Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars Docking Bay 94

Jay_LewJay_Lew0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Hello everyone! I am new here to SciFi Meshes. I stumbled across this site a while back and really liked it. So I have a personal real-time CG project that started out as just me wanting to build a CG Millenium Falcon because, well, I am a huge Star Wars nerd. So what started as just me wanting to build the Falcon and a docking bay interior, turned into "hey, wouldn't it be cool to build out the interior hallways of the docking bay also" which turned into "HEY wouldn't it be cool to have the alleyway just outside the Docking Bay also" which turned into "HEY, WOULDN'T IT BE COOL TO BUILD OUT PART OF MOS EISLEY ALSO!!!" which then brought me to the realization of "OH CRAP!!!! THIS IS A LOT OF WORK, I NEED HELP !!!!!!!" So I enlisted the help of several friends of mine and we have been working on a small real-time chunk of Mos Eisley running in Unreal 4, and I thought I would share some screen shots and a video of what we have so far. It's still very much a work in progress, but we are making some headway on it. Our goal is to finish it ( shooting for end of March hopefully ) and then release it on the web for people to download. It's not really going to be a game per-say, just a pretty Mos Eisley showcase piece. Anyhow, check it out, let us know what you think so far:

evCyyg2.jpg
XvXBl6B.jpg
vnhJKSX.jpg
cI9gBxF.jpg
C1RAw6r.jpg
bqy7Kyl.jpg
xEuQ2DH.jpg
birjyGh.jpg
4PtSBxx.jpg
qSa39UY.jpg
cVlqv3a.jpg
TQjoJLn.jpg
hYHJDke.jpg
J4GKjyD.jpg
DHDEfXf.jpg
4Li0GjX.jpg
uVkRJIk.jpg
ozgYWiJ.jpg

And here is a video walk-through:

We also have a running thread on Polycount and the Unreal 4 forums that dates back to the early stages of the project for those of you who want to see the progression from the beginning:

http://polycount.com/discussion/153396/star-wars-mania-docking-bay-94/p1

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?84078-Star-Wars-Mania-Docking-Bay-94

Thanks everyone and looking forward to being part of your community!
Post edited by Jay_Lew on
Tagged:

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    welcome and WOW! that's great stuff. good to have you here.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Loving it, that looks awesome sauce.

:thumb:
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    LOVE the look of this project and cant wait to see more!! I just have one concern, the "sliding" door as i assume it is on pic doesn't look like it has anywhere for the door to slide into.....

only nitpick so far.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Um, wow! Really wow! Fantastic work. You guys are definitely doing an awesome job on this.
    LOVE the look of this project and cant wait to see more!! I just have one concern, the "sliding" door as i assume it is on pic doesn't look like it has anywhere for the door to slide into.....

only nitpick so far.

Maybe it slides down into the ground.
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    excellent, I've been using unreal engine recently and I've found it fantastic to work with
    Just a shame that you have (what I'm guessing is) a bog standard Unreal weapon in the player/viewer's hands, takes you out of it a little. I have an EE-3 Blaster Carbine you're welcome to use if you like. Haven't had a chance to test it in Unreal 4 Engine with the Substance Painter textures yet, but will do soon, and if you want it just get in touch.

Here's the link to the thread if you want to take a look.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?78594-EE-3-Blaster-Carbine
  • Jay_LewJay_Lew0 Posts: 0Member
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Just a shame that you have (what I'm guessing is) a bog standard Unreal weapon in the player/viewer's hands, takes you out of it a little. I have an EE-3 Blaster Carbine you're welcome to use if you like. Haven't had a chance to test it in Unreal 4 Engine with the Substance Painter textures yet, but will do soon, and if you want it just get in touch.

Here's the link to the thread if you want to take a look.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?78594-EE-3-Blaster-Carbine

Hey there, thanks for the offer! Yea, we are planning on swapping that out, probably to either an EE-11, or DL-44. It's on our to-do list, we just haven't gotten to it yet.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to check out our project!
  • StarriggerStarrigger475 Posts: 698Member
    Wow!... Cool is just leaking out all over this page.....
    Come on over to my place CGI Worlds
    Hey Everyone! So I have a little post-Christmas update on our Mos Eisley environment. Needless to say, but with the holidays going on, everyone working on the project has had their productivity impacted with work and holiday events, but despite this, I think we have a decent update for this month. We have built out more of the city with some new block-out meshes, including a couple of neat surprise block-out that you will see in the video and stills, I am hoping we are not biting off more than we can chew here, but we are gonna try to get all this stuff detailed and finished out. So the city is a little bigger, and we have gotten a decent start with texturing, some buildings as well as some props in the city and the docking bay. I am hoping to step it up a little here in January now that the holidays are behind us.

