Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

New Star Wars

• TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Check out this supercut of all the trailers combined, looks great, nice job on the cut too.

:thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    It sounds like the "Episodes" will stick to the Skywalker story, which is what Lucas has always said the movies are about, and Anthology will focus on other characters.
    http://www.casesam.co.uk
    http://www.ourcase.co.uk
    Latest trailers for Star Wars: Battlefront for you to peruse at your leisure. One teasing the Battle of Jakku map, and the other a longer release trailer featuring all the new heroes recently announced and the larger battle modes on all the maps.

Enjoy

Here are the links to a new set of character posters released last night. Striking warts freckles and all close ups of the key characters.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-posters-revealed

FinnTFA.jpg

12107613_1711566382395512_169052062_n.jpg

CS-5pr2VEAAym21.jpg:large

HanSoloTFA-702x1024.jpg

KyloRenTFA.jpg

Enjoy.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Naw, if they had any warts or anything else nasty, they'd have been edited out. ;)
    TALON_UK wrote: »
    Latest trailers for Star Wars: Battlefront for you to peruse at your leisure. One teasing the Battle of Jakku map, and the other a longer release trailer featuring all the new heroes recently announced and the larger battle modes on all the maps.

I just pre-ordered the PS4 bundle with the sweet Vader skin, cool controller, this game and four other Star Wars games. It will be here the day it releases. That's great, because I have the following two days off. :devil:
    Heheheh, nice. I've got the game pre-ordered for PC. Hoping for more gameplay depth then we got with the Beta in the other game modes yet to be released, but hell it is going to be mega either way. I already have withdrawal symptoms from playing the Beta despite the flaws.
    I can't play anything that new or with that high detail graphics until I upgrade my graphics card. Besides, I figure it's EA, so it's likely to be Windows only, possibly Windows and Mac. Either way, no Linux. :( So, I went with the PS4. Besides, I want Arkham Knight and the PC version sucks it hard, from what I've read on Steam. (the bugs have bugs) And, there are some other games I want to get. Besides, that bundle is just too much for a Star Wars fan to resist. Vader on the system, great games like Super Star Wars in the bundle. :D Plus, the version of Battlefront it comes with is the deluxe edition. I definitely want to buy that before it releases, as I figure the price will go up.
    Check out this update on SW: Battlefront.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/planets

It looks like they're really going to town on the different modes available at each location to maximise the use of each planet and make sure you don't feel shortchanged by the relatively small number of worlds you get to explore in the game. These interactive videos for each world do a good job of highlighting this, and lets you explore them in some detail. Endor in particular looks ridiculously lush, and a Speederbike Chase Mode? I'm sold.

:lol:
    PC version of SW: Battlefront pre-ordered and pre-downloaded and ready for the off.

As for footage and promos for the movie, they keep coming thick and fast, here is an extended 60 second TV spot, a lot of what we've seen before but a few more new shots in there including a nice shot of what we assume is Finn's TIE Fighter escaping the Star Destroyer bay, gives you a nice look at the new bay design with TIE Fighters stacked in a sloping slots on the triangular walls of the hangar bay, a design hinted at in the Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer playset, but given more context here. The hangar opening into space also continues the triangular wall motif in the magnetic field array outlining the opening. A nice advancement of the classic Imperial hangar design. There's also a cool little shot where the TIE breaks free of a tether which appears to either be part of the docking moorings, or perhaps the hangar personnel's attempt to prevent the TIE escaping with a grapple of some sort?

You also get further shots of the TIE Assault on Rey and Finn on Jakku that shows even if Stormtroopers don't seem to be able to shoot straight that those TIE pilots came damned close to ending their adventure right there and then. You also see Han hand Rey the blaster that you see her use in other clips, a Rebel, sorry, Resistance command meeting around a holographic display table that brings back old memories with a touch of Mon Calamari, Han and Chewie in combat, and interestingly Finn brandishing his lightsaber vs a Stormtrooper packing what looks like a force staff similar to that used by General Grevious's bodyguard droids in the prequels. Like I said interesting, but enough already, let's just see the movie now.

And also an additional updated super duper cut of all the new trailer footage combined with what we have had before....

And finally if you want even more new footage check out Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD this week, they have a little exclusive behind the scenes featurette on set prior to the episode with the presenter in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon with Chewie, in a corridor set with another alien set in what looks like Maz Kanata's castle, plus lots more on set and new footage including the Falcon jumping out of hyperspace over what looks like Maz Kanata's world, Finn at the controls of the Falcon's quad laser cannons (Awesome) and much more. Is obviously quite likely Disney will be milking Star Wars all it can for exclusives all the way in, so check out their channels for potentially more cool footage, not long now.

