Announcing the latest, and hopefully best, version of the crew calculator to date.
As old timers here know long ago I created a crew size calculator for the members here. It was conceived because many on here did not realize just how big the crews of their ships needed to be. It was well received but had several issues, all of which I have since worked out over the various iterations. This latest version features fully function circular references and notes on how to use it embedded into it. It also has several generic size charts based on ship class to give you an idea of where to start. Anyway enjoy, and you will need excel in order to run it, or use the spreadsheet program in open office. If you have any questions on how to use it feel free to ask.
This latest version adds the following enhancements:
1) A new example/usage tab has been added for Starbases as requested, this includes several new crew positions, for shop owners and dock workers, and a new mini-calculator as well.
2) The 12 crew member issues has been fixed, but now a ship has to have a minimum of 13 crew before the numbers will be correct. I will see if I can fix that better later, but the software has limitations.
3) The dock workers mini-calculator will reference the other example tabs for determining total possible embarked on the starbase, be aware of this, and modify as needed.
4) Two blank crew member slots has been added to each subsection to allow users to add their own custom crew members more easily. These new members will automaticaly tally with the rest and add to the officer, enlisted, or civilian numbers as well.
5) There is an error in the total officer, enlisted or civilian numbers, I am trying to track it down, and make them autotally for changes to O C and E in the calculator.
6) A science ship tab has been added, this is for non-combat craft, with no weapons or troops.
I offer this for free and hope it is as well recieved as it has been in the past. I only ask that credit be given when it is used and that you post any comments, suggestions, or changes you make to it here so that I can incorporate them in a future version.
To use, simply unzip, open in excel or open office, and follow the instructions on the manual tab to determine the number of crew to add. Several spots are autofilled, and can be adjusted if you so desire.