Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationNew Weapons set up Viper/Raider

RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Finished Work #1
New-weps_zps807c3ad4.gif

Trying out a new setup arrangement .....gif is slow. May be using this in next video.
102428.png
Post edited by RandalR on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    very cool but i think that at the moment of firing the lens flare along the body of the raider should be less. i really don't think it should illuminate the outer sides of the "wings" as they are not on a direct line of sight to the gun muzzles. the actual travelling "bullets" themselves might be better being a little brighter with more lens flare on them. this type is good though i can't really rember the old set up so am not sure what to compare it to. nice work, and as ever COOL SHIP!
  • RandalRRandalR0 Posts: 0Member
    fixed it. still tweaking it, and trying it out. Only real problem so far, is matching the flare size to distance and when animating in distance that can be twicky... :D

Thanks for all your input.

Best,

Randal R.
  • softcelsoftcel0 Posts: 0Member
    If this helps, what i do...is make the muzzle flash the actual light source, so it acts naturally in the scene. awesome work by the way...we need to collaborate for real one day.:)
    That would be interesting, have not tried that.

Not sure how that would work...? A collaboration.

Get an idea,concept and want to share thoughts or something, I do not mind.

Best Regards,

Randal R.
  • CoolhandCoolhand286 Mountain LairPosts: 1,295Member
    For the flash lighting, you need to make them cast shadows, and also make the lights obey the inverse square law.
  • wjasperswjaspers332 Posts: 0Member
    Think this would better go in to the WIP area?
  • softcelsoftcel0 Posts: 0Member
    I still believe that making the actual muzzle flash the light source is the most effective way to display lighting...this technique bypasses the unnatural way the human eyes perception a light source light. Trust me.
    I actually used 6 emitters on this.

each emits a bullet, A flash ( Light-flare) and another light for ambient light, Left and Right.

I think this is the same as what you are saying softcel.I used to use a shaped spot light with noise as the flash, and on this I am using C4d Lens flare lights instead.

I have seen people use a mesh/material for flash also.Which can easily be emitted also. This I have never tried actually.

Thanks for your inputs, I appreciate it.

Best,

Randal R.