Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9696 Posts: 5,299Member
    Added decals from and some foolery with the deflector. Not much change since last night as only had a few hours today.
    jigoku-class-296.jpg
    jigoku-class-297.jpg

ops though I had uploaded and posted this by now. heh.
    ComcoFreakashleytingerLizzy777Brandenbergscifieric
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Really liking this ship. Very cool. :) I'm not particularly fond of the 'overhang' above it - I wonder if it would look better without it. But either way - great design and modelling, @MadKoiFish :sunglasses:
    edited January 2020 #1414
    Intent is to cut that lip up some to resemble the cowling on the Akira. It is part of why I mentioned that I should have done a more dynamic dish shape be it curved to flow with that over hang or to be a inset curve vs what it is now a flat object.

More stuff on the deflector. Got lazy so this is a day late. Got hdd maintenance to do today so dunno if I will have anything done, already 6pm and nothing done so heh.

jigoku-class-306.jpg

jigoku-class-307.jpg

Also rendered without lip so you can see the deflector. Also gives an idea of the look without. Just looks overly open. I guess I could sink the dish inwards. Anyhow will do the work planned for the lip first to show what I had in mind.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777srspicerBrandenbergFreak
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    I don't think it looks too open, personally. But another option would potentially be for the lip not to follow the hull line as much to shrink it without removing it. Eg -
    yed990qceviy.png

But then, I'm not sure what detailing you've got in mind. Either way - the detailing looks great. looking forward to seeing how it develops.
    BrandenbergLizzy777
    Plan is for it to retain some of the panel flow seen in the doodle I did ages ago. As mentioned I plan to make it similar to the one on the AKIRA. With a notch in to make it less of a overhang but still follow the hull panel flow some. I want it to retain spacing with the other horz panel groups that will flow across the hull. ATM I have simple material lines in the hull to show the "flow" of the panels for now. I wont likely follow the grid set up like it is seen on say Voyager or even TNG stuff but more like the IOWA and the Aethling.
    edited January 2020 #1417
    EHHH something kinda like this. . . .

ok blast it just the one render the close up is taking forever.
    jigoku-class-309.jpg

there we go
    jigoku-class-310.jpg

had 0planned to follow the curve but last min decided to flat face the thing. Thinking about it I think the nx02 had something like this around the deflector too. Have to look thought to make the inner silver bit ribbed and held on only by ribbing so it would have gaps all around. Still wishing I had thought to curve the deflector face inward or outward.

did not get much at all done today, went to make my daily latte and found my silvia with a dead pump after steaming up the milk. Ran it to fill the boiler and clear out the steam and that was it for the pump so I was stuck with areopress and boy that put a cramp in the motivation. Sat around shopping parts and making sure it was the pump and not the pid or something else giving lower voltage to the pump. oh coffee problems >_> lol
    BrandenbergLizzy777Freakscifieric
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    A new side to MKF. Latte's :3

Nice work.
    Thought everyone knew about my coffee issues. . . . . :p One of the few things I can partake in anymore. I do without to afford the 20usd bag of beans and milk per week.
    and oh god is 2017 giving me ulcers, keep having to restart the prog as I cannot select edges verts etc when editing. I really dread that 2019 is not much better in this regard but I do need to shift I think.
    scifieric
    Close up from last night and not much else just rcs cut ins.

jigoku-class-311.jpg

jigoku-class-312.jpg
    scifiericZhor2395Lizzy777BrandenbergFreak
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Madkoifish, your details are unparalleled! Excellent work.
    scifieric wrote: »
    Madkoifish, your details are unparalleled! Excellent work.

Agreed most ardently. B) I raise a cup a Joe to you.
    scifieric
    RCS I think are done. Some markings to go and maybe tuning to go later on. Need to decide if I will add a further rearward quad as nothing is facing aft. Maybe the nacelles, the lip of the main hull, or even the struts.

jigoku-class-314.jpg
    jigoku-class-315.jpg
    Lizzy777scifiericZhor2395
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That Dish is nice.
    Always liked the way you do the RCS.
    Lifeboat inset and torp bits. A bit of a tight fit, should have modeled that lip a bit taller. Also redid the rcs to have rounded corners and rounded thrust outlets.

jigoku-class-317.jpg
    jigoku-class-318.jpg
    ashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Freakscifieric
    Tentative layout of the lifeboats. Maybe I have a bit too many on the upper hull. Real negative is the lack of access to the aft central hull as I have no where to mount them short of the warp cut in the aft bottom. Suppose I coulda done a few less room in the rear A/B deck and stuck one or two there. Cant have them too much further aft on the pylon base as the impulse drives would get in the way ot the pods would mean less structure near the drives leading to weakness.
    jigoku-class-319.jpg
    jigoku-class-320.jpg
    jigoku-class-321.jpg
    26 topside 24 below, total of 50X12 per pod =600, easily enough for all crew. I would think this thing would have no more than 300 at any one time. Even at 6per would cover 300. Given you'll likely have losses of 20% or more in a abandon ship scenario. . . .
    FreakLizzy777scifieric
    quickie update with planned layout for registry. KIM the reg is just bent, final placing will be done by hand.
    jigoku-class-322.png
    Not sure on the ship name, forget why I chose it, in english it means hell.
    FreakLizzy777scifieric
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    edited January 2020 #1428
    I forgotten if you have mentioned this before.
    But is this ship is a Patrol / Gun Boat?
    Post edited by Freak on
    Think it was a fast patrol boat, been so long since I drew the doodle and started this.