[EDIT:] Ahh, have found this promo for the Disney featurette, has a different presenter but pretty much has the same thing going on, the full featurette is longer, but this features some of the new clips you'll see.
    Yeah, enough with the friggin' teasers, make it show! (see what I did there? :devil:) Though, unless you already have tickets, you're not seeing it until next year, as they're sold out for the first couple weeks or so, at least they are in the US.

Tuesday. My Battlefront special edition PS4 arrives on Tuesday. (damn, I feel like I'm in a badly written Star Trek film) Of course, I'll be at work when it arrives, but I have Wednesday and Thursday off. :D
    Oh yeah, that's right, you guys get SW: Battlefront a few days before us don't ya? We don't get it until the 19th. Still, we get SW: The Force Awakens before y'all so it all balances out.

:D
    Yep, got my PS4 yesterday. I was at work, but it was waiting for me when I got home. It's super slick with the Vader artwork imprinted on it and the custom controller. Plus, I love that it came with five games, a great start for my PS4 collection. Plus, they're all Star Wars, so there's no way that could be bad. :D

Battlefront is pretty slick, though I don't have a Playstation Plus account, (yet) so I've been playing offline. Still, it's got some fun offline modes. Survival mode is my current favorite, where you play single or co-op as a Rebel trapped on a planet and go up against waves of Imps. Though, the regular battles and Hero battles against AI bots are also fun. I was having a lot of fun earlier playing as Boba Fett and then Han Solo on Hero battles. And, of course, the graphics are freaking amazing. Piloting vehicles are fun too, but they're not available in those modes. I'm looking forward to mulitplayer so that I can pilot a TIE Fighter. You can pilot an X-Wing, Snowspeeder, AT-ST and Speeder Bike in training missions offline. So, all in all, it's a good game. I look forward to getting the Jakku DLC next month and checking out what else EA has in store for the game.

Though, I'm equally pleased that the bundle also came with Super Star Wars, Star Wars: Racer Revenge, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter. All good games, though Super Star Wars and Jedi Starfighter are my favorites of the four.

So, it's a great bundle. I'm glad I bought it and also that I paid extra $$ for that guaranteed November 17th delivery from Amazon.
    Spent a few hours with this last night and it didn't get old, and have still not explored all the game modes. Still missing a trick with depth of gameplay and teamwork, but from a purely visceral experience this game really nails it with the sound design and sumptuous visuals. You do feel like you're running and gunning in the Star Wars universe so authentic does everything look and sound.

My previous gripes (gleaned from prior to release information and from experience with the Beta) with the game still hold true unfortunately, that being the lack of teamwork orientated gameplay (missing a trick by not having multi-manned vehicles if you ask me) and lore accuracy in certain sequences (TIEs and X-Wings over The Battle of Hoth are never going to sit well with me), and even after heavy tweaking of the controls for the starfighters they still don't feel right, haven't used them in multiplayer yet, but have been giving them a go on the singleplayer missions just to see if I can get better with them with practice, but there is just some odd stuff going on like the flight dynamics just feel too restrictive, you should be able to roll and execute stomach churning manoeuvres, but this doesn't seem possible unless you use the preset evasive manoeuvre keys. Damned dumbing down for console bollocks.

However the vast number of different game modes has kept things fresh, and the weapons and perks, cards etc do allow you quite a bit of customisation for your character once you rank up and get access to a few more toys, and cinematic jaw dropping moments occur every other second so it is definitely a cracking and essential SW gaming experience. They even have a Tatooine map called Jundland Wastes with a Sandcrawler (First Strike has an almost identical map, right down to the name) as the centerpiece of the map, made me feel right at home.

;)

And just try to come away from a round of Speederbike Chase without a huge grin on your face.

Right back to it, not at work today, but have marking to do, still time for a few cheeky rounds though. Be rude not to wouldn't it?

:D
    I did the speeder bike chase for three seconds. It didn't end well. ;) Likewise, doing the Hoth snowspeeder one, I keep crashing into the AT-STs.

