Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCAPRICA - Sunrise Flight

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2014 in Finished Work #1
Raider Prototypes in Flight :)
105632.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on

• komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    Really nice. I love the old model design more then the new one, so your interpretation is great in my book. Keep it up.
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    I always love seeing your work. Fantastic render and really cool looking Raiders.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Awesome stuff. The classic Raider design is always great, even if it is modified from what was on the original BSG. Did you build that model? Also, the lighting looks spot-on with the photo and the compositing is spot-on too. :)
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome stuff. The classic Raider design is always great, even if it is modified from what was on the original BSG. Did you build that model? Also, the lighting looks spot-on with the photo and the compositing is spot-on too. :)

Si she's mine, design to finish (Alain helped a bit as well) but it's my baby 100% :)
    VK08 wrote: »
    Si she's mine, design to finish (Alain helped a bit as well) but it's my baby 100% :)

Excellent work. I never saw Caprica when it was on, (I didn't have Syfy at the time) except the pilot on DVD, so I'm not sure how far they got with the Cylons. Was it ever used on the show or just something you did as an extension of what was done on the show? Sorry for all the questions, I just really like it and want to learn more about it. :)
    Excellent work. I never saw Caprica when it was on, (I didn't have Syfy at the time) except the pilot on DVD, so I'm not sure how far they got with the Cylons. Was it ever used on the show or just something you did as an extension of what was done on the show? Sorry for all the questions, I just really like it and want to learn more about it. :)

Was just something I had been thinking about after watching the show, what would an early raider look like, the thing went through some revisions of course, and ended up looking like you see it here. Doug has stated that if Caprica had continued he would have liked to use it... but it's never been seen other than online in some renders so far.
    Too bad it never got used.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice render, I've been wanting to do a render with this mesh. I downloaded it awhile ago but I've never used it.
    these are all new textures from the downloadable one I had up... ;)
  • rhallmarkrhallmark0 Posts: 0Member
    A very nice render I would be interested in seeing the wireframe of the model. The model looks very clean and polished. Would you care to post up images of the composition process? I’m interested to know the various steps you used to create the final render. What Programs did you use?
    Lightwave, Lens Flare V1, Photoshop and the Imagenomic Real LensGrain filters..

really not much when you think about it, I also brightened the highlights with the Topaz HDR filter..
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i always preferred the new style raiders but this is a excellent shot, the dirt on the leading edge looks a bit repetitive (i think from casual inspection that it repeats a few times from one end to the other) but it's still a good effect. the gold on grey is a very nice colour choice and the glare with chromatic aberration is pretty effective giving this shot a movie quality feel to it.