Anyhow, here is a new video walkthrough of our current progress. Hope you all like it. Please let us know what you think - Thanks everyone!

And here are some new still images. Thanks again!

6fDowEs.jpg

S9IPjlX.jpg

Y58RozV.jpg

UkWIYFC.jpg

wSkFNQu.jpg

yP2O09B.jpg

VwOkusT.jpg

J0321u4.jpg

x3eh5km.jpg

qRdfMIY.jpg

8wYd7Jr.jpg

imdKwq1.jpg

P9D1cl7.jpg
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear712 Posts: 175Member
    Cannot believe how amazing this looks. I love all the authentic touches like that weird ubrikkian landspeeder. I can't wait to see as more details are added!
    Howdy all!!!! Ok so I got another video uploaded with music.

JXnU9Hf.jpg

https://vimeo.com/150213559

Enjoy!!!
  • Jay-LewJay-Lew0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey everyone! So it has been a couple months since our last update, but rest assured we have been continuing to work on our Star Wars Mos Eisley UE4 environment. WE have got quite a bit of new stuff in since the last update, lots of textures on props and buildings / some new props scattered throughout the city / some updates to the Cantina & the Dowager Queen basement / and our awesome lighting artist started on a whole new lighting pass for us!

Got some new walkthrough videos for you all. The last video I did was a little long, I think it might have been tough to sit through all at once, so I broke up this update into 3 separate videos for you all to check out at your leisure!

Here is the our current progress on the Docking Bay 94 interior. LOTS of textured props now, and more textures and decal work on the walls.

UCDjoU8.jpg
    https://vimeo.com/156016705

And here is an update on the Cantina & RIght Half of the city

CtgrU1Z.jpg
    https://vimeo.com/156016873

And here is a new Dowager Queen basement and more stuff in the Left half of the city

sCWg5D6.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awy165Unul4&feature=youtu.be

So we still have a lot to do, but I think we are making good progress. I'll put up some still images here shortly as well.
    Thanks everyone, and please let us know what you all think!!!
    And here are some still shots for you all:

ZknT3o4.jpg
    B2AkRqw.jpg
    TqIsWhx.jpg
    AOVSjst.jpg
    KaOHy9B.jpg
    w9xLGJl.jpg
    wJTUZde.jpg
    Q1503S4.jpg
    9cWWWCo.jpg
    AjocIGY.jpg
    ZBCfg7e.jpg
    yIWfnTe.jpg
    tj1FS07.jpg
    moiLekd.jpg

Thanks again everyone!
    Loving it, looks better than the Tatooine hangar environment used in the new Star Wars Battlefront.

:thumb:
    Hey everyone!!!! So it has been a while since we have done an update on our Unreal 4 Mos Eisley scene. WE have been cranking away at it and I thought it was a good time to post an update. So here are a bunch of new screen shots out of UE4 showing some good progress, and some new stuff that we haven't shown before. Hope you all enjoy them, and if you get a minute, please let us know what you think. Thanks everyone!

AyMj9qs.png
    7dHvKzL.png
    ivpkxvm.png
    uh3Ul0e.png
    GPZpNHP.png
    8by4xJa.png
    Yw6jejp.png
    SVenbsK.png
    GWkwkNp.png
    DKyjc2r.png
    tqTob6r.png
    2kr8Hih.png
    NQVzqsI.png
    FTD5FoH.png
    jVlIvTt.png
    utBx2CF.png
    9hqakLk.png
    RoaiV4D.png
    21x2Csw.png

Our project is still WIP, but we are getting there. I would say we are about 75% - 80% done, just have a few more assets to finish, and then do a polish pass. So far I have tested running our level on a GTX760 / GTX970 / GTX980ti / and a Titan X cards, and it runs very good at 1920 x 1200 or lower on all teh 900 series cards, and pretty good on the 760. Any resolutions above 1920 x 1200 are still decent, but they do get a little choppy in a few areas. I just recently obtained access to an HTC Vive, so gonna see how well it runs in VR here soon.

I will post some new videos here either later this evening or tomorrow to show walk-through as I have also been doing a lot of sound work in the level as well that need video to show.

Thanks everyone, hope you all like the update!
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Unreal Engine or not, that looks damn near real. Fantastic work. :thumb:
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    great work
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Awesome!