Ok after loads of farting around and rolling my eyes at a pair of phaser strips are in. Not sure if they will not move around later on which will result in more rage anger and eye rolling. Cannot use detached splines as they unevenly deform the base object, so I have to match a even point spline to fit. Then I go to edit it I adjust the front vert on the spline it moves the front of the phaser strip, go to move the REAR vert of the spline it moves the same side of the bloody phaser strip. -_-. I SOOO F*N@G hate splines.

jigoku-class-324.jpg

jigoku-class-325.jpg

Ignore the hull panel lines as I decided to move them about prior to the phasers and got sidetracked on the phasers. Need to look at other places to break the hull panels than the existing ones. Likely use the phasers themselves as a trough to do so.
    rojrenLizzy777scifiericFreakZhor2395
    Really hate the idea of weapons systems on struts and nacelles. I have no choice here as the design really clunks up the view for any hull mounted stuff. Given I have a double hoop arrangement on the struts I do have more meat on the struts than normal. ( a person could walk down a stairwell down them easily) So the surface area and thickness should give me room for the conduits etc. and still keep some distance between the conduit for the warp nacelle plasma and matter transference stuff.
    jigoku-class-326.jpg
    jigoku-class-327.jpg
    Needless to say aft coverage is a bit meh. 2 strut phasers and one on the butt. I want to avoid messing with the lower struts. The butt mount will eliminate any wrap window plans I had for a voy like under shuttle bay observation room. Had thought to use the strange curve to have wrap around windows, but with a emitter there I do not want windows within a deck of it. heck it will likely eliminate any windows below the shuttle bay.
    scifiericLizzy777FreakashleytingerZhor2395
    Some paint over ideas. Mostly realizing the era due to the reg number I needed to do more of a post sov detail. Pintover images also show some of the modeling done since last update too (mostly escape pod wells and the like and a new set of lower struts that might get redone again as I was pretty un creative in the cross section on them.
    jigoku-class-330a.jpg

more to come I think as I have the underside to mete out next.
    ashleytingerZhor2395BrandenbergLizzy777Freak
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Nice!
    I have to admit. I liked this ship when you first started it, but I didn't love it compared to other things you have done. It's looking really awesome now. Random Trek Crap... I think NOT! :)

I keep studying what it is you do. Still haven't put my finger on it yet.
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
    This ship is really coming together now!
    Standing among giants
    HDW distractions have slowed work but roughing in the panels to see how I like them on the model. The flow of the dark panels going across the struts I am not so sure on atm but will wait until I get the white markings in as it could clarify the pattern better. BUT I might be removing the bits that are flowing towards the ships back end.
    jigoku-class-333.jpg
    jigoku-class-334.jpg

One area I have not decided what I want to do or how I will manage things is the backside of the saucer where I have a pair of pulse phaser emitters poking out a bit. Have a rolled hull plating to a opening for greebs like the back side hull of the iowa? or just roll the panels right across the face and have it smooth as seen as it is now. Something to mull over I guess.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777LeoBerlinZhor2395Freak
    edited January 2020 #1436
    I have to admit. I liked this ship when you first started it, but I didn't love it compared to other things you have done. It's looking really awesome now. Random Trek Crap... I think NOT! :)

I keep studying what it is you do. Still haven't put my finger on it yet.

Not sure either, hah. Maybe it is looking at other work or just loads of doodling in my notes in school. Depends what it is your picking up on? >_>

maybe it is the affogato? =)
    I think Latte’s might have a role to play. 🤪

Seriously I have to private message you tonight and ask your opinion on how to approach a problem I have on a model.

Maybe I need the doodle habit...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    I really like this one a lot. But then, I'm partial to small and compact ships from this era, particularly with this style of saucer. And, as always, your details really sell the design.
    white piping on the upper dark bits.
    jigoku-class-335.jpg

jigoku-class-336.jpg

always cannot hurt to do some doodling to figure something out.
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180Zhor2395Lizzy777Freaksrspicer
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    It always looks great when you do the light lines inside of the darker areas, it really makes those areas pop.
    Remaining dark panels.
    jigoku-class-338.jpg
    Lizzy777FreakashleytingerZhor2395RekkertLoopholeevil_genius_180srspicer