Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DHow Much for Just the Planet

VektorVektor332 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2015 in Finished Work #1
I needed something a little different to work on the past few days so I went back and painted an update of a sketch I did years ago for a certain ship from one of my favorite Star Trek novels. Enjoy. :)

Smith01_Final.jpg
109463.jpg
Post edited by Vektor on
Tagged:

• ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    This looks almost... cute.

Very nice work.
  • VektorVektor332 Posts: 0Member
    Unintentional design inspiration that just occurred to me: It looks like a baby sucking on a pacifier! Which totally fits, by the way. :D
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I like it. It's different. The drawing is fantastic. Which novel is it from?
    "How Much for Just the Planet" by John M. Ford.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    ST-One wrote: »
    This looks almost... cute.

Very nice work.

Heheheh, that is exactly what I was going to say, but you beat me to it. Fantastic little design.

:thumb:

The hammerhead bridge/command section reminds me a little of the ship from Battle Beyond the Stars too, obviously with way less boobage. Cue some weird franchise mash-up with this ship suckling on that one.

:p
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Vektor wrote: »
    "How Much for Just the Planet" by John M. Ford.

It suddenly occurred to me just before looking at this that the title of the thread was the title of the book. :shiner: (that's what I get for looking at the forum before having my coffee)

Thanks. I'll have to see about getting that one, I've never read it.
    Oh, it's a unique read, for sure. ;)

At one time I had some grandiose ideas about a CG animated film version and I set out to do a bunch of concept art for everything from characters and vehicles to props, architecture and set pieces. Like so many other things, just couldn't find the time to pursue it.