Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMKF's Doodle Crap

13»

• MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9711 Posts: 5,302Member
    Looking at what to do next.
    Taking a go at redoing a ship I had started modeling back in 15 or so.
    hakaran-v2-001.jpg
    Spent the weekend finding out I am really rusty at this and only got a few doodles out and this is the only one I really spent time on as the others got dismissed quite quickly. Heck this might get axed in the morning. . . . Below is a image of the old model.

battleship-101.jpg?w=300

For ref here is one of the old doodles.
    hakaran-fleet-web.jpg?w=300

Idea is these are a collection of technology examples from a very large empire. So the ships will vary to a degree in the fleet and will vary depending on the location in the empire.

Example this is a accompanying ship to the battleship that has an entirely different FTL design

battleship-310.jpg?w=300
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Nice! They look kinda naval, like an old WWII battleship and a yacht, I like that very much!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • rojrenrojren2298 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,970Member
    The first one reminds me of something, but I can't place it. I like the second one better in any case.
  • Rusty0918Rusty0918266 Posts: 451Member
    Pretty funky. You know, MadKoiFish, the first officer on the USS Galaxy in my ""Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Galaxy Chronicles"" has light blue hair too. She's a Shrostian.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    I’m getting a “Space Pirate: Captain Harlock “ vibe from that ship. I like it.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Harlock or Warhammer, the ships from the Imperium of Man.....
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Everyone is getting different vibes from that one ship. I was just thinking it looks like a Galra ship from the new Voltron show.

Either way I think it's a great design!
    a doodle on my phone, autodesk app isnt half bad, phone though a bit small I guess lol. It is kind of hard to pick colors on the phone for some reason, maybe the AMOLED or just the color picker they chose to use.
    note10plus-doodle-001.jpg
    Something done lastnight that i decided to color in, so out of practice EUGh. dunno if I will do anything else with it.
    oct-doodles01.png
    and no, neither are from anything.
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusr
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I've tried doing art on a tablet, and it wasn't a success. I can't even imagine going smaller.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice.
    I'm impressed with what you did on the phone. Out of curiosity what model of phone is it?
    Note, I do not think there is any other phone with a proper pen though.

I would suggest to anyone willing to go with a android for a drawing tablet, go get a tab whatever it is that has the wacom pen in. But if your sold only on say Paint tool SAI or Clip studio Id go for those Leonovo Yoga things or something with a emr (if you can find it) running windows.

Dunno what is in the note10, read emr but it does have a capacitor it uses like a battery that gets charged via a wireless pad in the phone. so?

I have yet to find any other compatible stylus for the 10 though. Older versions you could use various other wacom pens on them. I had hoped to use a comparable samsung pen (to keep it small but not a toothpick) but so far the tab line it appears the pens need to clip to a charging point on the tablet so those are likely out as well Id need a charging coil to charge em as I dunno if the one in the 10 is strong enough to go through the device.

• GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Note 10 pen has some bluetooth stuff in it, so that's probably why it needs charging. I was a big fan of Notes, but switched to the regular S models, back when the batteries started exploding. My commute is also really short these days, so it's not like I get any sketching done on my way to work. Might get a Note 10 next though. They look pretty neat, and maybe I can sketch at work instead. :p
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Well most of the stuff is going AES over EMR due to the digitizer thickness and cost. I think all the larger note tablets are all AES capacitor based. Then again I have not found any info on what it used as most google results are either completely unrelated or garbage reviews waffling about some arcane feature. I just know of the 4 pens I have none work. I have to go into a bestbuy someday and try out all the various devices on the phone! If it is a fully EMR it will makes things a bit easier.

Yeah unless you really need the features buying one stand alone isnt worth it. I got mine as a deal from a carrier move and as a secondary device so it was cheaper and easier than dealing with my old failing phone and moving it to the new carrier.

If your tooting to and fro work say on train or bus Id opt for a larger tablet 8" or more. Cheaper exp if it is wifi.
    edited November 2019 #75
    Doodle while main pc is occupied rendering. Hekapoo, from star vs the forces if evil. Dome on those strange LG ultrawide 2560X1080 monitors and my old intuos3 and a poorly set up clip studio. Definitely not the monitors to paint with.

hekapoo-001.jpg

probably not as inspired as originally intended as the display format was awkward, maybe better if I rotated the display but they are rigged up as a over under as I have 2 of them.

What she looks like in the show.
    qpb88sye-720.jpg

Post edited by MadKoiFish on
    Lizzy777Freakpubliusr
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice!
    6mo and it is a obscure webnovel character. . . . least I guess I am using the cintiq at least.

hakai-me-no-yuuri-01.jpg
    Lizzy777Freak
    Did not get too much farther with it, DISTRACTIONS and CATS again. Spot has learned to knock over a wood barrier keeping him out of the hallway. -_-;' I need a baby gate, that or a half door.
    anyhow
    hakai-me-no-yuuri-01a.jpg
    Need to move an eye I think. . . . . .
    Lizzy777Freakpubliusr
    edited September 2021 #79
    Random distraction and a break from Enterprise textures. . . the cintiq is in really poor shape the lcd is all cloudy. That dark mottled crap most IPS displays get over time. Granted this is a samsung PLA but IPS in another name. Oh well I guess. . . .
    ganyu-001-wip-01-web.png
    having a hell of a time figuring out the clothing. Like some strange apron thing that I keep wanting to draw longer than it really is. meh.
    BolianAdmiralLeoBerlinLizzy777publiusr
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Aww…
    edited May 2022 #81
    Eula from genshin impact. Taking forever due to the outfit. Would think having a 3d model based costume it would be easy to figure out but nope.

eula3a.jpg

The cintiq is basically toast so debating if I should spend the 1300 on the Kamvas 24 4k unit. . . . but lately I have had more motivation to paint than I do to do 3d. And yes I am still working on the commission ship. Just nothing to show really. Does not help I am loosing all my old lcds slowly but surely. One inside was full of burst caps and poor choices in wiring. connector with tiny wires going to the lcd panel using small vinyl shielded wires vs a ribbon so the heat from the cfl back light basically rotted the insulation off 30 some odd small wires. (needless to say they shorted out) What burns on both panels is the lcd itself is still good. But both have some fatal part causing them to fail.
    Lizzy777StarCruiserLeoBerlin