Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattlestar Action

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Well, looks like I am at it some more.

Cancelled WoW, so,,,,,,,,

Just wanted to do some more. Will add more footage when I get to making some :D

Regards,

Randal R.
105602.png
105599.png
105596.png
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    cool video, can't really see anything to criticize about it( except the length of the title sequence). the motion of the ships is good, nice glow and lens flare from that star at 0:37, great models and the gun and engine effects also good. have you ever considered adding some sort of dialogue to your videos, the radio transmissions of various pilots etc?
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    cool video, can't really see anything to criticize about it( except the length of the title sequence). the motion of the ships is good, nice glow and lens flare from that star at 0:37, great models and the gun and engine effects also good. have you ever considered adding some sort of dialogue to your videos, the radio transmissions of various pilots etc?

yeah , I have done quite a few. with Voice Dialogues.
    Rise of the Cylons, Signal from Earth,Annihilation,The Arrival << using nasa shuttle communiques :D and more.
    in all since 2009, I have made more than 100 BSG videos. Not all deserved to stay on YT. lol.

Maybe I shud make a Collection Thread.

Still an Amateur, Still Like playing with C4d.Problem with dialogue, I do not have the model,rigging experience/knowledge
    to do it decently.

But, This is definitely getting better than in past.

Here are some Still up Videos with some dialogue.

Thnx Mr. spacefighter

<this is embarrassing lol >
    Updated. WIP #2

Some more footage, Am really proud of this so far. Think I am doing better at it.
    they might be your older videos but many of them still have some cool bits, and just a small amount of dialogue really does add something. one person trying to voice multiple characters almost always goes wrong so you can't really be blamed for that. must ask, where do you get the planet and terrain models from?
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very cool stuff!
    All yeah this is getting better I think.

I have thought that some voices would help, but am not very practiced at it.

HERE IS WIP #3....... A few more shots that I spent some time on...and it's in Vimeo!

[video=vimeo;92291823]

Will add more wip's when I make more footage....Am hoping, with the Music Layout I have so far, the Big Ships are bout to begin...:D Long Renders too!

--Any one know where I can get A NuBSG Cylon Base Ship?

On this one, I spent bout 6 hours just getting the Pryo Cluster just right for the Flaming Engine, which I used a surface emitter.
    And Beleive it or not, that smoke trail from the Viper is just One Emitter, and Pyro.... :D tweeked it best I could.

Did you see the smoke rings? My first ones.

Regards,

Randal R.
    i don't know if the audio came from a "live in concert" track or something but the crowd screaming at the start really seems a bit wrong. after that the video is good with more nice effects and many scenes clearly improvements on those in your first attempt at this scene, the use of the "groan" as the cylon fighters pass(1 min 32 secs) is good and should be used more. the flame effects were good except in one shot where a viper was hit and the burning bit formed a perfect sphere with a repetitive texture for several seconds(1 min 43 sec). noticed the nice smoke trails but not smoke rings. look forward to seeing the big ships, there is a new basestar on the 3d warehouse(infact there are a few) and i could convert them for you(from skp to obj), but they are pretty poor quality(they would be alright in the distance but they would look awful at anything nearer than medium range).
    Thanks for the input.

Update Wip #4
    nice stuff, liked the way the raider exploded(although the actual breaking moment left the fragments being far too triangular) and an interesting ending with the basestar jumping in. still the same trouble with the audio in the first 10 or so seconds, makes it seem like a music video where the music is more important than the visuals( i assume that is not what you desired). the lens falring from the star at 2.00 ish is a cool effect but their is some juddering(as if a very low frame rate was used) of the video moments before that, the movement you are trying to get the camera to execute at that moment is just like the sort of cool zoom and pan work in the series, only the stutter lets it down. at 2.21 ish we see the hull of galactica, it's a well thought out sequence BUT, there seems something wrong with the hull. it's as if only certain parts have been textured and even then they have been done with very small tiles which repeat too often(it's good to see the turret detail and close up of the hull, but before any more hull close up shots you need to fiddle with the texture a bit. good work with the gun shots, but not sure about your smoke trails. firstly they seem to stay too thin and not spread but also i'm not sure if you would get trails in space. unless the burning object is accelerating i'm pretty sure the smoke would just ball up around it due to the lack of an atmosphere rushing past. if you want smoke trails the one seen when the raider explodes 1.23 is a good example of the effect to go for throughout. noticed the thruster burst at 1.26 ish(and 1.43 ish), good touch to add, subtle but worth it. and i think i spotted a smoke ring at 1.41 . i look forward to seeing what happens next.
    WIP #5.1

well, did you say that in one breath LOL ?
    Some things I cannot make better, I did the best I can.
    Now I have added some audio/voice tracks in the beginning to mask the live,due to your suggestion., but I cannot change tracks, am using both Live and Studio versions,

Also, I apologize for the last clip, you cannot see the basestar though it is same lighting setup as other shots. Uploads on YT can be treacherous.
    Also added a Matrix style Cam-Pivot.

This is all done in C4d. No post at all.
    I did photoshop some frames to remove the Big Bullets when exploding, and tried to enhance the Rdr Flare in one of the Rdr explosions.

Would like to know what any one else thinks of the Added voice clips.

Thanks,
    Regards,

Randal R.
    new audio at start is a vast improvement, you have JUST about managed to make the crowd noise sound like radio staitc and interference and that cheer has been well timed so it could be one of the pilots just before the attack(think the guy in dr strangelove near the end). the audio later on the clip also really adds something. not sure if the smoke trails have been altered, if so it wasn't much but the seem slightly better. cylon raider exploding at 1:20 ish still has triangluar edges problem, wondering if you could apply some sort of modifier to the fragments so they are not as sharp edged(the triangle edges make them look very clearly like a cgi mesh, it happened to me in my first youtube upload.). the scene where the viper is hit then turns to try and "go out fighting" is starting to grow on me, the scene afterwards is the great camera work i mentioned but still suffers the same juddering problem(as if a very low frame rate was used for it). not sure if the matrix style "bullet time" works well here or not, but well done on producing the effect. i think that atleast up until the "great camera work but juddery" scene this is a completed piece, that scene and the stuff after it needs some more work.
    I will endeavor to improve this. I hope to re-render some o the clips.
    Also the Viper Explosion needs re-timed.

I sincerely appreciate input and comments. I have seen the video so many times, need others takes.

This wip thread will be over. Will start a new one - Battlestar Apocalypse, as these long threads just confuse me.

Please Check out WIP animation Battlestar Apocalypse......The Battle Begins.

Been getting good feedback on this in many places.

"I just cant make it fast enough so I can see what I haven't made".... :D

Update: V1.0 Battlestar Apocalypse.