highlights. Figure Ill scribble and smear things around the landmass mask. But need to get some good images of the real thing to judge the finish on it.

planet-0038.jpg

planet-0039.jpg
    JES
    Planet with proper maps and what not applied. Atmo is dim and a bit transparent as I will be applying more in post to create a proper sky color. Clouds, I think the planet is occluding some of them. IE they are submerged into the planet itself. The displacement pushes out the sphere dai no matter how little the displacement levels are. Then again it could be the ramps or other things as the colors are all naff too.

planet-0052.jpg
    JES
    Ok a quick sampler a bit miffed that the atmo got so weak at larger rez so I had to do a lot of fooling to get something done as comp on it. A bit romanticized but I do not plan on reproducing EARTH anyhow.
    planet-0054.jpg

Be back to starships soon maybe JAN sometime.
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2293 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,968Member
    Lovely. Makes me think I need a vacation. Maybe that island right in the lower-middle of the image.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I wish I could visit...
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    The planet is a beauty Dan! :thumb:
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,558Member
    Kind of a random question, but since it pertains to some of MKF's work...

I was looking through my SotL calendars last night, and came across the image with the Onimaru shuttle in it. Did you ever re-use that little shuttle in any other images? I kind of really like the look of it, and would love to see more of it sometime. :)
    You mean this one? I think I never finished it so it really has not been in anything as a hero object.

tng-shuttle-038.jpg
    tng-shuttle-040.jpg
    tng-shuttle-042.jpg
    tng-shuttle-020.jpg
    tng-shuttle-006.jpg
    tng-shuttle-019.jpg
    komaroJES
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,558Member
    ^

Yeah! I really like that design! It really fits well into the ""First Contact"" era, but I like the more compact form and new nacelle design! Thanks for posting those!
    Something simple for New Years, was suppose to be for the last of 2018 but well Blame my 4770k being too slow!
    wedge-trek-2019-2560web.jpg
    lennier1JES
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    That wedge ship looks mighty nice.
  • rojrenrojren2293 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,968Member
    That's really pretty.
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Something simple for New Years, was suppose to be for the last of 2018 but well Blame my 4770k being too slow!
    wedge-trek-2019-2560web.jpg

Very cool.
    So much better than anything ""official"" Trek has to offer right now!
  • NevetsNevets201 EarthPosts: 134Member
    Perhaps the wedge ship is a DISCO destroyer. I mean that it is destined to destroy the Discovery. ;-) Perhaps in the "new" Section 31 series. ;-)
    Took me a while to decide what to work on, then a while to figure out what the heck I was doing last with them. heh. This one I did interiors last as I was at a loss to what I was doing before that. So this time I figured I would start somewhere and work outward. I think much of this model could be considered done though.

So far I am doing a detail pass mostly of cutting panels or decals for faint detail for close ups or to break things up at a distance.

iowa-0532.jpg
    delayed post to include this render.

iowa-0533.jpg
    ashleytingerGuerrillaLizzy777ST-OneViperRekkertlennier1LeoBerlinJES
    Not a huge update but just cleaning up some of the stuff I had done and moving those grid lines about and refining some meh stuff. Close up id full of hidden edge issues, least 2 I can see atm. Need to also go in and swap out the surfacing on some materials from high sample settings to fast interpolation with high settings to eliminate speckle, exp the interior materials as they do not need the accuracy.

iowa-0535.jpg

iowa-0537.jpg

iowa-0538.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerlennier1LeoBerlinJES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1989 Central OhioPosts: 1,225Member
    Absolutely love all the detail you put in your ships. Good stuff!
    Not much change little here and there since the last post. Probably pull some of it back off, like the markings around the command super. Ignore the blue panel it is suppose to be the same material as the gray metallic above. Though it could just be my enviro maps( I forget if there is even on in the scene or not) Just no motivation lately.

iowa-0545.jpg

iowa-0546.jpg
    Lizzy777Viperlennier1JES
  • DaringerDaringer331 Posts: 5Member
    As always your work is top notch....I can't imagine all the goodies you get squirled away on your HDs
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,279Member
    Sweet!!!
    Makes me miss the old IRC days.
    edited April 2019 #839
    Er, IRC?

heh have not run a XDCC in ages.

Said I wanted to get away from tos and yet here I go with another project. Guess it is not something I need to finish or push on with too far but we will see.

One thing I started thinking about is making this more tos canon with some of the shapes is a bit ehh. I mean I could do all sorts of nice tapering curves and rounded hulls but would they really bisect a hull into a saucer like this and build all the curvature in? Wouldnt they just build it like how it is in STD? Anyhoo something to look into tomorrow when I get time to open max up. For now collection of renders of the set up objects.

yeager-001.jpg

yeager-002.jpg

yeager-003.jpg

yeager-006.jpg
    KIM nacelles and bridge are pinched assets and not final examples.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777ashleytingerViperJES
  • ViperViper1677 Posts: 716Administrator
    I love those bussards :) Nice design as well.
    Thanks, not sure what I will do on the finals. I might keep a similar look or go with something else. ATM just red ball things.

changing bits out refining others. Figuring out what details I want to add and not include. Also I did reconfig the nacelles some by bringing them inboard and closer to the saucer some. Also the deflector is temp ripped it from my Marklin, which in turn I think is stolen off my re-lethe models. . . . .

yeager-012.jpg

yeager-013.jpg

yeager-014.jpg

yeager-015.jpg
    Lizzy777ViperJES