Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWork In Progress of stargate Iris

pir9008pir90080 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2013 in Work in Progress #1
The iris is opening and closing nothing special as of yet. still busy. looking for some input on the vortex creation. iris opening.jpgiris opening 2.jpg
103891.jpg
103892.jpg
Post edited by pir9008 on
Tagged:

• tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great; would love to see it in motion!
  • pir9008pir90080 Posts: 0Member
    yes the animation is 108 mb in size will try upload to tube and place a link tonight. working on creating the flower part. might just be simple and not as extravagant as the real thing but would be close i think.

Upload in progress
    upload Completed
    http://youtu.be/D8YglaGGSJs
  • tommygdawgtommygdawg0 Posts: 0Member
    Good start! On the show iris, you don't actually see the individual blades as it opens and closes, it's more of a perfect circle, and I think it's a bit too fast. I think the speed varies a bit on the show iris. It'll slow down a bit at the end of it when it's nearly closed.

Try using the curve editor on the key frames to adjust the interpolation.
    yea its nothing like the shows one at this point and yes thanks for reminding me on the speed. i will change it soon as i have it perfect. am working on getting the flower part as well to match the shows one.
    as i understand they used a deformation for the iris. not too sure on the specifics though and the worm hole start is well shall i say more tricky at this point but will keep working on it.