Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DS.S. Anthem

rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
edited December 2022 in Work in Progress #1
I've mentioned before that I never ever do Star Trek ships.

Never.

Okay, almost never. This will be my second one.

It's named S.S. Anthem. It's Federation, but not Starfleet. She and her two sister ships: Canticle and Overture are proofs of concept for various drive, weapons and material technologies.

I've started and restarted this a few times last week. I think I know the direction I want to go with it. Although I've thought that before.
108908.jpg
Post edited by rojren on
Tagged:

• rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    The drive system for this ship is a four nacelle soliton wave drive. I need to make them less insect-like.

build0526x_thumb.jpg build0526x1_thumb.jpg build0526x3_thumb.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Interesting design, especially the nacelles and the way they tuck up underneath the saucer.
    Worked on the drive system and set the size at 9 decks.

build0527b1_thumb.jpg build0527b2_thumb.jpg build0527c_thumb.jpg
    Worked on the engineering section. Added airlocks, turbo-lift pass-throughs, a phaser bank, transporter emitter, core ejection port, thrusters, and life pods. Need to add a tractor beam emplacement, some markings, docking clamps, marker lights, and then work on the saucer.

build0530x_thumb.jpg build0530x1_thumb.jpg
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Is this a TNG era design?
    I randomly picked somewhere between five and fifteen years after the soliton wave test Enterprise D participated in.
    Tried some things, and then deleted them. Added some colors to make it very un-Starfleet.

The egg-shaped things at the ends of the phaser strips are kreiger-enhanced phaser cannon. The standard phaser array discharges into the converters for the cannon.

The hull material is Variable Opacity Tetraluminum. The idea is to create windows where needed, without having to poke a hole in the hull. I was thinking the hull material might also be used as a storage, on-demand wave-guides, and/or slow-processing media for the ships computer.

build0602x_thumb.jpg
    So, after I decided I didn't like how this was going, I did a re-think; and after changing things...

build0605x_thumb.jpg

...I've decided to rethink things again. Oh, well.

Have I mentioned that I find Federation designs difficult?
    Yeah, they can be difficult, especially if you want to do something that *looks* Federation but doesn't look like another ship.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Very different. I can see the designer of the Jellyfish behind this as well.
  • David LindsayDavid Lindsay1 Posts: 0Member
    I think where your going with this is very cool.

Federation designs can be hard to do because your trying to work within an existing design language but still trying to be orginal. Don't worry about it too much though, your doing great and is clearly a Federation ship while still being very orginal.
    I'm having a problem with AutoCAD. While it can make the saucer into an oval shape, it won't allow me to edit it after that. I may have to stick with a circular saucer.

I've played around with the nacelles. They're almost where I want them. Looks like I'm going in an Art Deco direction again. Anyway, I was thinking since this ship is meant to test a soliton warp drive, why not have a low-power soliton version of the RCS? That's what the oval cut-outs are.

build0609x_thumb.jpg
    Thanks for the encouragement.

I added bunches of stuff to the secondary hull, then started over twice - maybe three times. I'll probably do it again.

build0616x_thumb.jpg build0616x1_thumb.jpg
    Been there lots of times. ;)

It looks good. :)
    Redesigned the secondary hull.

Something with the file had gone wonky, so it was locking up and crashing a lot. I tried copying all the layers one at a time to a new drawing, and hoped the problem with the file got left behind. So far it hasn't crashed.

build0621x_thumb.jpg
    I like the new secondary hull. :)

I hate it when stuff like that happens with files. It can drive you mad trying to figure out what it is. Hopefully, rebuilding the file did the trick for you.
    Worked on the engineering hull. Added a shuttle bay, impulse engines, more soliton thrusters, soliton impulse engines, soliton navigational deflector (eh, why not?) and a few lights.

build0623x_thumb.jpg build0623x1_thumb.jpg
    That's looking really cool.
    Finished the engineering hull.

build0626x_thumb.jpg build0626x1_thumb.jpg build0626x2_thumb.jpg
    Worked on the saucer. Added the enhanced phaser array, impulse engines, docking ports, and other things.

build0701c_thumb.jpg build0701c1_thumb.jpg
    Looking good. :thumb:
    Added hanger/cargo decks, life boats, and stuff to the saucer.

build0703x_thumb.jpg build0703x1_thumb.jpg
    It looks good. Now it just needs some textures. :)
    I decided I didn't like the ship's markings ... I guess it's called a pennant. The original one a was just a bunch of shapes stuck together. This one symbolizes a soliton and has a star from the seal of The United Federation of Planets.

newlogo_thumb.jpg
  • MikkiKashiwagiMikkiKashiwagi355 StuttgartPosts: 125Member
    Very interesting design.. Is this a private civilian highspeed yacht..?? ..I like this work ..yabaiii..!!
    Wow. How did you find this old thing? (Thanks, by the way.)

To your question... It's a testbed for new technologies (specifically the Soliton drive) built by cooperating organizations like The Daystrom Institute and funded by the Federation.
    Starship