Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

JJ Verse Klingon ship Reference

japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
edited August 2013 in General Discussion #1
Was watching this Autodesk SIGGRAPH video and they have a lot of great shots of the Klingon "Bird of Prey"-ish ships in "Into Darkness" shown. Lots of animations, turntables, wireframes, shown. Thought I'd share here. The goodness starts at 33:41 or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT0pmnDAr3Q&feature=player_detailpage&t=2022
Post edited by japetus on
Tagged:

• japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Just found this too...prop ships for "Into Darkness"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOty2weC-Nk
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i wrote an article online about into darkness days after it came out, finding images of the new BOP was pretty difficult. you didn't really see much of it.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i watched that fist video from 33:20 onwards, really great stuff. now i see it with that sort of clarity that new "warbird" is very nice, not quite as cool as the old BOP or the valdore but pretty da*n close to them. fast forwarded through the second one but never noticed any BOPs. would be great if someone modelled that new BOP as an obj and released the file publicly.

really wish we had seen more of the klingons and their ships in "into darkness", maybe we will in the third JJ trek.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    i watched that fist video from 33:20 onwards, really great stuff. now i see it with that sort of clarity that new "warbird" is very nice, not quite as cool as the old BOP or the valdore but pretty da*n close to them. fast forwarded through the second one but never noticed any BOPs. would be great if someone modelled that new BOP as an obj and released the file publicly.

really wish we had seen more of the klingons and their ships in "into darkness", maybe we will in the third JJ trek.

Agreed, I was really struggling to see their shape in the new movie which annoyed me. It did enter my mind to model one for fun. I wonder if the Art-of book has more images?