Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DConstitution Refits

madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
edited March 2013 in Finished Work #1
Hey guys,

I finished my two Constitution refits last year, but hadn't made any images with them! I had some down time the last couple of weeks, and decided to fix the problem. :)

First, is the Starship Endeavour in Lunar orbit. I was trying to match the angle of one of the shots in the latest trailer, of the "mystery ship". The Moon in the background is actually from a photograph my Uncle took out in my back yard, a few years ago. I think it turned out pretty good.

DarkOfTheMoon_Small.jpg

HD: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpaper/DarkOfTheMoon_HD.jpg

Next, we have the Starship Challenger narrowly missing a strange, extremely large volcanic event on Io. Someone over at TrekBBS suggested that Io would be a good subject for a backdrop, because they hadn't really seen it that often. Both elements in the background came from NASA, but I messed with them in Photoshop pretty heavily. :)

TooClose_Small.jpg

HD: http://madshipyard.com/images/Wallpaper/TooClose_HD.jpg

Hope you guys like them. :)

-Ricky
100874.jpg
Post edited by madman1701a on
Tagged:

• spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    good modelling, nice nacelles on the lower image. decent texturing and deflector looks good(i think it's a deflector that dish part at the front of the"fuselage"). aslo well done at getting the models to fit so well with the images.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Very cool refits! I love the marriage of classic and new that they are, particularly the deflector area.
    I like the nacelles of the Endeavour, but I'm finding it hard to fully appreciate their shape from that angle, maybe it's just me though.
    As for the Challenger, I really like the texture work, particularly how the new nacelles look with red Bussards.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Outstanding work. I really like both of these refit versions. :thumb: The only thing that seems off to me is the eruption from Io in the second image.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I remember these ships from last year. It's great to see them in beauty shots. Both versions look great and so do both renders. Great stuff all around. :D