Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DWho knows..

todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
edited March 2014 in Work in Progress #1
Edit: Updated thumbnail March 2014

attachment.php?attachmentid=107452&d=1393708503

4thdrlibrary_2c_thumb.jpg

LightWave11.6 / Postwork via DP nodes
105054.jpg
Post edited by today on
Tagged:

• todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Watch in > 720p if you want it to look not-horrible.
  • SaquistSaquist0 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive, today.
    You show good taste for the early days of WHO.
    I like it and the videography was well done too.
  • LonewriterLonewriter228 Posts: 1,031Member
    today wrote: »
    Watch in > 720p if you want it to look not-horrible.

Eleventh Doctor: Look... the round things!
    Tenth Doctor: Love the round things.
    Eleventh Doctor: What are the round things?
    Tenth Doctor: No idea.

Video is currently unavailable. Nice still render though.
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent model and lighting, although the GI on your animation is a little flickery. :D

Are you going to take it any further and make some other Who related models? I'd like to see that! :cool:
  • AresiusAresius338 Posts: 4,125Member
    ah yeah.. nostalgia....
    Nicely done!
  • TallguyTallguy182 Posts: 393Member
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    Eleventh Doctor: Look... the round things!
    Tenth Doctor: Love the round things.
    Eleventh Doctor: What are the round things?
    Tenth Doctor: No idea.

My very first thought!
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Thanks guys.

@BlobVanDam - yep, the GI was set pretty low quality-wise, for a WIP made sense to keep render times down.

And I am planning on doing a few more Tardis interiors, including a retro 1970's looking variant of the 11th doctor's library, complete with the 'round things'. Even if we don't quite know what they are:p

edit:

A few sketches I made to show possible layouts of the retro tardis library. And yes, I may have borrowed some details from the cloister room:D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=106867&d=1390664795
    104498.jpg
  • BlobVanDamBlobVanDam0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys.

@BlobVanDam - yep, the GI was set pretty low quality-wise, for a WIP made sense to keep render times down.

Wasn't sure if it was final or not, but for a WIP it's just fine! :thumb: I know all about the joys of animation render times.

We really don't get to see all that much of the Doctor's TARDIS interior aside from the control room, so I can't wait to see some your take. The library is only seen in Journey to the Center of the TARDIS, I think? I recognize the basic look, and I think it's a good challenge. I'm thinking of taking on the original TARDIS control room myself at some point.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67226 Posts: 1,891Member
    BlobVanDam wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if it was final or not, but for a WIP it's just fine! :thumb: I know all about the joys of animation render times.

We really don't get to see all that much of the Doctor's TARDIS interior aside from the control room, so I can't wait to see some your take. The library is only seen in Journey to the Center of the TARDIS, I think? I recognize the basic look, and I think it's a good challenge. I'm thinking of taking on the original TARDIS control room myself at some point.
    was a cool set, but i didnt much care for that episode.
    Nicely done, today! Who knows what tomorrow might bring? ("Who's on first?" "The DOCTOR!!!")
  • wibblewibble171 Posts: 0Member
    A few sketches I made to show possible layouts of the retro tardis library. And yes, I may have borrowed some details from the cloister room:D

At the moment it is looking like a wine cellar. Somthing that shouldn't be missing on a TARDIS of course.
    I almost forgot about this one...

attachment.php?attachmentid=107333&d=1393189973

4thdrlibrary_1.jpg

And yes, I do need to randomize the instanced bookshelves a little.:p
    104937.jpg
    Ok. Slightly less *meh* lighting this time.:thumb:

attachment.php?attachmentid=107334&d=1393194365
    104938.jpg
  • bbeltbbelt0 Posts: 0Member
    This is really look good. I have not seen the episode that shows the "modern" library so I have nothing to base your model on. Are the circular designs on the walls actual time lord designs you pulled from reference, or just something whimsical? Also is that a Silence in the library?
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann286 Posts: 1,041Member
    Dang that's gorgeous!
  • Vortex5972Vortex597267 Posts: 997Member
    :o WOW!!
    Thanks everyone!

@ bbelt - the circles are in fact based on time lord writing. If google images is to be believed it actually spells out the doctor's name. ;)

And yes, there is a silence in the library, not sure how he wound up th -- wait, what were we talking about:lol:
    And, for those paying very close attention there's also two timelords and a tin dog. It's like the Dr.Who version of "Where's waldo" :D
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67226 Posts: 1,891Member
    And, for those paying very close attention there's also two timelords and a tin dog. It's like the Dr.Who version of "Where's waldo" :D
    you should drop a real Waldo in there, just to spice things up
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Absent 'Waldo' or not - a beautiful piece of work.
    thanks!