Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEdge of Tomorrow Exoskeleton suit

13»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's looking great. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your child. :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    4.5 million polys for the gun alone, ouch! beautiful work.
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Thanks guys!

jay-mo: yes it's all zbrush. A few things are unwrapped, I can't remember how many. For now I'm planning to keep him in zbrush so I'm not spending much time unwrapping things. He is polypainted though so there is some nice detail that's turned off in that latest render.

spacefighter: yeah, down from 40million though. I actually just made another 900K version which is nice and fast that I'm using for now. The picatinny rails though kind of kill the polycount, they seem to need a lot to hold up well. If I end up polypainting the gun at all though I'll have to go back up to the high rez version because this one is too low-rez to polypaint right now. Just wanted to get that gun on the suit!
    Feeling like i'm done here...

angle1.jpg

EOT-views.jpg
    Sweet. You could print that and have an awesome display piece.
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Amazing piece of work.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, loving the copper/bronze finish, and the depth of field effect on the main image is a nice touch. Cracking work mate.

:thumb:
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i can see that the latest image is a render not a physical object but it makes me think, is this 3d printable? top quality work.
    My coworker is getting a 3D printer at some point soon, I was thinking it'd be fun to give that a try!
    japetus wrote: »
    My coworker is getting a 3D printer at some point soon, I was thinking it'd be fun to give that a try!

That would be awesome. It would make a great display piece. If you print one, please show us pictures. :)
    I've started converting my suit over to 3ds max, slowly but surly. I've learned a bit since I started, so there are still a lot of parts that can be reduced even more. I'm not going for video game level of poly reduction, but something pleasant to work with and maybe to pose better. This thing still has 6.5 million polys so there is a bit left to do...but i'm pretty happy with how things are going so far. I haven't touched materials, it's just using the bitmaps i exported.

suit_max_01.jpg
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Keep up the good work. Looking great!
    Messed with this a bit more to get it into Max..gave it some mental ray shaders and it's looking more intersting i think!

suit_max_02.jpg
    suit_max_03.jpg
    That's looking awesome. Nice work.

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Pretty darned impressive!
    Been working a lot on reducing this guy. I don't usually have a need to greatly reduce my models, so it's been fun and good practice on getting a semi-game level model on some parts. I started on the upper leg armor and I got that group of pieces down from over 500,000 polys to just about 4,000. I've been remodeling and unwrapping the parts in Max and then taking it back to ZBrush to reproject my polypainting. While I'm doing this I'm also trying to combine the maps more cuz right now, just from how messy my zbrush file has become, i have like 80 bitmaps.

upperLeg_compare.jpg
    OK I pretty much finished retoplogizing this guy although I could keep going...there's no point, at least it's riggable now! The suit and everything is about 910K polys now, which isn't too bad. I rigged this guy up and did a slap comp to make it look awesome...here it is! Also a render of the final suit (minus one or 2 last minute color tweaks)

EOT_suit_comp_01.jpg

suit_max_04.JPG
    Gah, somehow double posted!
    Nice! Great work.

• EvilDaifuEvilDaifu0 Posts: 0Member
    This is absolutely fantastic. I'd like to build an EoT suit for cosplay and japetus mate you're my inspiration!!! Anyone have any ideas how I can mold plastics to make the shapes shown here? :thumb:
  • DragonBoyDragonBoy0 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic work, I'm absolutely appalled by the amount of detail and work you go into making this. I was wondering if it was ok if you gave me the file for the exoskeleton part if this is ok? I feel out of place by asking this due to how good it looks and how much detail you put into it. I already have a model of the exoskeleton I got off a mobile game, but its a measly 5000 verts and the textures are less so. If you'ed want you could hand me a scaled down version that is insuperior to that of your work, I can work with anything. If you refuse on handing out your file its ok, I completely understand an emotional attachment to ones work and can be flexable with the refusal.

Best Luck