Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Millennium Falcon

• ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    [Irishman] wrote: »
    Thanks so much. :) You got great results from it.

you are welcome! :)

I have finished the engine deck

mf_esb_107.jpg

here are some orthos

mf_esb_108.jpg

mf_esb_109.jpg

mf_esb_110.jpg

mf_esb_111.jpg

mf_esb_112.jpg

I hope you like it ... more soon :)
    110566.jpg110567.jpg110568.jpg110569.jpg110570.jpg110571.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Dude, that's fantastic. You always do amazing work, but this may be the best you've ever done, or at least the best you've ever posted here. :thumb:
    Dude, that's fantastic. You always do amazing work, but this may be the best you've ever done, or at least the best you've ever posted here. :thumb:

thank you! :)
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Amazing work. It looks perfect.
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Looking fantastic Chris, tell me, the hull plating damage/blast marks are you sculpting that in ZBrush/3DCoat
    Looking fantastic Chris, tell me, the hull plating damage/blast marks are you sculpting that in ZBrush/3DCoat

nope ... did this in C4D :)

its quite easy:

holes.jpg

made some holes and then inner extrude and push them down ... thats all :) ... oh after that I put it into a subdivision object and wighted the edges to get hard edges.

Hope I was able to help

Chris
    110592.jpg
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Top notch work so far ... Well done Chris ! :thumb:

Jas
    ChrisGFX wrote: »

nope ... did this in C4D :)

its quite easy:

holes.jpg

made some holes and then inner extrude and push them down ... thats all :) ... oh after that I put it into a subdivision object and wighted the edges to get hard edges.

Hope I was able to help

Chris

Thanks for that Chris, i use LightWave and its certainly possible to do these holes with subpatch but the score/blast scars and such i was thinking of using ZBrush for them. Maybe i will tinker in LW some more and see if i can come up with the look.
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Top notch work so far ... Well done Chris ! :thumb:

Jas

thank you, means a lot for me
    Thanks for that Chris, i use LightWave and its certainly possible to do these holes with subpatch but the score/blast scars and such i was thinking of using ZBrush for them. Maybe i will tinker in LW some more and see if i can come up with the look.

I never used zBrush because I don't have it.

I think you can do the holes with normal maps or displacement maps too but I'm not sure because I never tried it.

Quixel can do the scratches job in a normal map but holes ... can't say ...

I'm sure you can do the holes in the mesh with LW too ... its all the same in every modeler :)
    Yes agreed Chris, i was looking at SP/Quixel as well for this as i have both. Also for some of the bends, bumps and scrapes along the sides of the main hull plating.

I'm really going to wait and see what the final poly count is after i have the interiors for Cockpit, Gun Ports, Access Ramp, Rear Cargo Lift and such. I'm also looking to find any reliable references to the mini shuttle on the port side tube opposite to the loading ramp.
    Yes agreed Chris, i was looking at SP/Quixel as well for this as i have both. Also for some of the bends, bumps and scrapes along the sides of the main hull plating.

I'm really going to wait and see what the final poly count is after i have the interiors for Cockpit, Gun Ports, Access Ramp, Rear Cargo Lift and such. I'm also looking to find any reliable references to the mini shuttle on the port side tube opposite to the loading ramp.

I have Quixel for texturing ... never used it yet so it'll be fun learning it by texturing the Falcon.

The polycount so far here is at 2.5 Mio. - I think there will be about 3.5 Mio at the end.

here is a 'lil update - upper side is done so far and now started to complete the bottom.

mf_esb_115.jpg

mf_esb_116.jpg

mf_esb_117.jpg

hope you like it ... more soon :)
    110606.jpg110607.jpg110608.jpg
    Looks great and for 3.5 Mil at final that's very reasonable for the detail you are putting into it.

Im really looking forward to seeing your Quixel work on her, ive used but not for anything of this size yet. Looks like you will have a few UV maps for this then. Anyway your workflow for that will be very interesting indeed for me and i suspect many others.
    The top side looks perfect. :thumb:
  • BoogerMcBoogerMc176 Posts: 243Member
    This looks beautiful. I used to have some pictures of the original filming model, the nearly 7' one, but lost them somewhere along the way. I have seen it with my own eyes as I attended the traveling museum tour several years ago. Between the Falcon and the Star Destroyer they had on display, my mind was truly blown. To see them is a thing of wonder. I must say this is extremely close to the real thing, great work.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome. Truly phenomenal work.

:thumb:
    thank you all for your comments! :)

here is an update:

mf_esb_119.jpg

110661.jpg
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Great, as always!
    Indeed, great stuff. :)
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Very nice!
    She looks a beaut Chris and the attention to detail is inspiring and at the same time daunting.
    thank you all for your nice comments :)

here is an update ... more details added to the bottom.

mf_esb_120.jpg

mf_esb_121.jpg

mf_esb_122.jpg

I hope you like it ... more soon :)
    110678.jpg110679.jpg110680.jpg
    Still looking great Chris, attention to detail is amazing. Ive actually been looking at the differences between the ESB and the TFA and apart from the obvious dish there are actually many subtle differences as well. Loads more pipes on the side greebles and loads of other little tweaks and enhancements.

I suppose one day we will have allot more refs for the TFA MF.
    Still looking great Chris, attention to detail is amazing. Ive actually been looking at the differences between the ESB and the TFA and apart from the obvious dish there are actually many subtle differences as well. Loads more pipes on the side greebles and loads of other little tweaks and enhancements.

I suppose one day we will have allot more refs for the TFA MF.

The TFA Falcon is based on the 5foot model so its different to the ESB 32" model. They added some more pipes and some other details to it so the TFA looks a bit different to the ANH / ESB 5footer.

Yes I hope ILM will give us more images of the Falcon maybe some nice orthos :)

here is a bit progress. I have added some more details on the bottom.

mf_esb_126.jpg

mf_esb_127.jpg

hope you like it ... more soon

Chris
    110706.jpg110707.jpg
    Fantastic job on the details, as usual. :)
    Fantastic job on the details, as usual. :)

thank you!

Here is some more progress. I'm done with the landing gear boxes and with the rear bottom details too.

mf_esb_128.jpg

mf_esb_129.jpg

I hope you like it ... more soon .... :)
    110716.jpg110717.jpg
    Looks great Chris. Love the details all.
    Great stuff. :)
    thank you all for your comments

here is a larger update. 99.9% of modeling is done now. Some details are missing here and there I will put them in the next days.

mf_esb_138.jpg

mf_esb_139.jpg

mf_esb_140.jpg

mf_esb_141.jpg

mf_esb_142.jpg

mf_esb_143.jpg

mf_esb_144.jpg

mf_esb_145.jpg

mf_esb_146.jpg

mf_esb_147.jpg

only 10 files per post are allowed so here is image 11 :)

http://www.the-millennium-falcon.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/mf_esb_148.jpg

110761.jpg110762.jpg110763.jpg110764.jpg110765.jpg110766.jpg110767.jpg110768.jpg110769.jpg110770.jpg
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Great job !
    S.
    Outstanding work, it looks superb. :thumb: