Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Hardware Options...

Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
edited September 2013 in General Discussion #1
Post edited by Chris2005 on
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Pro

• Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    bugger AMD, get a new gen core i7. The bang for your buck is unbeatable. They're so good I replaced a dual socket Xeon (ok, an older generation to be fair) with a single i7 and its twice as fast and a quarter as expensive.
  • joededmanjoededman0 Posts: 0Member
    Yea, if you suddenly want to spend two hundred dollars more for a processor go with intel, other wise the processor you have listed will work. DDR3 RAM is DDR3 RAM. The RAM you have listed should work with any motherboard that supports DDR3. If you are planning to use only the integrated video the 430 watt version of the power supply should do the job. Unless you have a rack of hard drives or such that you want to plug in.

If you want a better review of what you're getting into with the A8-6600 have a look at the following;

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7028/amd-richland-desktop-apus-now-available

Good luck,

joe
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    Yes, they are more expensive but you get way more than $200 worth of extra power from the Intel...
  • CoolhandCoolhand286 Mountain LairPosts: 1,295Member
    depending on your CPU & mobo combination you may not get the full speed benefit with that RAM - 1600 is not the quickest, far from it, it'll work, but probably hold the rest of the system back. the quicker the CPU the worse this problem is as its going to be left partially idle waiting for the RAM to feed it data, you could always upgrade it later tho.
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro