Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Freeware or cheapware video editing software?

ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
I have a bunch of little AVIs that i'd like to put together in a single file. Can anyone link me to cheap or free video editing software? I don't need anything fancy. Thanks!

Addition - I'm running a windows 7 system
Post edited by Zoxesyr on

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    What operating system do you run? I know of a couple really nice nonlinear video editors, but they'll only run on a Linux-based OS.
  • ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
    Oops! i should have said i have windows 7 system
    Yeah, I've been looking for a good Windows freeware/open source NLVE for a while, but they don't appear to exist. Though, the last time I looked for one was several years ago and I can always look again, since I may have need of one myself at some point and I'm not sure I want to re-install a Linux OS just for one program.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i used to use wax 2.0 for this but it can crash and often needs multiple attempts to get it right. it also does cooler stuff like basic compositing and greenscreen, very basic 3d stuff(import a 3DS model and move it around/rotate/scale. treats models as a single object so you can't say make the spin section turn on an omega destroyer or animate the legs on a mech), altering colours,cropping,etc. but if all you want to do is order up some clips windows movie maker(probably pre installed, otherwise don't know whether microsoft makes it available for free or not) is adequate for that but it really can't do much except order, clips/images add an audio channel and add titles. i believe blender can do some video editing, compositing and ordering but i've never really used that part of it.
    That's a good point about Blender. Most 3D software can be used for basic compositing. You just have to string the clips in the order you want them and then render the scene to a new video file.