Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Axanar Rescue Pod

tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2014 in Looking for... #1
I have another small model that I will need for "Axanar" resp. "Prelude to Axanar" - a Federation Rescue/Escape Pod.

It should not be particularly big, around 2x2 meters, 2-2.5 meters high.

Since its for the Pre-Tos Starfleet ships, the top surface has to be pretty smooth, and it has to have 4 sized sizes. The sides and bottom can have more detail, probably along the lines of a Defiant Escape Pod:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081026015547/memoryalpha/en/images/4/47/Defiant_escape_pod.jpg

These are the ships they would originate from:
https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekAxanar/photos/a.296066760507854.69521.289256531188877/296066800507850/?type=1&theater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSvjKLr1i4 (at around 2 minute mark)

WeA’ll probably be getting pretty close to this one if the model allows for it, but only for a very short amount of time.

Textures would be nice, but not more then one texture sheet.

As with the Klingon Workbee, I canA’t offer any money compensation, but IA’ll try my best to get a modelling credit in the "Axanar" resp. "Prelude to Axanar" credits for the modeller of the chosen model.

I hope this finds some interested modellers and has similar cool results as the workbee thread.

Thanks & have fun!

Tobias

http://startrekaxanar.com/
Post edited by tobiasrichter on
Tagged:

• tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Hmm - no takers? IA’ll wait a couple more days in case somebody wants to take a try at it.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Is it going to be hidden under a panel that pops off?
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Is it going to be hidden under a panel that pops off?

No, the top side is basically part of the hull - the whole thing would be shot away.
    Here's what I got so far.
    AxanarEscapePod002q_zpsad642457.png
    Here's what I got so far.
    AxanarEscapePod002q_zpsad642457.png

Very nice - thank you for trying this! I think it is a good start, but it is too "square" at the bottom - maybe you could tweak that a bit more into the direction of the pod picture that I posted, make the thrusters a bigger element - at the moment, they are too tiny.
    I would also break up the very linear shape of the main body a bit, making it more interesting - with some inset areas.

Also, it would be cool if the top had rounder edges. I guess railings at the edges could serve as a guide for the launch, but they would need to be open at the bottom and with a bit more profile. The side detail could be a little more detailed and clear - 2 cylinders with oxygen should be enough, with some cabling or wiring or stuff like that.

It would be great if you could work that in. Thanks a lot!
    Tobias
    105268.jpg
    How about this?
    AxanarEscapePod004a_zpse8718b06.png
    How about this?
    AxanarEscapePod004a_zpse8718b06.png

Excellent! That looks like just the right amount of detail.

Just two small adjustments - I would like to have the top corners a little rounder and the whole plate slightly bigger (it has to cover the railings at the side) and I would like to break up the large surface on the side with some indent.

I hope you can do that, then it is on to texturing. Would you do texturing as well? If not, I can take it from here.

Tobias
    105293.jpg
    Excellent! That looks like just the right amount of detail.

Just two small adjustments - I would like to have the top corners a little rounder and the whole plate slightly bigger (it has to cover the railings at the side) and I would like to break up the large surface on the side with some indent.

I hope you can do that, then it is on to texturing. Would you do texturing as well? If not, I can take it from here.

Tobias

Indent on the large plate, or the main body of the pod?
    Also, my texturing isn't that great, unfortunately.
    Indent on the large plate, or the main body of the pod?
    Also, my texturing isn't that great, unfortunately.

The indent on the main body.

No problem with the texturing, I can do that.
    Better?
    AxanarEscapePod006a_zpsb4ecfd62.png
    Perfect on the top round, but the indent is now on the whole surface, I thought it would be nicer to have the main surface break up and so have a "ring" indented around the pod, like I scribbled in my previous post. I can do that as well, shouldnA’t be much work - other then that, IA’d call it done.

Thanks
    Tobias
    Thanks again to Greg for the model - I cleaned it up a bit, made some minor adjustments, did the UV mapping and the texturing - and here is the result.

I could polish it even more, but itA’ll have only 3-4 seconds screen time, so I think itA’ll work just fine as it is.

Look out for "Prelude to Axanar" to see it...
    105348.jpg
    Thanks again to Greg for the model - I cleaned it up a bit, made some minor adjustments, did the UV mapping and the texturing - and here is the result.

I could polish it even more, but itA’ll have only 3-4 seconds screen time, so I think itA’ll work just fine as it is.

Look out for "Prelude to Axanar" to see it...

That's pretty damn awesome! New desktop background!