Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9712 Posts: 5,302Member
    edited September 2020 #2042
    There we go.
    balmung-vray-059.jpg
    now to figure out this jpgy looking noise. got the denoiser applied but it keeps showing as disabled but I click enable and it just sits there. About the only thing it does is retain a default filename that is annoying now as it is one from a few projects back.

Yeah I think i do not have it set up tiz a bitch finding a tut on it that is not a fing video. hate video tuts. Though all the samples i find of it show more of a GRAIN removal than this jpg vomit looking crap in the renders.
    Yeah, dunno all the options are grayed out unlike the Galaxy file. shrug.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    LeoBerlinRekkertLizzy777
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Looks fantastic as always. :)
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Nice translucent plastic containers. Someone gotta clean up that cargo bay!
    edited September 2020 #2045
    Redid the aft registry. Dunno wtf is going on with the backdrop and why it is inverting across the mesh. Just not been my week one thing after another.

balmung-vray-060.jpg

it isnt there until the render ends then it pops in. I think it has something to do with exposure control as that was turned off in the scene. Also notice when the backdrop is applied int he FB the ships blacks change. So I think it is doing stupid shit again such as rendering the mesh not as a opaque item but semi transparent in places. Seen this a few times but it has not been a problem as it has not shown up for a while. It is a big issue when compositing.

yup the inverted backdrop text is the exposure control shitting things up.
    balmung-vray-062.jpg
    so dunno. Might just run sans the max ex control and just use exposure in the vray FB instead. (least for the WIP renders as when I do composite renders the ships are fairly "FLAT" in lighting and saturation.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777publiusrAldaron87lewisnivenFreakjapetus
    Erg had to rerender the dark side again as I forgot to save the render >_< just one of those days. Adding to this I think the ship name needs redoing as my kerning (think that is the term) is to large. Advantage I think i might be able to get it to fit between those other cutouts. I think it will lend to looking neater too. I am using the dark blue material used on the saucer reg but I think these were all black. Sorta like how top reg is blue and some ships the lower saucer reg is black.

balmung-vray-063.jpg
    balmung-vray-064.jpg

Debating right now if I should consider making warp coils to be seen in the glow areas or not. Will start working the flat areas flanking the bay and the upper super for the pay as it is fairly plain and lacking details the lower hull has. At some point I gotta re rig the lights. That is going to be a real pain as most of the gizmos do not display right in the viewports so it will be a trial of adjust render adjust render over and over and over for probably 2 weeks.
    Lizzy777LoopholepubliusrLeoBerlinRekkertAldaron87BolianAdmiralFreaksrspicer
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Wow!
    Stuff from last night I forgot to post.
    Panels, markings, and mechanical bits like door tracks.

balmung-vray-065.jpg
    balmung-vray-066.jpg

And oh boy those shuttle nacelles are fugly but dunno if I want to step into redoing those.
    BolianAdmiralLizzy777LeoBerlinlewisnivenFreakRekkertWarp Propulsion Laboratorysrspicer
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I love that shuttlebay... such a nice nod to TMP.
    Loophole
    And oh boy those shuttle nacelles are fugly but dunno if I want to step into redoing those.

Nooo! I love those nacelles! You’re like the only one who gives the 1701-B style nacelles any love, lol.

• Hilk_v001Hilk_v00187 Posts: 37Member
    this level detail.. wow

(yes im a noob)
  • seanrseanr1097 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 594Member
    Hilk_v001 wrote: »
    this level detail.. wow
    LOL, it wouldn't be an authentic MKF if it weren't stunningly detailed. ;)
    lennier1
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Uau..... Wonderfull!!
    Intent is to not drastically alter them but to correct some flaws in the shape and modeling. I do have a feeling that in time I will be redoing this model stuff like the uneven jambs in the viewports etc are just too janky. Compromises because I wanted a square front window etc.
    It is a model from prior to 2011.

balmung-vray-067.jpg

busy cleaning my nasty keyboard, actually typing on raw keyswitches right now. Shocked how nasty it is but I have let things go as I have been infrequently at the work PC this last few months. YUCK. Lubed stabs are nice no rattles etc but it sure attracts the gunk. Should buy a cover or toss a rag over it when not being used.
    lewisnivenlennier1Lizzy777LeoBerlinBolianAdmiralFreak
    Welp keyboard is clean and wasted some time on fooling with these nacelles. Also dumped the main ship hull material on the shuttle vs the white it has earlier. Intent is to show the nacelles more as a assembly that can be pulled apart. Not to mention a bit larger and bulkier to look more the part vs what was there.

balmung-vray-069.jpg
    balmung-vray-070.jpg

Still arguing with the translucent surfaces and reflective surfaces with low gloss.
    LoopholeBolianAdmiralLeoBerlinFreakLizzy777Warp Propulsion Laboratorypubliusr
    More nacelle stuff, also altered the rcs thrusters. Might have to redo those with taller openings.
    balmung-vray-071.jpg
    balmung-vray-072.jpg
    balmung-vray-073.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLeoBerlinLoopholeFreakLizzy777
    All the rough bits are in just details to go I think. Might alter bits here and there.
    balmung-vray-074.jpg
    BolianAdmiralLeoBerlinLoopholeFreakLizzy777
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Love the shutttle and the shuttlebay, and the Ent-B style nacelles, people know I love the Ent-B! :-D
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I like that little guy! Got nice interior space and volume, great shape to it, the nacelles look like they have a little more kick than the ones we've seen before, and I dig those struts at the back, it makes it look like it's perched on it's haunches waiting to pounce. I can picture it being a shuttle that wasn't universally popular at the time, but has a small core group of enthusiasts. After leaving Starfleet service, I can see a lot of them winding up in the hands of retired officers as well as private collectors for use as personal spacecraft, and being particularly popular on scarcely populated worlds or ones with more rugged terrain.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Loving those new Nacelles.
    Stuff from a few days ago, got sick. . . .