Nitpicky things like the fighters over Hoth don't bother me. However, it still bugged me playing the Hoth hero battle with Han and him running around in his usual outfit instead of cold weather gear. Would it have killed them to give him his big coat from Empire? But, it is what it is. I still enjoyed killing Stormtroooers as Han, cold weather gear or not. Though, I hate it that the Hero battles aren't first person. I prefer to play first person instead of third person. But, I digress.
    Well, I got hooked up with PS+. They offered a 14 day free trial, which suits me fine. I get paid again in 14 days, so I'll pay for a sub then. I played a little Battlefront online. Lots of fun, until the EA server decided to crap out on me during the fighter match I was doing. My A-Wing wouldn't turn or anything, which was my first clue something was wrong. Then it kicked me and told me it failed to connect to the server. I know it's not an issue on my end because my internet is working fine. Oh well, that's how these games are. Prior to that, I did some multiplayer ground combat. Though, I left that after a while because this one neckbeard was ruining the fun by having the most kills every time. And, I wasn't on his team, so I wasn't winning. People like that just take all of the fun out of these games, in my opinion. But, I'm still enjoying the game. I played survival mode on Tatooine earlier. I didn't die until Wave 13, (normal difficulty) which I don't think is bad since there are 4 AT-STs in that one and you fight them on foot with hand weapons.

Though, I'm not sure if I can ever live down the stigma of being killed by a person who calls himself Sir_Smurfy in multiplayer. :p
    Heh, I was getting pwned the other day by someone calling himself Epic Pakistani in Fighter Squadron mode.

What I have found on playing further is that though I prefer 1st person for that more immediate and immersive gaming experience, that in vehicles the 3rd person view seems to make the controls respond a lot more intuitively. I know that in general your play will improve from having a better field of vision etc, but in starfighters in particular the controls seemed to respond and handle a lot more how you'd expect when viewed from the 3rd perspective. So if you're still having trouble in them you should give that a try, it improved my game no end in the singleplayer/co-op training mode for starfighters, and in multiplayer too. Annoys me though that it doesn't work equally good in both perspectives, as I like the feel of being right there in cockpit. With the Speederbikes I still go 1st person as I don't really feel a control handling issue when using that vehicle.

Have you tried the Sullust Survival mode map? Now that was intense. Might be just that there were less waves in the Beta version on Tatooine or something (haven't played the full release Survival version of that map yet), but that felt seriously hardcore. One thing I had respect for was the way they had balanced the Turbolaser against Starfighters in a surprisingly lore accurate way. In that they were not ideal, they have a relatively slow rate of fire which doesn't make them the best thing for taking down starfighters (they're meant to be designed to be anti-cap ship or heavier slower smaller ships such as transports, shuttles etc), so they made it really hard to hit a fighter with them, but it paid off in dividends if you did manage to land a shot, similar to the satisfaction of taking down a chopper or other aircraft with a MBT's main gun in a Battlefield game, only here it took I think two or three shots to take the fighter down. Nicely done.

Okay this was funny to watch, and it is like y'know for "Charity" mate.

I do third person in the vehicles. I only like first person for ground combat. I did try the snowspeeder in first person to see if it was any better. Nope, still crashed into an AT-ST. :shiner:

No, I haven't done Survival on Sollust. Just on Tatooine and Hoth, though I didn't finish the Hoth one. I will try Sollust one of these days. Since I signed up for Playstation Plus, I've only played multiplayer. I was all happy the last couple multiplayer games I played (playing "Blast") where I got 7 and 6 kills. Though, there are people who have 18, 20 kills in one match. I was happy with my little amounts. :lol: Of course, some of those people probably also have no lives and have been playing pretty much nonstop since release. I have a job, so I can't do that. Besides, I think the game would get old if I played it that long. Aside form multiplayer, it doesn't have much going for it other than beautiful graphics. Sure, some of the single player game modes are fun, but the game is mostly just multiplayer battles. There's no singleplayer campaign, something that has been complained about by many reviewers. Though, I knew going in that it was mostly going to be mutliplayer. I just wish you could use all of the multiplayer maps in singleplayer. There are only four singleplayer ground maps, there are more for multiplayer.

Yeah, that video with Harrison Ford is cool. "What do you mean old characters?" :lol:
    Anyone coming round my neck of the woods for a swift half of blue milk?

