Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalFine Molds Snowspeeder 1/48 Build

PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
edited August 2014 in Work in Progress #1
So I just started on this model last night, but I've pretty much got all the panels painted in the cockpit. Maybe a touch up here or there, but it's pretty much there.

BGdDSEA.jpg
106491.jpg
Post edited by PixelMagic on
Tagged:

• PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Got a lot of little things done tonight, but the main thing was I got the major strokes done on the pilots. I will go back for touch up painting and painting smaller details.

GIceilL.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Great job you're doing there PM. Takes a keen eye and steady hand to paint details that small and clean.
    Got alot of the main snowspeeder assembly done and primed, and the pilots are painted. Will need to do a bit of touch up on the pilots, but that is tomorrow's task.

Ull7bg4.jpg
    lJ8ybSm.jpg
    ZKM2lmZ.jpg
    Used the salt technique to get the paint chipping on the orange stripe on the front of the speeder. Also put the white panels in.

uA4sX2t.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Hm, I thought I had commented on this thread at one point. Maybe the forum "ate" it. (it wouldn't be the first time)

You're doing some really great work here, as usual. I'm loving the paint work so far.
    You're doing some really great work here, as usual. I'm loving the paint work so far.

Thanks. It's really clean right now, but later this week I'll be dirtying her up with some grime :). I'm going to try to avoid the oft heavy handed and overdone weathering I see on some models.
    Maybe they're going for the "after" look from when Luke was shot down. :lol:
    Maybe they're going for the "after" look from when Luke was shot down. :lol:

I could let my fat cat step on it. :)
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Nice job, loving the paint work so far.

:thumb:
    Main colors are now laid down. Time to dirty it up.

MQuUrAq.jpg
    That looks awesome. :)
    First layer of discoloration weathering on. I kept it subtle because it's so easy to overdo. I'd rather build up layers than add too much.

0LlZARY.jpg
    Subtle is good. That looks great.
    Top side weathering pretty much done. This is my first time to ever weather a Star Wars vehicle, so it was quite a learning experience. It came out well I think.

pVbRu1p.jpg
    WxTCSV4.jpg
    It came out really well, I think. In fact, I think it looks great. :thumb:
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, that's a nice looking job, well done.

:thumb:
    Ok, the top side is done. I still need to weather the bottom, but other than that , adding the air breaks and harpoon gun, it's done. Once it's fully 100% finished, I'll take some proper beauty shots with nice photography and lighting.

WrgUwZz.jpg
    A62JJEf.jpg
    oQ4wnxr.jpg
    gyWtxyE.jpg
    That looks flipping awesome. I love the weathering. :thumb:
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Said with all respect and a proper, surfer-boy accent ...

"Duuuuuuuuude! That's awesome!"

:D
    She's done. :) I'll take some more high quality photos in the sunlight when I get the chance.

hRnjVUe.jpg
    4kXcXkq.jpg
    Gjtr4R2.jpg
    4yWEgc2.jpg
    Sweet. It looks awesome. I'd love to see how you did the weathering on the underside, since you never showed us.
    Sweet. It looks awesome. I'd love to see how you did the weathering on the underside, since you never showed us.

When I take some of the higher quality photos, I'll take some of the bottom. :)
    PixelMagic wrote: »
    When I take some of the higher quality photos, I'll take some of the bottom. :)

Great. I look forward to seeing them. :)
    Some more professional pics of the model instead of cell phone pics. :) Sorry they are large, but I wanted to show all the detail.

YRY9GuT.jpg
    aIV6OOg.jpg
    scqYWM6.jpg
    rbfiD8A.jpg
    VClkzlU.jpg
    mAgKePt.jpg
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Beautiful piece of work. You should be proud of yourself for creating an outstanding model.
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Beautiful piece of work. You should be proud of yourself for creating an outstanding model.

I agree 1000%. :thumb: