Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRetro Style

stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
edited April 2014 in Finished Work #1
Ok this one is as done as its ever going to be :)
105505.jpg
105506.jpg
Post edited by stoli on
JES
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good renders, not so keen on craft but the engine pods are nice.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice.... Reminds me to a bit to the Nabooan fighter...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I love it. Great work on the craft and the materials. The renders look great. :D
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Really cool looking craft! :)
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972321 Posts: 1,202Member
    Really cool. Could, maybe do with a little gold plating. :p
  • SanderleeSanderlee1 Posts: 0Member
    Absolutely lovely! Love the high-sheen metal skin, the fin, all of it. Very 1950s meets modern!
  • bosunbosun62 Posts: 0Member
    Duuuuude! :thumb:

Weren't you thinking about an open cockpit version? I'd still love to see that.
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Hiya all, thanks for checking out my latest retro work, I appreciate the comments and feedback as always, Vortex suggested some gold plating so I thought, what the hell, why not make her shiny red with gold plating loll :), this one is for you Vortex.
    105551.jpg
    JES
    That's hot. I love the chrome, but the gold looks great too. Plus, it's nice to see this beauty from another angle. :D
    Haha!! That looks awesome!
    Stop it! You're giving me too many awesome backgrounds! :)

Nice one! Love this little bird.
    Just a fun render, most of my models are always in the sky, I enjoyed using a friends model of a hanger - made by aconnol and the latex lady from LXXT, both on Devart.

Enjoy :)
    105601.jpg
    JES
    It's GOTTA be awkward to use foot-pedals with those boots, though! :D

Or ...

"This polished floor brought to you by the Empire Floor Waxing Company - We Don't Just Work on Death Stars."

All goofing aside, nice pic! The reflective floor is maybe a bit too much like a mirror, but it's a pretty minor criticism. Nice work ... and ANOTHER background!
    Yeah, I'd suggest adding a bit of reflection blurring to the floor, but it's a damn fine pic. The hanger and girl are great models.
    Loll, thanks guys, I agree about the shiny floor as well, I think I went a little overboard on the floor wax big time, Vader would be proud of me.

Evil, you mentioned reflection blurring, did you mean just using a less reflective material or something else, some other process in Photoshop ?
    stoli wrote: »
    Evil, you mentioned reflection blurring, did you mean just using a less reflective material or something else, some other process in Photoshop ?

I don't know Photoshop. It's a material setting in Lightwave, I can make raytraced reflections look less sharp. I know Blender can do that too, but I don't remember what program you use to render. (or model, for that matter ;)) I suppose you could use a freehand select in Photoshop and select the floor and then apply a gaussian blur to the floor, which would obscure the reflections. However, that would take a bit of time and patience. ;)
    Hi folks, this is the last render of my retro fighter, taking some helpful advice I decided to spend a little more time on adding materials to the hanger model and I hid the floor waxing machine so not as shiny, I also added a helmet to the latex babe, came out ok for a Sketchup model I think :)
    105633.jpg
    JES
    That looks fantastic. The changed materials on the hanger make it look more realistic, which is a great thing since your fighter looks so realistic. (so does the person)
    Perfect!