Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate SG-1 (Command Center)

deadmasterdeadmaster61 Posts: 18Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hi.

Since I am a new member of this site, I would like to say hello, so hello :)

I wanted to show you the progress of work on the project ... This project has been finished.

I planned a short animation, but so far I did not have time.

I put this project in the WIP section because I would like to render something nice from this and maybe put some more detail to the scene.

77379651.jpg
72110897.jpg
78508285.jpg
53253501.jpg
17374915.jpg
28746569.jpg
54982827.jpg
12617777.jpg

deadmaster (Damian)
101207.jpg
Post edited by deadmaster on
Tagged:

• deadmasterdeadmaster61 Posts: 18Member
    Some more updates.

30498142.jpg
    51746093.jpg
    54273557.jpg

And some with textures but i think i change almost all ot them.

36747308.jpg
    48003675.jpg
    43228365.jpg
    72358647.jpg
    77982528.jpg
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Nice to see what someone take care of SGC :)
    Looks good the scene! But in gate i think the chevrons seems a little wierd,they are a bit big.
    Here two image what i speak about:

http://stargateartifacts.com/files/downloads/2010/10/Propworx-Stargate-Artifacts-Wallpaper-ATL-Gate.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images/archive/8/8f/20081220203649!Chevron.JPG
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    nice work.
    @-=sAs=- - you're right, these chevrons are bad, but the whole project and renders are from 2011.

@Aresius - thanks :)

Now i back to work with this scene in my free time.

The new chevrons:

11966296.jpg

I think that I slowly rebuild the whole scene.

deadmaster
  • -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Thats what i talking about! Thats much better :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    you seem to be a very good modeller, the images in your second post look slightly better in grey than with textures so perhap[s try making the textures such that the modelled details stand out better.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Love Stargate....good work sir.
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, looking very good, especially the modeling as they stated above.

I would also make the constellations symbols beveled and standing out a bit less, like in the second image -=sAs=- posted. You might also notice that the repetitive pattern near the edge of the ring should actually be "carved out" instead of raised from it.

I'm wondering if that "project" you mentioned is the "Stargate SG-1: Unleashed" game…
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Don't really know a whole lot about Stargate outside of the film, but this looks pretty cool :)
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    Hey dude, lookin' good so far. Do yourself a favour and look up "icarus base joesph malozzi" on google images, he posted a floorplan of the SGC in it's re-dressed state for SGU, the only difference between the floor plan and the SGC-level 28 is that the glass window for the control room is missing, but it's still marked on the floor plan.

It should help you get your set as accurate as possible :)

There was also a site out there i had a link for that was for a fan production group in the UK (i think) that was building a life-sized SG-1 gate replica, had accurate dimension measurements for the chevrons and everything based off the actual gate prop. But i can't find that damned link anywhere, i'll flick it your way if it turns up.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Hi.

Glad you all like it.

thank you very much for your comments, all will be on my list of "to do" when I remodel the scene.

@ DarkSapiens - my project has nothing to do with the game you mentioned.

@ Nadesico - Thanks for the info about the blueprints, now I can do a better model of Gate Room, previously I modeled based on the screens from the TV show.

At the beginning of modeling in 2011 wanted to put the project in Unity3D, but the scene from renders above is almost 2 million polys ...

I do not know whether the new scene will be put in to the Unity3D, but I'll do it with the smaller number of polys.

deadmaster (Damian)
    You know what? i'm sorry, i have a more accurate one for you. Malozzi posed the season 5-10 SGC layout blueprints recently :)

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/march-20-2013-2007-silver-wraith-mobile-for-sale-only-used-for-picnicking-and-chasing-down-human-prey-sgc-blueprints/

Right there, have fun :)

It even includes how to redress parts of the SGC set for the holding room, mess hall, etc...
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    Hi.

Probably on the weekend I'll start modeling the Stargate, but first I have to finish the current project.

It is a design of a spacecraft (http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?80092-Spaceship-(name-unknown)).
    http://stargateproject.wordpress.com/category/plans-descriptions/

Oh, this is what I was looking for too. This page has a collection of all the official blueprints (including scale) of the hero SGC model. Hopefully it'll help you get the dimensions of your gate right.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Very nice start, I've seen several meshes of the gate but never the room, makes me miss the show.
  • John MarchantJohn Marchant336 Posts: 96Member
    Very nice gateroom indeed. The blast doors are more of a grey blue than the blue you have. Any more updates