Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Announcement: Nate "Tovette" Temple.

SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
edited November 2015 in General Discussion #1
Hi all,

Those of you on the various social media outlets may have already heard, but last night one of our long-time members and instructors Nate "Tovette" Temple passed away suddenly due to heart complications, at the age of 33.

Nate is probably most famous on SFM for his "Project Cosmos" work, but during his time here was also one of our "Sensei" instructors, as well as being a popular and active member of the community- generously sharing the expertise he accumulated at Sony Online Entertainment with the wider community.

I know that not everyone who frequents SFM participates on sites like Twitter, Facebook etc so this news may come as a shock, as it did to all of us. I'm sure you will all join the staff of SFM in passing on our heartfelt condolences to Nate's family and friends at this incredibly difficult time.

Rest in Peace Nate.

24441_10151208813153199_1636566679_n.jpg
109299.jpg
Post edited by Samurai on
"Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."

• tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    At 33 it is trully surprising! I'm quite shocked and devastated. He was an extremely talented artist and posted daily with amazing art and cool tech stuff on Facebook. He'll be a huge miss!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Rest in peace :(
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Wow, this is a total shock. Nate was a great guy and a great artist. He will be missed. My condolences go out to his family.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    That is just heartbreaking. I think I've known this guy something like 13 years... maybe more. I can honestly say I've never heard one ill word about him. It's hard to say goodbye to a guy who easily one held one of the brightest places on SFM. He'll sorely be missed.

Farewell, Nate. You utterly kicked butt while you were here.
  • DacDac331 Posts: 0Member
    As someone who was tagged in some nerd/sci/tech story almost daily by Nate, often resulting in a good nerdy chat...to think that won't happen anymore is truly saddening. The news itself was such a shock - I'm still trying to process it. I live half a world away, but this has hit me just as hard as if I'd been down the pub with him for the past 10 years.

Goodbye Nate. I'm going to really, really miss you.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Nate was wildly talented, kind, and supportive. He obviously touched a lot of people's lives in a profound way through his use of humor, self-depreciation and of course, through his fantastic art.

Bon voyage Nate Temple. Safe trip.
  • backsteptbackstept2023 Posts: 919Member
    He will be sorely missed.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I still can't believe it. It was the first bit of news I saw on my FB feed, and it was like someone hit me in the chest. I never physically met Nate, but I considered him among my very best friends. We had similar interests, similar humor, we related to each other's problems, and we could vent to and confide in each other. I will miss him so very much. He was a truly gifted and talented artist, and a truly decent human being. I am honored that I was able to know him and call him my friend.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Aw hell no! :(
    That is seriously a huge bummer. I admit his direction of art never really caught my attention or interested, but his talent was obvious.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    It is always hard to hear of someone leaving us so young, and a fantastic talent to boot.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    I had only a few 'conversations' with Tovette. He seemed to be a good person and was a major presence here.

My sympathies go to his family. Saying goodbye can be so difficult...
  • FlakmonkeyFlakmonkey68 Posts: 97Member
    Sorry to hear. :C Rest in peace, Nate.
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    I just ran across this, wow. I am shocked, did he have a congenital condition or was it something that came on suddenly?
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    I don't have the details on that Knight- I'm not aware of any congenital issues, but that's not saying a great deal. From what I understand, he'd been complaining of discomfort and chest pains, went for a check-up, was referred to hospital and things escalated from there.

A timely reminder that you're never too young- if you feel like something is amiss, go get yourself checked out.
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    I just noticed this, ... and very sorry to hear this sad news ... :(

Unfortunately I didn't know Nate that well, and only knew him as a staff member here, but from what I've read about him from his friends, ... He was a great guy, and taken way before his time.

My condolences go out to his family and close friends, .. the pain of losing someone close to you, never leaves you, ... neither will those memories of the good times ...

Rest in Peace Nate, .....
  • Alec TrevelyanAlec Trevelyan171 Posts: 40Member
    Man, Nate and I used to play so much Gears of War co-op back in the day... played through at least all of the first two games, including to my recollection the entire campaign of II in one marathon session, or at least most of it. In addition to being a good artist, he was a good guy. Cheers to you, Nate, wherever you are.