Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

COMPETITION: Texture / Cloth / Equipment

SvenLittkowskiSvenLittkowski176 Posts: 20Member
edited June 2014 in Looking for... #1
Hi,

this is NOT a request, but much more an invitation to join a competition! What it is about:

I created a 3D figure, already with some texture. But everyone is invited, to use own, self-made textures instead, and also to develop some exotic cloth and equipment for this alien. You can also change the posing.

I will make available to everyone who's interested a 3D file (Collada format) of this figure.

The rendered scene should include the figure, and some ground, and light of your choice, but no other background or foreground objects in order to keep the focus. A low landscape or an artificial ground are ideal. If you like, animations are welcome, too.

The poll system of this forum will be used for voting on all the entries. The 3D files of each participant should be available to everyone else (download).

Who's interested? :idea:

Here're some views of this alien, hope you like it. It does NOT look like a human with two legs and two arms and two eyes and nose. It has on each side of the head thousands of white-metallic tiny bubbles as eyes (like foam), and a long tall gap on the upper chest as mouth. Two large heavy-duty arms, and two small, finer arms for precision tasks. Three legs. Some fur around the non-existing neck. The head can bend like an elephant's trunk, usually backwards or forwards, but also to some extend sidewards. And it can twist a bit, too. The brain is a long, thin string inside that trunk-alike head but becomes massive inside the upper torso, below the armor scales at the back. The language consists of popping sounds, and sounds like sparkling ice-cold soda inside a glass. At the ends of their sentences, the sparkling sound becomes higher in pitch (like a glass that fills) and faster, at the begin the speed and pitch are lower and there are more pops. In rare cases when bad-tempered (they are usually quite well-balanced), the sounds consist nearly of loud pops alone of low pitch at the lower range a human ear can hear..

[img]http://www.SvenLittkowski.name/Image.php5?What=v/Stuff/CRE_Smart 146 v4e-11868018_ful 2.jpg&Width=1600&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00[/img]
[img]http://www.SvenLittkowski.name/Image.php5?What=v/Stuff/CRE_Smart 146 v4e-11868019_ful 2.jpg&Width=1600&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00[/img]
[img]http://www.SvenLittkowski.name/Image.php5?What=v/Stuff/CRE_Smart 146 v4e-1186801c_ful 2.jpg&Width=1600&FXs=B-00C+00A+00+00+00S+00[/img]

The Download is ready for you!
Please click the package.
:)
Collada_Smart146v4e_SciFiMesh.jpg
Post edited by SvenLittkowski on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    you clearly have some talent with organic modelling. the last shot really reminds me of a mantis shrimp, did you use that species as your source of inspiration?
    i'm not particularly interested in the competition, but i can't speak for anyone else.
  • SvenLittkowskiSvenLittkowski176 Posts: 20Member
    Thanks! I did not intentionally or particularly glimpsed to a Mantis or Mantis Shrimp, it kinda happened by itself. I guess, I had some ideas deep in myself, and they modeled into this figure in an unconscious, uncontrolled or unintentional way. I let feelings guide me.
    The Download is ready for you!
    Please click the package.
    :)
    Collada_Smart146v4e_SciFiMesh.jpg
    Nobody..? In a forum like this..? Wow.
    Where are all the thousands of expected interested participants? :-)