Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dscifieric's Blender USS Enterprise

scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
edited February 2018 in Work in Progress #1
Hello everyone!

It's been quite a while since I posted something here. I've rebuilt my USS Enterprise in Blender. I need to work on learning how to animate particles, build a shuttlebay, a shuttle craft, a Doomsday Machine, and a Constellation, but this is a start.

I've attached a shot from behind. This type of shot was used fairly frequently in episodes such as By Any Other Name, The Immunity Syndrome, The Lights of Zetar and others.

newlightszetar07sm.png

Here are some angles from around the ship to show how it all works together. Click for larger versions.

This one was actually done as a kind of tip of the hat to Madkoifish. He has a knack for showing these fantastically dramatic angles. I cannot reproduce that, but I can give

it a shot as a salute!

dramaticanglesm.png

A front on shot. Note that all the warp engine lights are on at once. I know that this never happened (or at least rarely or I never saw it) and when I set them up for

animation, it should hopefully look a little more like the original.

frontsm.png

A similar shot to the approach to K7 space station, only without the station. This is to show the inner sections of the warp engines, the impulse engine, and the bridge.

k7blacksm.png

Here's the whole ship from below and off to the side.

famousangleblacksm.png
111473.jpg
Post edited by scifieric on
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    This stuff is frickin' amazing! Wonderful work and a beautiful specimen of the Enterprise.
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Thank you my friend!
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Looks awesome!

I really like the angle of that front view!

-Ricky
    scifieric
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Amazing! Almost looks like a real physical model. :)
    scifieric
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Looks awesome!

I really like the angle of that front view!

-Ricky
    Thank you Ricky!
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Amazing! Almost looks like a real physical model. :)
    Thank you Chris2005! That's what I was going for. I want to use this model to go back to my The Doomsday Machine project.
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    Thank you Chris2005! That's what I was going for. I want to use this model to go back to my The Doomsday Machine project.

Nice. I actually was planning on visiting that same episode after I get done with my TMP project. lol

I can't wait to see what you turn out. :)
    scifieric
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I love it. Looks perfect.
    scifieric
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Nice. I actually was planning on visiting that same episode after I get done with my TMP project. lol

I can't wait to see what you turn out. :)
    Same here. I love seeing what other people do.
    Vortex5972 wrote: »
    Thank you! That's very kind of you to say!
    Thank you! What a wonderfully kind thing to say. My work has been described as many things over time, but never perfect! Thank you Vortex!
    Made a new deflector dish from a small section of a huge sphere. This is closer to what I wanted. Click for a larger image.

frontnewdish01sm.png

Also changed the material for the engineering rear dome and made the internal light smaller to look a little more like the original. Click for a larger version.

Sooner or later I'll have to address the landing lights.

rearnewengineeringdome01sm.png

Here's a couple of closeup shots. No larger picture associated.

newdish2015sm.png

newengineeringdometrim.png
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, loving the subtle weathering you have applied to the hull.
    scifieric
    Thank you TALON_UK! I want my model to look as close to the original that I remember from my childhood as I can get.
    Thank you! What a wonderfully kind thing to say. My work has been described as many things over time, but never perfect! Thank you Vortex!

You're welcome. Liking the updates. :thumb:
    Thank you again Vortex5972!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Eric, I recall watching an edit of 'The Doomsday Machine' with all the effects redone in CGI. I could've sworn your enterprise was in it.
    Thank you homerpalooza67!

I did some effects for The Doomsday Machine with an earlier version of my Enterprise a few years ago. I'm trying to learn how to create the star effects in Blender now. I'd like to redo my effects and finish that episode in HD!
    You did a great job, one of the first TOS episodes I watched (in full).
    You did a great job, one of the first TOS episodes I watched (in full).
    I appreciate the compliment! That's one of my favorite episodes.
    My favorite is Trouble With Tribbles. Not a whole lot of CG to "fix" but i'd love to see "wires" added and rough comps on the enterprise and K9.
    Also one of the best snark-jobs on TV. Kirk is such an a**hole but you love every minute of it! :)
    LOL! I enjoyed the backstage stories about the tribbles and David Gerrold's writing of the episode, along with his apology to HeinLein for unintentionally ripping off the novel The Rolling Stones.
    I know that I often talk about The Doomsday Machine, but one of the shots that I tend to emulate from the original Star Trek series as a test is the opening shot from The Immunity Syndrome.

flashAndSpin07framesm.png

Click the thumbnail to be taken to YouTube. If not, here is the link: https://youtu.be/Jh5a-X0FN_o

Everything made in Blender 3D including the particle system I made for the star background. The entire effects shot was composited in Blender as well, but I put the sequence together with the clip from the episode using Corel Video Studio 6.
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    10,000 times better than TOS-R.
    uniderth wrote: »
    10,000 times better than TOS-R.
    You have no idea how happy that sentence makes me feel! Thank you uniderth!
    Looks really good. Rather like the studio model might have done had they got decent enough cameras at the time.
    LOL! I enjoyed the backstage stories about the tribbles and David Gerrold's writing of the episode, along with his apology to HeinLein for unintentionally ripping off the novel The Rolling Stones.
    Those were the days, eh? Now even an unintentional mistake like that can lead to lawsuits :p
    I know that I often talk about The Doomsday Machine, but one of the shots that I tend to emulate from the original Star Trek series as a test is the opening shot from The Immunity Syndrome.

flashAndSpin07framesm.png

Click the thumbnail to be taken to YouTube. If not, here is the link: https://youtu.be/Jh5a-X0FN_o

Everything made in Blender 3D including the particle system I made for the star background. The entire effects shot was composited in Blender as well, but I put the sequence together with the clip from the episode using Corel Video Studio 6.

I can't see youtube at work, would you mind posting a couple hi-res screenshots? I"ll look at the whole clip when im home.
    Looks really good. Rather like the studio model might have done had they got decent enough cameras at the time.
    That's very kind of you Vortex5972! Thank you! (Makes me feel good!)
    Those were the days, eh? Now even an unintentional mistake like that can lead to lawsuits :p

I can't see youtube at work, would you mind posting a couple hi-res screenshots? I"ll look at the whole clip when im home.
    Yep. I'm actually pretty surprised that nothing came out of that. I guess it all depends upon intent and the humor of the person "offended". James Cameron had to append an acknowledgement to Harlan Ellison at the end of The Terminator for something similar!

I only saw this after I got home. This test was at about DVD resolution, so I'll post a couple of those for now.
    108953.png108954.png108955.png
    And for fun, here's a shot to simulate the "blue spill" from blue screens of the day. That, and the occasional color gel over the lights.
    108956.jpg
    fantastic!
    scifieric
    fantastic!
    Thank You homerpalooza67!
    Just watched the video. Muchas Awesomeness!
    scifieric