Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DK'Kree ZBrush Sculpture

ScarecrovvScarecrovv0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2013 in Work in Progress #1
I started this off a couple of years ago and managed to tentatively sculpt the head, but being new to ZBrush, I lacked the confidence to carry on. Being more experienced now, I decided to have another go at it. I'm currently working out the musculature.

The K'Kree are an alien race from the tabletop roleplaying game, Traveller. They are centaur-like posessing bovine/equine rears and human upper torso. The feet and hands lack thumbs and instead have an exaggerated central pad that is used for walking on on the feet and used as a thumb on the hand. The toes are extended into finger-like protrusions.

The conundrum are the fore legs. They aren't like the forelegs on a terran quadruped, they are more a sort of cross between hind legs and human legs, which means the muscles don't make sense, so I'm trying to wing it :D

It still needs a little work and eventually all the musculature will be smoothed off so that it looks like he has skin.
Also the fingers and toes are still very sausage-like. They will be properly sculpted on the next subdivision level.

[video=youtube_share;IgKUK0McgsU]
103750.jpg
Post edited by Scarecrovv on
Tagged:

• Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    It's nice to see some traveller stuff here!

This is a mix of good and bad, but it shows you can fix the bad. I find it odd that you detailed the ass end before you detailed the head and face, but that seems to be how you chose to work and the detail on the hindquarters looks pretty good. If you can detail the head and face that well you'll have something good.

The hands and feet really need work.

You have the general layout down pretty good, now you just need to detail it. Also adding a typical k'kree helmet and spear would help a lot.

if you show the mouth open be sure to show the flat, herbivore teeth as the whole militant vegetarian thing is essential to the k'kree.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking forward to more on this one.
  • uniderthuniderth1 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting creature and nice sculpting.
  • ScarecrovvScarecrovv0 Posts: 0Member
    Okie dokie, bit of an update on the K'Kree. I've smoothed him all off now so he looks like he has skin, sculpted the fingers and toes, opened the mouth and given him teeth. Next it's HD Geometry for detailing fur and wrinkles and such.
    103885.jpg