Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

How To Do Great Wire Over Mesh Renderings With Blender

guzmanangelguzmanangel0 Posts: 0Member
Version 1.0 - Tutorial is designed for Blender 2.70a. All images in the tutorial are in high definition so you can zoom in pretty far (even as far as about 400% with no problems).

This tutorial is for use with the free open source 3D program Blender.

You can get Blender in here: www.blender.org/

This tutorial is in PDF format and has two versions, a detailed version and a short version which is a sort of list of things to do to get the desired effect. So there are two separate PDF tutorial documents included in the .zip file.

The more elaborate tutorial is also good for people that are starting to learn Blender because it gives a step by step description of all the commands that need to be performed to do this. It also gives step by step descriptions of how to do the post-processing effects in either Photoshop or The Gimp. What I recommend is that you read the detailed one first perhaps one time and then save it for reference and then afterward use the short one to do this until you learn it by memory but of course that is up to you. This detailed one also has several images that the short one does not have that help to understand this better.

I have seen many people asking how to do a wire over mesh render in Blender and there are a few answers to that but there is a way to do it relatively easy with the button with the photo camera icon below a 3D Viewport that is labeled OpenGL render active viewport. Yes, but there are a few things that some people need to know in order to use this feature fully to make better quality hidden line removal wireframe images and they are not always known by everybody or they are not explained that well. No, it is not as simple as hitting that button and just with that obtaining a good hidden line or wire over mesh render, you need to know how to set some things to make it right and a few other tricks of post processing that can give you other variants of the technique that can enhance them even more. Some of these techniques are well known by some but I have not seen them all placed in one single place so I am going to try to do it with this.

There is a part close to the beginning of the tutorial (in the detailed one) that explains what this technique is not (compared to the different methods mentioned on the web) and then the tutorial proceeds to explain how this method works, that is something that you may want to read before continuing further. It is a very good technique, it produces fairly clean results.

The preview image is for the detailed version of the tutorial.

Deviantart link:

http://fav.me/d7o5ggv

And my usual Mediafire backup folder:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cuc82t8l3b093/Public_Files
106167.jpg
Tagged: