Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Wars- A flock of X-Wings

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Started the new Xpac for swtor..and it made me wanna animate.
---Much improved animations and transitions and cinematics.

So, I did...

Started re doing the mats for the xwing.
used the Adv Tie I was doing in SW's Fanfilm Animation Sequence...changed the red to a drk blue.
Added the Cylon TOS Raider Plasma Bolt Sweep Nurb and Mat and Object Buffer settings.

threw in some asteroids I did long ago,,threw on some rock mats.

then using an old project as a guide and Audio track.....

then tried to come up with a few animations.Touched up the titles and Sfx.

Added 2 renders to give a better look of the model in video...
I titled it "A flock of x-wings"..doing the first clip...it kept reminding me of a flock of ducks scattering out of the...Asteroid Field....

Info/Details/Notes
I also did 1 or 2 of the clips in Rendered out layers..to try and have the DOF effect...usually VMB will cancel out the DOF
post effect in C4d...and I am not all the practiced at Multi-pass rendering or exporting to AE.
Got a funny black outline..prolly re-render.
Would like to continue...some of the mats are not all re done...
some may still have the old mat on the selection tag....
Make another short of X Wing's in Action!..yeah!!!
109675.png
Post edited by RandalR on
Tagged:

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    The movement of the firing Tie Advanced fighter seems slow in the ending sequence. And the sound of the engine in the title seems stretched out.
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    Jenny wrote: »
    The movement of the firing Tie Advanced fighter seems slow in the ending sequence. And the sound of the engine in the title seems stretched out.

Corrected.
    I reduced the Motion blur by half..previous was too blurry with the speed.And redid the animation..or tweaked it.
    --Usually the MB tag does not work in standard render.for me...but did this time..:D << Divine intervention? :lol:

[video=vimeo;144176722]

Notes:

opening seems pixelated on vimeo also,will have to look at clip in SMS-13 make sure it not resampled.

or.it is due to comping the clip in After Effects..

Also .I seemed to have omitted the last clip model credit.
    Alan "Hawk" Hart created the original model and original mats.
    They still look more stately than sleek and fast.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    25 seconds of title cards for about 17 seconds of actual footage. Mate you need to trim that down a lot.. I know you want some tips and commentary on your work but that just stands out. I nearly just stopped the video on that alone.

Having said that, it looks pretty good for a start, there are a few shots that feel a bit.. flat (the xwing fly at the camera in that second or so before the TIE advanced chases it (0:34) but that should be easily fixed by a tiny bit of playing keyframe tweaking.

good luck with the rest of the project.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    Nadesico wrote: »
    25 seconds of title cards for about 17 seconds of actual footage. Mate you need to trim that down a lot.. I know you want some tips and commentary on your work but that just stands out. I nearly just stopped the video on that alone.

Well..am sorry you feel that way...but I did make those too..the Text and animation(titles)..they are not some footage brought in.
    ---to be fair with you, Only used this title setup maybe 3 times in all the 5 SW's videos I have ever done.
    Sucks that it makes people stop watching a very short clip that was made just to satisfy a crave to animate.
    Well....sorry, I make them for myself and to learn , express and to be creative among other reasons.
    -- ok lesson learned -never include any titles or sequences until the short is complete and all animations and footage are in.

And the Speed of the Ships...? well,,,1500-3000cm a second is the speed..any faster really and there is no clip at all.
    Maybe tap up the motion blur a tad and it will look faster?

Warriors Toll...The Arrival those are personal projects..this was just an exercise.
    it sucked I guess... why not just say that? LOL

Flat? too Fast? too Slow? not Enuff turn,Curve,Rotation,not enuff F-Curve bend
    got no idea what you mean on that.

FYI/Info-Personal Thoughts.
    Either way., I'm not a professional. this is not paid for stuff...this is not made for any one but me.
    hell,, this is not even a real project...at least not one of the 3 I am working on doing for myself also.
    this was an exercise....I felt like animating Star Wars...I spent 1-2 weeks prepping the XWING Mats to make this.
    As it says ...I threw this together....well.,...where are all the comments on my real projects? I think 0 out of 20 Postings and updates...
    and you got to knock on the one I just threw together. that is almost too funny..no offense.

Thought I would give a better Explanation of what this is.
    It takes weeks to make something that inspired me weeks ago.

Surprised no one has noticed no Motion Blur on the rocks..and the the Texture is not sticky'd or Fit to Object on the cloner...that stands out like a sore thumb :D

regards,,

this project has been declared deceased.
    I'm sorry you feel that way, Randal.

I've long believed that the least effective feedback I can give is "I like it." That means that there's nothing to improve, no way to grow as an artist. I also believe that we're all artists, whether paid in money or in passion and satisfaction.

My comments, therefore, were meant as an opinion which would help you to grow. If what you were looking for was not constructive criticism but a pat on the back, well... sorry about that.

As for comments on your other projects... I've noticed that it's very slow going, getting comments. My own last project was several years ago, due to life circumstances which mean I no longer have the tools for 3D art. But during that project, I had two or three people who seemed to be paying attention and interacting; the rest of the board membership was off slobbering over MadKoiFish's latest vomitus.

Treasure those that will offer suggestions, and ignore the rest. Good luck, whether you work with this project further or not.