Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3ds max default file set up

MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9786 Posts: 5,321Member
edited January 2014 in General Discussion #1
Is there a way to make a custom default project?

IE when you open max the default workspace and file settings. I can see where you can choose prebuilt stuff but I am not seeing any options for custom settings.

"Defaults Switcher"

Real issue is 2013 they now have removed the global apply, just a apply to active tab whatever that is, it just applies to the active viewport and resets the others. Reason I am asking is I HATE the stupid selection brackets setting now with 2013 I have to go to every viewport and change all the display settings individually vs once and applying it globaly to all viewports.

The other reason is there are a tonne of custom things I set up to other tools that have to be done every time and often the defaults are stupid or just the wrong workflow for me.
I figure there is likely some default MAX file somewhere like how word has you can pre-alter it and save it and it just loads up on app start.
Post edited by MadKoiFish on
Each day we draw closer to the end.
Tagged:

• CHASERCHASER0 Posts: 0Member
    Set up your project and then save the scene with the name maxstart, and make sure that is in your scenes folder (Documents3dsmaxscenes). 3DS Max should use that as the default starting scene, just like MS word.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9786 Posts: 5,321Member
    Ok cool beans it works, thanks
    Each day we draw closer to the end.