Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

STAR TREK SHIP ARTIST REQUIRED

SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
edited January 2015 in Looking for... #1
Hi all, i am seeking an artist who would consider creating my starship idea and bring it to lofe. I would be looking to pay approx $100 for a detailed computer image of my ship, top view, side front and back. Please inbox be if interested. many thanks
Post edited by SATR on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    For a detailed one $100 is a bit too low, now for medium poly ship(exterior only) where the artist can reuse components from other ships he's modelled before $100 could be enough but not for high poly, perfect detail models. Also you mention "top view, side front and back" in a 3d model you don't have to worry about that sort of stuff, the artist can send you the finished 3d model which will open in your 3d software and you can then render it yourslef from anya and every angle of your choice.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I'd say it depends on the complexity of the model. Something simple like TOS era ships are a lot easier than TNG-VOY era. Also, since you're asking for orthographic views, SATR, are you looking for 2D or 3D?
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    hi - i dont want a 3d model, as i dont have any software packages
    only seeking 2d art
  • jeffabbyjeffabby171 Posts: 32Member
    if your wanting mattes or plates for compositing I can do that let me know what you want .
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    SATR wrote: »
    hi - i dont want a 3d model, as i dont have any software packages
    You might wish to download blender, it's a free 3d modelling, animation and rendering package. That way you can make your own renders once you have a 3d model, and you could edit details as well.
    what is a mattes or a plate?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It's an image you put in the background behind your rendered asset. IE: a nice nebula, or a planet or something.
    Oh ok.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    I for one would love to know *why* you need an artist Mr Baylis, since all you do is steal my artwork, crop it off and throw it on your Facebook page anyhow seems like you found an endless parade of freebies....

I am asking you publicly in front of a lot of friends of mine now.. Remove all of my artwork from your Facebook page, you can't ignore me here, I know most of the mods and admins. You can't hide here, as we all know who you are now, your requests give you away, you can't play dumb here.... it just won't work.. My Cylon Raider is on your page, the NX Refit is on your page WITHOUT PERMISSION... You have insulted my children, you have called me a stupid hyped up cow, well let's see how you repond in a public forum where you can't just block everyone and hide.. You are also stealing Jay Seals (Nightshadow) work now as well...

I'm sick of this and now it's personal.. Sorry Nano, this thief needs to be called out..

Photographic evidence of said.. :

(the cardassian ship was not posted publicly either, he has a friend working with him in a closed group to give him some of our renders..)

He's also really proud of his theft as evidenced by the following from 7 minutes ago:
    107723.jpg107724.png107725.png