Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

In need of 3D robot for sci-fi short

IndyJones1023IndyJones10230 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2016 in Looking for... #1
Hi all! I haven't been on this forum in years. I had to really reach back to remember my password. As such, I'm really out of touch with the 3D world. I used to use Lightwave, but my only 3D app now is Element inside of After Effects.

Anyway, I have been making short films for a few years and had several play in dozens of fests across the country (and even in Jamaica!). My last one was mainly a comedy, but it played in a few sci-fi festivals and even won some awards.

I guess that's my intro and way of saying I'm legit and not just some kid making iMovie films in his backyard.

For my latest short film I am in need of a short (20 seconds or so) scene of a menacing robot walking down a hallway. This is a serious hard sci-fi film. Not a comedy this time. Since it'll play on the festival circuit, all I can offer is an IMDB credit.

I have tried downloading some free models and fiddled with them in Cinema 4D and Element to no avail. If you're interested, it would be great to feed you the footage we shoot this Saturday to integrate a robot into it, or to work with you to create some poses that I can tween in Element. This can be any free 3D robot, or I can buy one on TurboSquid and send it to you.

Thanks in advance if you're interested!

TL Westgate
Creative Inlet Films
Post edited by IndyJones1023 on

• TheGreatRajaTheGreatRaja171 Posts: 0Member
    Seriously???
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Seriously???

Well said.

Obviously, you realized this was no small feat when you tried doing it yourself. It's a lot to ask of somebody for free.
  • CoolhandCoolhand286 Mountain LairPosts: 1,295Member
    Well said.

Obviously, you realized this was no small feat when you tried doing it yourself. It's a lot to ask of somebody for free.

Yet he's apparently willing to pay for a turbosquid model... I don't get it, I think we need a rule about commercial ventures and begging for models.:lol:

To the OP: How can you describe yourself as legit, while also asking people to work for you for free?
  • IndyJones1023IndyJones10230 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, all! Popping back in here. Instead of a 3D robot I went with armored actors. The film played in 52 fests around the world and won several awards.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Post a link so we can see the finished film.