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2015/11/star-wars-themed-bar-opens-in-manchester/

Here's the link for this Manchester based Star Wars convention, Force only knows how this one slipped by me until now.

http://www.fortheloveoftheforce.com/

:cool:
    Looks like Empire Magazine are knocking it out the park again with another cool multi-cover issue.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-exclusive-star-wars-force-awakens-covers-revealed/

Oh, and there have been interesting articles going about this weekend speculating what the lack of Luke footage in any of the new Star Wars trailers might mean, and how a recent interview with Mark Hamill had him reveal that he was custodian of a secret regarding TFA of "No Luke, I am your Father." level proportions, but he's keeping tight lipped about it. There is even a clause in his contract which states if the secret is revealed early due to him he looses a shedload of money, so they're paying him extra to keep schtum about it. Still, he managed to sit on that TESB secret for over a year before that movie came out, so I'm sure this secret is in good hands.

• psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    Like I called Ellen being the fifth Cylon, I'm calling it that Kylo Len is Luke's son--based on the whole Into Darkness was The Wrath of Khan thing, and if J. J. Abrams is going to go repeat again....

(Though Adam Driver looks more like the offspring of Solo, it could be those Padme genes kicking it.)
    He could be Han and Leia's kid, assuming they're still together in the new time line. (since the books are no longer "canon") Though, with the way Return of the Jedi ended, I think even casual fans would pitch a fit if they aren't. Having him be their kid would still make him Luke's nephew and part of the Skywalker clan, which is what all of the previous movies center on. I'm thinking maybe Luke was training him and he fell to the Dark Side. Just a guess.

I just hope this movie isn't going to be another mindless action and special effects flick, like JJ's two Star Trek movies were, especially the second one. We already have too many of those out there right now.
    You're thinking reasonably, not like a script writer. Strip away logic and follow this mantra: it doesn't have to make sense, it only needs to dazzle the eye.

"If Han and Leia have a son...way too obvious, people would see that coming. But if Luke and Leia had a...oh, wait--AWKWARD, haha. But if Luke had a son, like Shimi (or whoever) had a son because: midiclorians or something, then POOSH! Mind. Blown."
    Allegedly, the midiclorians won't be mentioned this time. Though, of course, anything is possible. :rolleyes: And, don't get me started on Anakin and the whole "conceived by the midiclorians" thing. That was so freaking stupid. Star Wars needs to go back to the fantasy it was in the original trilogy and stop trying to give things like The Force scientific explanations.

Back to Star Wars: Battlefront briefly. Since I preordered, I got access to Jakku a week early. Of course, I forgot about this because, even though I wasn't working on Wednesday and Thursday, I was doing other things, like playing Dishonored. Anyway, I finally remembered to download the DLC yesterday morning. So far, so disappointing. No singleplayer maps for Jakku and I couldn't get a game going on Jakku in multiplayer. It wouldn't fill up and then I had to go to work. I'm hoping, once it gets more widely released, it will be easier to get a game going. Though, that's of course dependent on people actually buying the DLC or a season pass.
    The Jakku DLC is free once it gets released to general public in a few days. I was okay, have been playing it since the early pre-order release, but you're better off going with the new Turning Point game mode, that is what most people are playing, that and Walker Assault and Supremacy, basically the big map matches. There is a smaller map for the smaller modes, but like you had trouble finding servers with players on in general, I found it difficult to get matches going for the smaller game modes, though with patience did manage to get a few rounds in on the smaller map modes on Jakku.
    Oh, I didn't realize it was going to be free. I thought it was a perk of the deluxe edition of the game. Oh well, whatever. I'm not really sure what kind of game I was trying to play, I just know it said "Battle of Jakku" on the title. I was just trying to play a quick game there before going to work, but it didn't work out. I'll probably just wait to try again until Tuesday for two reasons. Firstly, I'm not working on Tuesday. Secondly, the DLC will be out for wide release, so the games shouldn't have as much trouble filling up.

I guess, once it's out on wide release, some of the other game modes (like Blast) should technically start cycling Jakku maps into the mix. I mean, there's no good reason for anyone to not have the DLC if it's free.
    And, don't get me started on Anakin and the whole "conceived by the midiclorians" thing. That was so freaking stupid.

You make my point. I think it will be a good movie, maybe what casual fans expect--I know die hard fans are livid over the expulsion of the EU--but I'm prepared to be disappointed as I was with ST: Into Darkness.
    I'm prepared to be that disappointed as well. Though, I'm also hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I never know what to expect from JJ Abrams. Hopefully, at least, less friggin' lens flares.
    I guess the good news is Harrison Ford is more excited about it than he was for Empire or Jedi.
    I'm actually feeling pretty positive about the whole thing, yeah, I know we had the same optimism going into TPM, but hopefully lessons have been learned from the mistakes of the past. Besides everyone knows JJ's Star Trek was just a showreel for the "Star" gig he really wanted.

;)