Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D-= MKF random trek thread =-

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9696 Posts: 5,299Member
    Software is still max and mental ray, suppose to move over to blender but well, heh . . . .

System is the same old 4770k with 16gigs ram & 770gtx. Need a upgrade but refuse to run win10 and all the hdw from the last 3yrs or more is not compatible with win7. That and well no $$$ for new stuff. T_T.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    Erm ok, I was suppose to go to bed 3hrs ago and well still here. . . . . I think I got the sub panels where I want. Some loss of work outside of the secondary panels but I think I have a solution to the torp mini panels that are on this part of the ship which is to well cut around them and leave that one brown one separate. It I think might give me a change to put some junk on those areas between the panels as well like vents or just random crap. I have lost some lighting and greebs in the cracks between the panels but meh. Those secondary panels should not take more than a day or session as I already have an idea what I want out of them. Patching in the dark panels though will be a bit meh so I might just abandon patching those and re-cut them too. ATM I have a few central panels to extend and all the upper ones that face the top of the head, though maybe I should ignore those as they barely show atm in renders.

kling-pretos-560.jpg

kling-pretos-561.jpg
    Ok all the cutting is done for the new panels. Some other bits are cut out and I patched in the panels for the dark area. Though I am considering if I should revert these and just recut it all so I can match the panels to the white ones.

kling-pretos-562.jpg
    JES
    Extruded out, might end up removing that thunderbolt panel groove as it just distracts too much I think.

kling-pretos-564.jpg

kling-pretos-567.jpg

kling-pretos-568.jpg
    JES
    Decided to render it sans enviro. So a skylight tied to the environ but as that is off it likely is only producing a light GI and a single omni.

kling-pretos-569.jpg

for the heck of it a processed image.
    kling-pretos-570a.jpg
    JES
    Mostly small details today and changing of panel colors that I might revert.

kling-pretos-576.jpg

kling-pretos-577.jpg

kling-pretos-578.jpg

kling-pretos-579.jpg
    JES
    More panels.

kling-pretos-584.jpg
    kling-pretos-585.jpg
    JES
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Those details will always be amazing. Love it.
    Thanks,
    Took a break and then errands, suffering from the state being on fire as well as the place on the end of the block, etc and I forgot to post these. Mostly just more bits on those brackets and a mess of repair to hidden edges as max keeps turning those on untouched objects. (go fog haunted application! feh) Spent the rest of the evening painting new avvies. :p

kling-pretos-588.jpg
    A distance render to see how things blend. Seeing bits elsewhere on the ship I likely will axe em like the part where the pipes end near the base of the turret canon.
    kling-pretos-589.jpg
    JES
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    ewww look at the pretty birdy! :lol: Awesome stuff! Well done. :notworthy:
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Update mostly unseen! one I got lazy and it just has been too hot. . . my AC has gotten to where it is worse than a clapped out moldy swamp cooler as it just makes slightly colder than ice some alum fins and a window fan. Too bad too cause a new one is like 600usd. SHEESh and the house ac costs like 200usd/mo to run extra and is WORSE than the broke window ac. Sigh.

So with that said, I detached and re-maped each panel so the break up of textures do not cross over onto other panels. Probably a waste of time for that one or two times you'll see this area of the ship in any renders in the future. . . . heh. I also swapped out that messy gray with the heavy AO grime composite for the dark band material. As for the 2 additional colors I have yet to decide if these will be final. BUT they will get used elsewhere on the ship ATM they are only on the head. I pulled some details and altered some of the patterns in panels here and there and rounded off some of the separate elements like those 3 segments on the neck. I still dislike some of those joining parts from the tubes to the head. you still see the basic shape I had there. I might just build those up from separate bits of crap sort of like I did elsewhere around the tubes. I figure that arm bit sticking out is some cooling or device that needs to stand away from the primary hull. All the square things I am using as shield emitters.

OH and I keep forgetting to ask about opinion on self lighting on this thing. I had set up those lights near the front earlier just to light the detail in that recess created by the top and the bulb but had no intent to keep them. I guess if they did light it warm white probably wont be "The Choice of Klingons.

kling-pretos-590.jpg

kling-pretos-591.jpg

kling-pretos-594.jpg

kling-pretos-595.jpg

kling-pretos-596.jpg

kling-pretos-597.jpg
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2293 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,968Member
    Have you checked into the cost of getting the a/c coolant re-charged?

Looks awesome. Reminds me of a dragon.
    In a window ac no, they are made as disposable you'd have to cut the coil braze on fittings then fill. not to mention costs of machines to safely drain the remaining coolant. Long and short probably cost as much as a new one. Add in they are not made like the ones from the 80s and 90s so they are full of cheap bushings and styrofoam. Only serviceable units I have seen are those 220 window units/wall units. Heck this being calif there is probably some law keeping me from doing anything to it as well. Whole anti right to repair sorta ****.

House AC is a lost cause it has holes in the lines everywhere control board is fried and the motor is just 60s horror.
    JES
  • rojrenrojren2293 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,968Member
    Ah. I haven't had a window unit for... I guess it's been a very long time, since the person I gave them to refilled them.
    Attempt to break up this area of the ship. Meh.

kling-pretos-600.jpg
    JES
    Another go at the neck joint.

kling-pretos-601.jpg

kling-pretos-602.jpg
    JES
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Not sure if this is what you were going for, but for me, it gives it a sense of "detachable." Cool!
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Redid the panels on the dark stripe to match the others and added some rather large windows for a Klingon ship. Still tuning the interior lighting, might alter it or adjust interior finish as I have not made any interior maps yet.

kling-pretos-612.jpg

kling-pretos-613.jpg
    JES
    Some moves forward and some moves back. Undid the old style plating on the backside of the head parts. Took more to find a version of this part without the lower panels as those occurred across a change in geometry. Also a start on the secondary panels at least on the lower part. Couple of the smaller ones might be pulled off exp that on small triangle one. This is to all match up from the bottom view. I forget if I had planned windows down there or not likely not. Not sure yet if I will continue additional panels down the neck.

kling-pretos-614.jpg

kling-pretos-615.jpg

kling-pretos-617.jpg

kling-pretos-618.jpg
    JES
    Laying out the upper band windows. Central ones could be capt quarters or a large lounge or something. Yeah, not much spent most of the free time binge watching tv shows.

kling-pretos-620.jpg
    JES
    More windows, they seem a bit naked compared to the others. . . Plans were to extrude panels amongst them but maybe I should have set them inward some first.

kling-pretos-621.jpg

kling-pretos-623.jpg

kling-pretos-624.jpg
    JES
    Panels around those outer windows and some around the inner ones too.

kling-pretos-625.jpg

kling-pretos-626.jpg

kling-pretos-627.jpg

kling-pretos-628.jpg
    JES
    Pulled off more of that old paneling and extruded out a rim of detail panels.

kling-pretos-630.jpg

kling-pretos-631.jpg

kling-pretos-632.jpg
    JES
    Upper rim plating and some rebuilding and adjusting older plating grooves etc.

kling-pretos-635.jpg
    JES
    Some more holes.
    kling-pretos-636.jpg

kling-pretos-637.jpg
    JES
    More holes in not much more to putting off the command deck and tac station. or whatever that tower would be and the dome thing would have a few offices a crapper and maybe a officers mess. Well, maybe not that much crap. Once the inner guts are in the tower you wont be able to see through it to the windows on the other sides, there will be a central column or something in there. (think ST TMP)

kling-pretos-640.jpg

kling-pretos-641.jpg

kling-pretos-642.jpg
    JES
    Not much changed except a external box. . . . . well lots of small stuff inside and near the window joints etc. Mostly spent time correcting the lum shaders some as the IDs were getting all whack. Dunno what has happened in my max set up but it seems to like making copies of materials all over or randomly assigning a material ID set when I apply a singular material to a new object so when I assign another material it assigns whatever was in the next ID or some random **** NOT what I applied. . . . . SO I endlessly apply and have the ID set change all over and render and wonder why the lum mix I was setting up on a light fixture was rendering all screwed up. UGH.

Anyhow Im still mulling over how I will go about paneling this. I doubt I will follow the TMP K'tinga random blocks all over with some lumpy external bracing. I will though I think go with some random doodads on the hull like added bits in misc refits or bodge fixes or bodge upgrades. The upper dome will get a treatment si ilar to the one further back on the ship. Idea is it will contain some more sensor like bits and a ring of shield emitters. As of now the int is a doughnut shape but idea is it would have sections that raise and rotate from a lower deck for tactical or gunners. The lower floor would open to the main bridge like seen in TMP, though I was never so sure about the command forward seating exp with how the Klingons were expanded on in TMP and later. Not the keenest thing to sit infront of those looking to upgrade their rank.
    Anyhow the render after a wall of words. . . . . . . .
    kling-pretos-644.jpg

Eww can really see those aft rooms are empty spaces.
    JES
    Updates are a bit weak, mostly just panels on the can and some greebs.

kling-pretos-653.jpg

kling-pretos-654.jpg
    JES
    Mapping out the dome panels.

kling-pretos-658.jpg

kling-pretos-659.jpg
    JES
    Test extrusion of the panels. On the fence here up close it looks ok but at a distance it sort of reads as noise.

kling-pretos-660.jpg

kling-pretos-661.jpg

kling-pretos-662.jpg

kling-pretos-663.jpg
    JES