Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    I always love how much work you put into even the smallest details. :)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9696 Posts: 5,299Member
    More stuff in the same place and some tos hatch like things. Kinda wish I had pushed them all a bit further down the spine thing but it angles backwards so I cannot easily cut and paste them further down.

yeager-295.jpg
    yeager-296.jpg
    yeager-297.jpg
    RekkertLizzy777Brandenbergevil_genius_180JES
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Started out in an attempt to replicate some of the patterning on the canon ship. Then breaking up some of the panels elsewhere. Almost to the stage to start laying out windows.

yeager-300.jpg

yeager-301.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777BrandenbergJES
    Window layouts for the secondary hull. I had only planned the one row but felt I might be able to sneak in some further down the hull. I am debating on if I want to do a large row for the typical arboretum or whatever. This would exist below the blue row between the white hatch and those gray ones. I do not think sticking any windows in front of the strut root and just behind the saucer edge. So the area past the yellow templates is going to remain solid hull.

yeager-306.jpg

yeager-307.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerFreakBrandenbergevil_genius_180JES
    All of these updates are fantastic, bro. You always do phenomenal work. :)
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Damn that sure is pretty! :)
    Two rows of holes.

No rooms yet just a few omnis in the full render to somewhat light up the holes to fake it for now.

yeager-310.jpg
    yeager-311.jpg
    yeager-312.jpg

oh yeah I am aware of any errors as some of the detached and bridged panels that have not be cut are overlapping the hull in places causing a error, these are temp bridges to make cutting easier IE one go of boolean vs doing it multiple times for each panel.
    ashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180JES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1989 Central OhioPosts: 1,225Member
    I JUST noticed the TOS style measurement markings on the hull. Very nice touch!
    thanks

Holes have rooms now.
    yeager-315.jpg

yeager-316.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180JES
    Decided since I was going through the drudgery of windows and interiors I should start stuffing textures on the walls so lower windows in with rooms and all the central hull has maps now. I will need to do all the upper hull rooms now as well. Once done it is time to move to those saucer windows. YUCK. Also need to break up those hull plates and uvw them so the patterns do not cross over them.

yeager-318.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerBrandenbergJES
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Great design & execution as always!!
    Yeowza! The realism.
    More effing windows. These are more annoying as they are of course on the round and well matching those pill windows with the round ones are AUGH as the rounds leave a slightly larger template I need to build the room off of.

yeager-326.jpg

yeager-327.jpg

yeager-328.jpg

yeager-329.jpg
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777BrandenbergJES
    Nice bridge. I want to be the captain of THIS ship
    Ok all the rim holes have rooms. Now to debate on those inner facing windows on the upper lip. Oh and the ones below the bridge but I think those might go away and move down a deck or 2 to the "mouth" area.

yeager-333.jpg

yeager-334.jpg

Looks like my hull material has gone whacky again. Never had this issue before but eh. Maybe too many surfaces in the scene? got a few other ships in there and all their baggage. Maybe should purge a few of them to see.

man last render 1h48min. .
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777rojrenJES
    The rooms are looking great. But, yeah, that's a long render for a WIP.
    Forward windows for a lounge and offices I guess. Definitely wont be any fing bridges behind them. Dunno, rendered it out with the rest of the bits and they seem to large. So all this work I stayed up to do might be flushed later in the day.

yeager-335.jpg

yeager-336.jpg

also not to happy to see those splooches are back again. I think the materials are going whack each time I import something from another file into the file. I recently updated and replaced the TOS shuttle and all of these anomalies in the main material show up.
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180JES
    New take on the lounge windows.
    old
    yeager-337.jpg
    new
    yeager-338.jpg
    FreakLizzy777JES
    Jambs and interiors and various materials. They still seem a little big vs other openings but I think these are composed a lot better.

yeager-340.jpg

yeager-342.jpg
    Lizzy777lewisnivenevil_genius_180JES
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    Out of interest, do you have some kind of procedural hull texture set up that you apply, and then UV unwrap later? I notice your panels all follow the flow of the hull (ie out radially on the suacer etc) but then you mention not yet having UV unwrapped, just confused/interested about how thats being done.
    It is all mostly projected tiled material/surface. It is all one material so the saucer and hull are the same material I just project a squashed sphere below the saucer. Other parts are projected as various shapes depending on the rough shape of the object. IE box, face, cyl, sphere, so on.
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    It is all mostly projected tiled material/surface. It is all one material so the saucer and hull are the same material I just project a squashed sphere below the saucer. Other parts are projected as various shapes depending on the rough shape of the object. IE box, face, cyl, sphere, so on.

Ah that makes sense, thanks.
    Not much of a change but where it was left last night. changed out materials and added a few things. Interior is all temp in a way as I will likely model in some stuff and toss in some furniture as these windows are still a bit over sized. Might adjust them some more too but wont be remodeling them.

yeager-344.jpg

yeager-345.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777JES
    Inner rim windows and rooms. So for now I am DONE with fing windows. Unless I change my mind on adding more or altering existing ones.

yeager-346.jpg

yeager-347.jpg
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777ashleytingerJES
    Various full ship shots to give a overall view of where it is at right now.

yeager-348.jpg

yeager-349.jpg

yeager-350.jpg

yeager-351.jpg

Kind of not to happy with the nacelles ATM.
    Lizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180FreakJES
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann610 Posts: 1,271Member
    This design is REALLY growing on me thanks to your amazing render work.
    thanks, hoping to have some fun with this soon.

mucking about with the nacelles with the idea of integrating some of the patterns and shapes of the canon ship. Dunno about those sipes on that forward cutout so those might go away or become a flat pattern on the surface instead.

yeager-352.jpg

yeager-353.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakJES
    I like them, but I think they would look really cool if they were done flat on the surface.
    I got mad and fooled with the main hull materials. Sadly lost some of the tonal color in the reflections but it was the only way to eliminate that hard contrast crap in the shadows. Considering lightening the general hull color too.

yeager-354.jpg

yeager-355.jpg
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777JES
    edited June 2019 #961
    Slow day today I guess. Mostly those vents and a mess of small changes as well as the gunk in the warp coil opening.
    The little vanes on the vent thing with the orange glow might not stay.

yeager-360.jpg

yeager-361.jpg

yeager-363.jpg

yeager-364.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    ashleytingerLizzy777FreakJES