Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUSS Daedalus NX 129

VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Was kinda asked to make this one, and I've had some great input on her from Al Rivard, Doug Drexler and John Eaves over the past few weeks, heck without them i would have torn my hair out already... But here's where she stands now, she still needs some details and well.. Windows, but for the most part she's done being modeled.
101271.jpg
Post edited by VK08 on
Tagged:

• akb1979akb1979172 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting take on the design, certainly is snazzy. :) What's that in the upper sphere - docking bay doors?
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Nice! I like the fact that it's much bulkier than the original design, it makes it look much less advanced than regular TOS ships, as it should be.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    akb1979 wrote: »
    Interesting take on the design, certainly is snazzy. :) What's that in the upper sphere - docking bay doors?

Yeah supposed to be for a single shuttle or some sort of thing to land in the sphere, was just something we came up with as a detail, i did the render with the doors open there, the door is normally closed, and there's a nice observation area above with huge 2 deck windows ..
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    Nice job so far! Wow, how does one get input from those 3 guys? That's awesome.
    japetus wrote: »
    Nice job so far! Wow, how does one get input from those 3 guys? That's awesome.

Dunno, I'm cute maybe? No.. seriously I'm working closely with Doug on a project on Facebook (The Enterprise Season 5 Campaign) so it's not too hard to ask questions of him, Al is my LW teacher, tough but fair he is, and John and i have become friends over the past few months, and I bounce ideas off of him all the time.. That would be how I got the input, and I'm not kidding there are areas of this design I was kicking myself on and couldn't get "just right"

So thank you, Alain made a version of it as well (NCC130) that is a little beefier yet and more suited to fighting battles. Mine when finished will probably find her way somehow to doing some exploring..
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Thought that ship looked familiar, keep seeing it in my facebook feed.
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Oh nicely done btw! :)
  • gerb200gerb200176 Posts: 114Member
    I really love this design. Had you ever considered moving the engines out and down a little bit to widen the profile?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9791 Posts: 5,322Member
    Ah you beat me to this, planned to do one of these milk jugs after I finished up my latest proj.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Ah you beat me to this, planned to do one of these milk jugs after I finished up my latest proj.
    I needed something relatively easy for the S5 stuff, so this came to mind...
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Interesting design. :)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Chris2005 wrote: »
    Interesting design. :)
    It's pretty much accurate shapewise to the Jefferies design from the 60's I just didn't do it in a very spartan TOS style..
    NanoGator wrote: »
    Oh nicely done btw! :)

Nano, I'm going to be putting up some more views and windows and the like as I go along on FB so you'll see some more there first then here :)
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9791 Posts: 5,322Member
    Bah FB wont be seeing those T_T
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Your the third one I know doing a take on this design. I can't wait to compare all of them.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a really great model so far. I like how you've changed the design but it's still recognizable.
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    Bah FB wont be seeing those T_T

Koi and other places you do go ;)
    Lonewriter wrote: »
    Your the third one I know doing a take on this design. I can't wait to compare all of them.

I got asked to make this, and the one I did for F3D wasn't detailed enough..
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Your version for this old ship is looking very good Jen! :thumb:
    Starship wrote: »
    Your version for this old ship is looking very good Jen! :thumb:

Gratzi sir :) nice to see a familiar face around :D
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice! Good respite from the usual ST 'frisbie'.
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    VK08 wrote: »
    Gratzi sir :) nice to see a familiar face around :D

Di niente signorina! :D
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Finish it!
    :)
    mikala wrote: »
    Finish it!
    :)
    it's almost done i just forgot to update the picture :P
    phaser hatches and RCS thrusters, temporary Shuttlebay door while I make the fantail..
    101460.png
    Looking good. :)
    Well been tossing some stuff around in my head for a few weeks now, and I ran some ideas by some others, this evening I had just about given up, but........ I figured out the little thing that had been bugging me, I ran it by John Eaves (very excitedly LOL) he loved my idea and how it looked, I decided now at this point to call modeling done, and start upon two other parts: Texturing, and the interior sets for the hallways and rooms you can see.

So here she is, sans texture, with the materials looking kind of odd at present as they are just there so I can tell where things are...

Course I have to share this little blurb from John..... It was priceless...
    you nailed the time and added a lot of new architectural elements that I am going to borrow from you now, HAAA!
    101685.jpg
    I follow John's blog. That definitely sounds like something he'd say. ;)

The model definitely looks good. As you say, the materials look a bit odd, but I'm sure it will look a lot better with textures. :)
    I follow John's blog. That definitely sounds like something he'd say. ;)

The model definitely looks good. As you say, the materials look a bit odd, but I'm sure it will look a lot better with textures. :)

He's been a hoot through this whole process. I follow his blog as well (heck I rendered out the header he uses now) and there's a lot of joking that's gone on about revisiting some of the non-used ENT era designs if there's a Season 5 of Enterprise.. (big IF but hey can't hurt to dream)
    VK08 wrote: »
    He's been a hoot through this whole process. I follow his blog as well (heck I rendered out the header he uses now) and there's a lot of joking that's gone on about revisiting some of the non-used ENT era designs if there's a Season 5 of Enterprise.. (big IF but hey can't hurt to dream)

Ironically, I'm actually working on a ship based off of one of his unused Enterprise designs. ;)

I'd love to see more Enterprise, but I don't know if it could be done. The actors are all 9 years older and have gone their separate ways. And that's just one issue without even getting into the logistics of putting such a production together. Maybe it can be done as a web series (fan film.) Those are usually cheaper to produce and there are a lot of people who volunteer to work on projects like that.