Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

So ...

2»

• lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Darkness wrote: »
    Is Deks still around? And what about Igor ... :shiner:
    Deks is still around, though he mostly sticks to commenting and giving newcomers useful advice. Don't know about Igor, but it's not like anyone really gives a damn.

BTW: What's up with your website? Definitely needs more penguin worship!
  • DarknessDarkness333 Posts: 43Member
    It is all there. But it is burried deep in the most secret and elitist corners of the deep web where only a handpicked group of individuals have the privilege to enter!
    In other words, I have to bribe Arvid.
    Bribe his behind, yes.
  • 3DTEKO63DTEKO6171 Posts: 12Member
    A lot of web forums are taking a hit due to social media sites taking traffic away from them. Why pay for vBulletin when you can host a free website on Facebook for example.

A lot of the sites I've done work for are in decline. I'd imagine the decline started here when the server crashed a few times, and then it just never recovered.

I miss 3d modeling. It was a hobby I went to school for that put me back on track. Sadly, my area is not a strong suit for multimedia.
  • DeksDeks200 Posts: 259Member
    I'm still here, indeed.
    As it was noted above, mainly sticking with commentaries and advice for now.
    Am working sparsely in Max on a few things, but nothing of relevance (the Nightfire is still on the roll however) - doing a bit of a crash-course as it were to possibly learn new things, but I have other real-life priorities that take up most of my time.
  • BerticusBerticus171 Posts: 63Member
    I pop in from time to time to see how things are going here. It's good to see some of you guys still here. I'm with evil genius in that I showed up a few months before the crash. Hi, evil genius! Been a while!

My current job is quite relevant to the state of this website and I'm wondering if one of the mods would be interested in some free SEO for the place. My current client has me building out 40+ websites and ranking them for various search terms. The blessing of organic traffic is a beautiful thing: water to the parched lips of my clients, as it were...

I'll stop waxing poetic.

tl:dr - Good to see some familiar faces.
    Deks wrote: »
    I'm still here, indeed.
    As it was noted above, mainly sticking with commentaries and advice for now.
    Am working sparsely in Max on a few things, but nothing of relevance (the Nightfire is still on the roll however) - doing a bit of a crash-course as it were to possibly learn new things, but I have other real-life priorities that take up most of my time.
    What are you up to these days anyway? Did you move to the UK full-time or have you returned to the mainland?
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    Berticus wrote: »
    My current job is quite relevant to the state of this website and I'm wondering if one of the mods would be interested in some free SEO for the place. My current client has me building out 40+ websites and ranking them for various search terms. The blessing of organic traffic is a beautiful thing: water to the parched lips of my clients, as it were...
    send an email to Aceman, I'm sure he'd love to hear more about that
    IRML wrote: »
    send an email to Aceman, I'm sure he'd love to hear more about that

Shot him a message here on the forum. I hope he takes me up on my offer. I think there's a way to resuscitate this place and I think it would be good for everyone. :)
    lennier1 wrote: »
    What are you up to these days anyway? Did you move to the UK full-time or have you returned to the mainland?

Had to return to Croatia.
    Right now I'm trying to find some kind of a temp job to increase my finances so I can leave for EU and get a job there ultimately (I'm considering Sweden or Ireland, but 'maybe' something might happen even in Luxembourg - given how UK government initiated the transitional work prohibitions for Croats, which was quite frankly an idiotic move given how even if the entire Croatia moved into EU, no one would feel it - its population is barely 4.3 million).
    Germany my friend, Germany!
    What about it?
    Germany also prohibited Croats from working.
    What about it?

...Seriously? Where are you supposed to work?
    Darkness wrote: »
    Germany my friend, Germany!
    Germany? Bad idea!
    Deks, remember, that's the country where they let people like Darkness run around without adult supervision! :p
    Berticus wrote: »
    ...Seriously? Where are you supposed to work?

I'm thinking about Ireland (Dublin) or Sweden.
    Both require excellent knowledge of English language and actually want people to come there.
    Right now I have to bump up my finances however, which is very difficult to accomplish because the situation in Croatia is lousy at best in terms of jobs (not saying that's not the general state of affairs of things around the globe that will progressively get worse until the whole system collapses in under 10 years, but it was far easier for me to find something outside of Croatia - when I had the ability to work there - so at least now with Croatia part of EU, that opens up a few options).
  • MartocticvsMartocticvs444 Posts: 524Member
    I think I joined SFA originally, back in 2000, and then one day... I was here. 13 years of slowly improving skills and rapidly reducing quantity :)
  • LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
    Still here as well, but haven't been active for like…4 years, 5…don't remember. Kind of a lot less activity here then before, and if it wasn't for our current project which brought me back to scifi, I propably wouldn't have come back here. I had almost forgotten about this place and was kinda surprised it was still here. Effects work kept me busy for most of the time, and with my late decision to study film, been busy shooting movies. I'm happy to see a lot of the old faces still around, and i might become more of an active member again, seeing as I'll be doing more scifi related work in the future, as the larger bulk of vfx work over the past years wasn't exactly scifi.

Seeing you guys feels like old times though :)
  • LennOLennO5 Posts: 0Member
    And yeah, where's Igor?
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    I am also still here, proving the point about not really doing much other than commenting on my own stuff :D
    What about it?

Not quite ... Croatians still need a work permit despite Croatia being in the EU. A bit surprising but still it is not prohibited or anything.
    LennO wrote: »
    Seeing you guys feels like old times though :)

My thoughts exactly ...
  • backsteptbackstept2060 Posts: 922Member
    'nother old-timer checking in . . .
    I hop in here from time to time to squash spammers in Misc, but that's about it
    I seem to be spending too much time on reddit these days, so there's my excuse
    with regards to doing 3D stuff I've been doing some game modding (mostly skyrim) and even more game playing :P