Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Beautiful work, Madkoifish.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Stunning Work as usual.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9708 Posts: 5,302Member
    Attempts to break up the rear end of the central hull.

jigoku-class-241.jpg

jigoku-class-242.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777Freak
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    edited December 2019 #1385
    Some more wingy wingyness. Cannot decide if I want to stick plain old pill winders in or do something odd like having them wrap around the bottom seam (area below where they are now)

Render and a doodle. If you look closely you'll see the doodle has this weird bump map like effect that is globally applied to the mesh. Another 2017 BS thing apparently turning off and on a mess of render settings got rid of it. But whatever
    The doodle shows a presumed bridge layout as I am mulling over what rooms will be briefing rooms ready rooms etc. If I place the ready room behind the existing windows as planned it means a bit of a huff up some stairs behind the viewscreen, or short lift/ramp. And if I stick the briefing room between the turbolift bumps it means a long haul to it from the bridge. However if I stick it aft of the bridge either in the far end or in that area facing forward it means a huff for the captain.
    jigoku-class-244.jpg
    zoom 2X and you will see the global texture on every material. Looks like some concrete or "drywall" texture is applied into the bump map slot that appears on all surfaces. Unclicking enviro and light importance eliminated it or made it "blur" off. Go fig.
    jigoku-class-245.jpg

Also to note from what I have been hearing about youtube I will likely be pulling my channel in the next few months. So save what you want now. Not that there is anything in any quality there anymore as they gimped the non standard screen recording sessions and forced them to be scaled video vs 1:1 pixel videos. (my old set up was 16X10 (1920X1200 vs 1080) In the past you could stream ity at 1440p and it would trim down to 1200p. Anyhow due to new bs via copa (crap gov censorship via some stupid child protection law made to pertain to TV and film not individualistic videos) and more stupid moves on google's part pertaining to videos and SJW PC bullshite it is more and more annoying to deal with.
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777Freak
    Windows grids etc, some slight changes from the doodle.

jigoku-class-248.jpg
    ashleytingersrspicerLizzy777Freak
    Forward room in as well as extensions for the readyroom and whatever office is on the other side. I staged the fwd room as a briefing room by stuffing the overused desk and chair set. (think I used this set in the Onimaru as well as the Aethling. Might model up a new table but for now the old voyageresque one works for now.

jigoku-class-253.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777FreakrojrensrspicerZhor2395
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I really like that window design.
    Thanks,
    Windows and interiors for the other 2 rooms. Just simple pill shapes this time. Also screen cap of interior rooms.
    jigoku-class-255.jpg

jigoku-class-254.png
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerLizzy777Loophole
    I like the idea of having the briefing room and Ready rooms in front of the bridge.
    It different.
    Loophole
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I echo the sentiment, it looks great to have the briefing room there. Also, I'm loving that bridge design doodle. :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Rear paneling and rough outs for the larger window groups.

jigoku-class-258.jpg

jigoku-class-259.jpg
    And yes, those foremost purple windows will likely have to be in the same room as the forward yellow group.
    rojrenevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777
    Once again, loving the window design. Sure, the whole thing looks great, but windows are a detail that can make or break a design, and yours look fantastic.
    Well first post of 2020 good riddance to the last decade, and may the next be as crappy. HAH

On the bright side! Those aft windows are in with a rough room behind them. And to start things off I kinda feel that I should just delete them all and stick with just hull. >_<
    jigoku-class-260.jpg
    yeah more I look at the render now the more I want to either change things around or eliminate em. bugger.

HAH I think some people are super late to get the notice, random pops here and there. The 2020 bug!
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerFreak
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    really like the briefing room. hope you keep it
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
    edited January 2020 #1396
    Adjusted the inner step of the larger room's window frames. Looks a bit better now and then modeled in the side rooms six in total.

jigoku-class-261.jpg
    jigoku-class-263.jpg
    jigoku-class-264.jpg
    Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Zhor2395ashleytingerevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777
    Aft room done, dunno what these 2 large rooms in the back are for but W/E. There is a central turbo lift that services this area, it creates a U hallway that would have things like a crapper or machine rooms (likely network nodes etc.)
    jigoku-class-266.jpg
    jigoku-class-267.jpg
    Now to decide how to arrange all the stuff down the backside of that hull part. Might not put windows in the dark blue area between the impulse drives like planned.

jigoku-class-239a.jpg
    rough doodle from a while back.

evil_genius_180srspicerFreakLizzy777Zhor2395
    Nice.
    On the doodle, is that windows or escape pods just behind the hanger doors. (Same level and the bottom of the hanger doors but below the impulse engines.)
    Likely windows as I did not doodle any lifeboats. Reference default SOV lifeboats are those things in the saucer hull area. I wont be following the doodle exactly as the doodle is a bit of a mess of windows. I have more than one idea going on in it and is just to see how each would look. Part of why I had not posted it prior. Only glass that is likely to remain from it are what I have modeled below and some sort of observation room below the shuttle bay ala Voyager and the shuttle bay ops. The latter is one I have to test out as space is tight and really not all ships have such a thing.

jigoku-class-269.jpg
    jigoku-class-271.jpg
    jigoku-class-272.jpg

Added in side windows rough panel lines and some torp details. Also rounded off the shuttle bay more to avoid segs. also mapped all the current interiors with the generic TNG interior mapping. Probably should look at updating that or changing out some of the theming. and OOPS that shuttlebay photometric is a bit too warm. Wish the incandescent dimming level was easier to judge in viewport than it is. Oh well Likely have to relearn all this as I am likely to shift to vray soon. Just need to figure out if the version I am offered will work in 17 or 19. Looking like I will want to move to 2019 as I have found more bugs in 17 that are major annoyances EG tools suddenly stop working, remaining hotkey bug from 2013 (start typing in layer/object/anything, rename and it works all the single key hotkeys as if I am actively on a viewport vs a text entry) Though that might exist on 2019 as well as it I think goes back prior to 2010, like ver8.
    Lizzy777srspicerFreak
    jigoku-class-275.jpg

Cutting in the secondary deflector area and thinking if I should even have it or have it so large. This is the third time doing it as each time I couldn't get the shape right and it still looks off. I want the height in the cut in face but dunno maybe too wide. If memory serves I had planned to put pulse phaser things flanking the dish in the angled bits. Also marked out the planned sensor pit like what Voyager had. Also starting to think maybe the flat sided hull rim was a mistake too. Idea was to replicate Voyagers sensor pits there as well, but dunno. heh. A lot of the wok I have done recently is more post NEM era look and feel so maybe harkening to a time between it and TNG is a mistake.

Keep healthy and out of the smoke to our AU visitors (if we have anyone from the NSW area.) 2020 looks to be a real crapper of a year.
    Lizzy777
    Size altered and bits put in. Deflector surface is rough and likely to change. (it is just a bevel atm anyhow) More than likely match it to the one below though that one I might change as well as I have used that dish on plenty of ships already.

jigoku-class-276.jpg
    jigoku-class-277.jpg
    ashleytingerLizzy777Freakevil_genius_180
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Outstanding...
    Roughing out grids details and placement of other features.
    jigoku-class-279.jpg
    FreakLizzy777ashleytingerevil_genius_180
    Not a huge massive change but upper struts are collapsed and optimized. Started work on the sensor pallet/torp launcher and gubbins.

jigoku-class-282.jpg
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerFreakLizzy777Rekkertsrspicer
    I like that torpedo area a lot so far. The upper deflector looks pretty cool too.
    More crap in that opening. Really been fighting the materials lately as some are too close in tone and NONE match the original colors in the old model. Thinking I should have been a bit more creative with that paneling around the torp launcher. Say make it less of a flat panel and more something that formed itself around the housing. Shrug.

jigoku-class-285.jpg

jigoku-class-286.jpg

tossed a few of those ubiquitous science boxes I forget what ship I modeled them for from way back in to the notch below a directional sensor grid. They look a bit too busy there so they will probably move to one of the pits down the road. Gonna do a mess of sub panels to try to match this up to the IOWA/NOMADIC model details.
    Rekkertashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakZhor2395
    I love the panels around the Trop launcher.
    Orange pads funny notch things and a rough start on the deflector. I have yet to decide if I will do a new one for the main unit below and what colors I will use so this one is a bit of a mix atm. Glow bits though are going to be a mix of blue diffuse and yellow key glows. (I need to reset the frosted glass as it is not doing much right now) I probably should have curved the thing too or done something other than flat. I inset the orange things a bit to make this more than the simple cutout it was so it better matches the Aethling model. Also is last night's details in that upper sensor/torp cutout.

jigoku-class-287.jpg
    jigoku-class-290.jpg
    jigoku-class-291.jpg

Dunno might redo all of this to get that "step" into the general cutout vs the bodge I put in.
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777ashleytingerBrandenbergscifieric
    Ok pulled off what I could for the details and sunk the opening floor down. Might end up redoing that plating next to those rib emitter things.
    jigoku-class-292.jpg
    jigoku-class-293.jpg

Likely will have to do some poly doubling on the hull in places to eliminate the segs. (chamfering edges or detaching chunks and subdiving them and welding them back in)
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777ashleytingerBrandenbergscifieric
    I like the detailing so far.
    scifieric
  • LoopholeLoophole48 Posts: 67Member
    I love the deflector. Really starting to remind me of a Norway class.
    Standing among giants