Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Sci-Fi Creative Writing Project seeks sci-fi artists to join us (paid & unpaid work)

aomtealfoxaomtealfox0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2013 in Looking for... #1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Kim Smouter and I am a co-founder of the science-fiction creative community New Worlds Project (http://rpgnewworlds.net). Our community brings together writers, musicians, and visual artists in common purpose to bring to life an original science-fiction setting set in the 26th century pitting 4 major powers against one another in an epic war.

As part of our efforts to reboot the initiative, we're assembling a Graphics Designer's Team which will benefit from a small annual budget of circa 3000 euros to render a wide variety of commissioned artwork covering starships, vehicles, renderings of planets and cities, future technology, alien species, etc...

The team works on a mix of voluntary work and high-priority paid work.

Our paid commissions average between EUR 150 and EUR 300 and we're always on the lookout for new talent which is interested in contributing to this initiative. Each commission is governed by a contract issued by a registered non-profit corporation.

If you're interested in joining us, please contact me via private message to discuss whether an invitation to join the Graphics Design Team would be appropriate.

Many thanks for your interest!

Kind regards,

Kim Smouter
Co-Founder
New Worlds Project
Post edited by aomtealfox on

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    sounds rather cool, i may consider designing some ships for you and modelling them BUT what sort of ships do you want, what type of design, how much would i be payed, how good quality do the models need to be, how alien in design should they be? as for your idea of pitting 4 major powers against each other, that sounds pretty good.
  • aomtealfoxaomtealfox0 Posts: 0Member
    Heyaz,

Well we have the advantage of having an all original setting, so in fact in the coming years we'll be looking at a pretty limitless set of designs, etc. We're also looking at everything from 2D concept to 3D Lightwave models that could be used in CGI battles.

We're hoping to develop everything from fightercrafts to transport crafts, to cargo carriers, to warships from small corvettes to flagships so in terms of the scope the challenge is making the small budget stretch to cover the wide diversity of needs.

To give you a good indication of the type of work our Graphics Design Team has produced in the past, one of the completed models approved for release can be found here on the website, we've at the moment commissioned at the price point of 150 euros for starships with a requested 'glory image' that looks good for website purposes, and then a technical 'multi-side' view. We negotiate each image with the artist and come together with an agreed price bearing in mind the limited budget of the project, our needs, and the artist's existing workload.

With regards to how alien / type of design. We're at the moment still quite open-ended, the ship there is an alien ship of one of the major powers the Rosebourgs, the other alien powers include one species called the Gohorns, and another confederation called the Confederacy which pools many more together. Humans are also present with the Terran Democracy and we're also commissioning ships with them.

As everything is all-original we try to stray away from the tried and test and come up with original designs whenever possible. :)

Feel free to get in touch if you want further details!

All the best,

Kim
  • ChimasChimas0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi Kim,

I'd advise to seek for talents also at dA.
    Thanks!

Definitely have explored this route and have recruited a number of our team members from the dA resource, so we're very pleased to have been able to recruit some great talent this way too.

Kim
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I don't build but if you need a writer, I might be interested.
    Thanks Lonewriter, yes, as we're trying to build a multimedia community around this original sci-fi setting everyone's welcome. :) We've put money towards the graphic designers, but we've got a few tricks up our sleeves to make sure everyone can get some rewards from contributing!
    Thanks for the tip! Will definitely check it out and join up to spread the word
    Dear all,

Please find an update to the project featuring a lot of artwork developed by members of our Graphics Team to date.

We're in the process of searching for a lead designer who would be regularly commissioned over the coming years (2 to 3 commissions per year on average) to develop starships for one of our alien factions (workload represents about 10-20 ships, with the commission between 150 to 300 euros per ship).

The lead designer would need to take forward an already established design line included. clarel-test-27-10-09_0008.jpg

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who might want to take on that role.

Thanks again for your attention!
    103045.jpg
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    aomtealfox wrote: »
    Dear all,

Please find an update to the project featuring a lot of artwork developed by members of our Graphics Team to date.

We're in the process of searching for a lead designer who would be regularly commissioned over the coming years (2 to 3 commissions per year on average) to develop starships for one of our alien factions (workload represents about 10-20 ships, with the commission between 150 to 300 euros per ship).

The lead designer would need to take forward an already established design line included. clarel-test-27-10-09_0008.jpg

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who might want to take on that role.

Thanks again for your attention!
    this looks an excellent deal, i could design and model some ships for you for 100-200 euros per ship. you would probably have to pay me with cash or a cheque in the mail to a UK address. look on my blog, and follow the links to youtube and the 3d warehouse to see some of my work.

p.s. i could send you the ships in blender(.blend), obj(.obj), collada(.dae) or sketchup (.skp) formats with all textures(.jpeg .png etc) attached in a zip file.

PM me if you would like my help
  • HyqsHyqs0 Posts: 0Member
    I have done architectural and mechanical 3d work for over 25 years. IA’m also a musician and composer. And I do web design.

http://www.incomcorp.net/research.html

http://www.kess-ny.com/
  • songokusatsusongokusatsu61 Posts: 11Member
    well i can animate, model, design textures, and composite. depends what your after really. only a few bits of my work are on here but i can show you what i have done on request.
  • pir9008pir90080 Posts: 0Member
    Sent you a PM