balmung-vray-076.jpg
    balmung-vray-077.jpg
    balmung-vray-078.jpg
    impulse is just a box with bars in and the backwall is a lum mat. Need to match up those panel gaps.

ashleytingerBolianAdmiralLoopholeLizzy777Zhor2395LeoBerlinWarp Propulsion LaboratoryFreak
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    That makes me wish the shuttles in TNG looked like that, it looks way better than anything in that show in my opinion!
    Warp Propulsion Laboratory
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
    I love how the shuttle always has to match the form of its respective ship, especially the nacelles.
    Standing among giants
    Not a massive fan of the similarities but I figure it is not common to have new ships and designs so as the new ships come out the shuttles get the updated tech ideas. Granted it sort of fails as stuff doe snot always scale. Originally I did this to show them equipping warp drive to existing shuttle designs. Sort of a rolling upgrade. Hence why the body of the shuttle is very close to the ones seen in ST5 (dunno if they were seen prior)

Erm update really does not show too well. Added some of the pearl piping on the nacelles, step pads and a few changes all around. Also matched the gap to the door gaps (I think) I probably should update the white markers and blinkers to the nacelle lights vs just a glow surface. (right of way lights are proper bulbs and glass domes.)

Also gotta find my mocked up pilot. Though maybe I should consider making a new one. Also need to find resources or possible concept work for this era space suits. Dunno if one exists or not.

might just go white on the delta logo as well as vray glitter shader looks pretty naff vs mental ray's

balmung-vray-079.jpg

balmung-vray-080.jpg

BolianAdmiralLizzy777Freakpubliusr
    This one is so much better than the one we saw in Generations. I think the Onimaru shuttle is still may favorite of yours, though.
    Changed the thruster cutout and added some forward ones. Looking at a old photo of the TNG era version of this hull and I can see there are rcs ports all along the centerline of the thing. But for now I will stop here as anything more is just time wasted as I am leaning more and more towards redoing the main hull.
    balmung-vray-082.jpg
    balmung-vray-083.jpg
    Lizzy777BolianAdmirallewisnivenFreak
  • maranmaran178 Posts: 39Member
    Yay, braking thrusters!! =)

That's a seriously good looking shuttle.
    Rough internals for the plasma blow off valves and some of the transport pipes for whatever. Actual flush ports are facing down with little flaps that open up. Thew brown boxes are the ports while the white things are the gates. Upper covers are mostly access hatches but can be opened as well, they will slide up at an angle.
    balmung-vray-086.jpg
    Dunno if I will use them or not but it will be there. >_>
    balmung-vray-088.jpg
    publiusrlewisnivenLeoBerlinLizzy777srspicerBolianAdmiralFreak
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    for some reason i want to see an elaborate shot of those hatches unlocking, all that housing extending and what ever that cylindrical core is, being ejected just before it explodes!!!!
    Bit more work on the hatch thingy and build up for the area below that I left open for some reason. (gonna need to clone this all over to the other side too as much of this ship is collapsed objects. Also found some objects have screwed up smoothing groups so there is more "errors" in opening older max files than expected. So I might be better off exporting them as FBX in my old version of max to 2019. Thankfully I have yet to wipe my old work pc and reinstall the OS.

Intent of this part is that of the injector assembly that shapes the warp plasma into the coil assemblies. Basically that inverted nozzle seen in TNG as a item inside the nacelle. Idea is this older ship (closer to the ent B than the Ambassador) would have a larger unit that needs changing out and is accessible from outside. The part probably has a real name than what I am thinking of but eh not bothered to go look it up. I can have others make up their own handwavium excuse for it.
    Hell it could be a injector blow off valve on the entry stage of the nacelle. Same ideas as the rear vents for when they cannot loop the plasma back into the system. I think one of the "lost little ship" images I did had it venting contaminated plasma due to a hole in the nacelle grill. (old model with the old re-connie)

Probably should change or alter the glow to be a deeper blue as this is one of those parts I expect to create the larger blue glow as seen through the grills. (hell probably should model up some simple low poly coils too. (and yes idea of the glow is it is residual not in operation.)

Wasted a mess of today hollowing out the nacelle under the flappy doors for the warp coils to decide it would be too much visual mess in one area so debating if I will clone it over for use some other time.

Also need to remember to figure out what I had planned for that red line on the nacelle. Awkwardly just ends. Wondering if it is more defective surfacing like the wayland logo on my shuttle as that was mostly missing and it was just a decal poly. (no backup has it not fuked so it is lost and I no longer have the font)

balmung-vray-089.jpg
    balmung-vray-090.jpg
    balmung-vray-091.jpg
    LeoBerlinLizzy777srspicerBolianAdmiralFreak
    markmassey wrote: »
    for some reason i want to see an elaborate shot of those hatches unlocking, all that housing extending and what ever that cylindrical core is, being ejected just before it explodes!!!!

dunno if it will happen. not a animator and do not have patience to do all the re-renders then figure out how to get my old copies of premier and afterfx working.

I did toy with the idea of a helix frame that would sin up to cradle it and pull it into place. Decided at a distance it could get visually messy.