Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Character designer wanted

captainkirkcaptainkirk171 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Looking for... #1
I'm looking for a good character designer to help me on a modeling project I want to start. My idea is to visualize what a new Star Trek animated series could look like. Now this would obviously need more stylized characters but I'm not good at design work. Since there are many talented artist here, I'm hoping someone can help.
This would not be for some fan film project that will never go anywhere. It's just a simple modeling project I want to do for fun.

Thank you.
Post edited by captainkirk on

• captainkirkcaptainkirk171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm curious as to why no one has responded. If anyone is interested but wants additional information, I'll see what I can do.
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    i'm not sure if many people on here model characters. i think most model ships, a few do mechs, walkers and real vehicles. i mostly do fighters, and some other ships. also it may help if you specified a bit more about what characters you want, what their roles will be, what ideas you already have about them, etc.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    Organic modeling is more complicated then building ships and structures so yeah Lot of people dont jump in to it as it takes longer to model with great detail and to do it unpaid is well like shooting a wall with a shot gun and missing so good luck trying to get someone
    I probably should have been more specific. I'm not looking for a character modeler. I'll do that myself. I'm looking for someone to design more stylized versions of the JJverse characters. I want to start with Kirk and depending on how it goes, perhaps do some of the others as well. Hope this helps.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I got what you were saying from the beginning. Though, I suck at character design. I'm not sure how many people here even do character design. I know Sean Tourangeau (Dark Saber) does, but he works on commission. He's the only one I know of who frequents the site that does character design.
    That's a pity as this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Does anyone know of any websites that I could ask on?