Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFlying Dutchman

KojocciKojocci0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Work in Progress #1
I started to make my own universe with little different spaceships. Hera are some ready models and some not ready. I make now Ship "Flying Dutchman" hangar, where I placee all little fighters and shuttle.
Here is some scenes (only testing): http://vimeo.com/62056168
100713.jpg
100714.jpg
100715.jpg
100716.jpg
Post edited by Kojocci on
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Interesting.. Looks like a mix between Babylon 5 and retro designs. :)
  • KojocciKojocci0 Posts: 0Member
    Here are two more, fighters have hooks and they can penetrate thru bigger ships hull. I have old laptop and all my models are quite lowpoly. In animation they work fine but perhaps some day I can make them more detailed, so camera can go close them in one take. Now I must make two different models, distant and close ones.
    100717.jpg
    More spaceships.
    100721.jpg100722.jpg100723.jpg
  • Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    I agree with Starship. Retro Babylon style looks good. :)
  • spacefighterspacefighter2 Posts: 0Member
    your first ship has an interesting(but rather ugly) shape and some good texturing, maybe sharpen the nose somewhat. ship in the second post is good but appears a bit of a plain shape, the first ship in your 3rd post i like but the other two their look a bit too alien. the last one should be shown from a more revealing angle so i can get a better idea of what shape it is.
  • NXNNXN0 Posts: 0Member
    I like it. Kinda has a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea vibe to it... especially the interior shots.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting, yeah there is a definite Jules Verne/Steampunk/Babylon 5 thing going on there, some of the designs are better than others, and the interiors are certainly interesting. That first ship brought to mind the ships of the Brakiri. Reminds me a little of the Excalibur too.
    Some of the ships are quite low poly and I use them only in background when I make animations. But now when I look this old model, I started to make it a new version, less sharp corners and perhaps more details for closeup.
    Only three models are animated, moving turrents, lights and other parts.
    100898.jpg100899.jpg
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the retro-fugly designs, actually. It makes them a lot more imaginative than cool and sleek ships.
    Istarted to make main ships hangar, there comes about 5 - 6 different scout/fighters and some automaton repair robots, then animation where camera goes thru hangar.
    100980.jpg
    Added some pipes and machinery.
    100989.jpg
  • AvianAvian203 Posts: 210Member
    I'm liking these very much! Much more interesting than most generic "futuristic" spaceships, many of which look like they were designed in the 1980's. The pics look like they could be from a new game...MYST: In Space! ;)
    Added more pipes and moving and sizing objects.
    101041.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    I was thinking video game too, in the best possible way... I expect quirkiness and subversive content, I feel like I should be exploring this on a CD-ROM.
    good work but very steampunk, to my eyes it does look like an absolute rust bucket bolted together. i would certainly love to "explore this on a CD-ROM" as it looks really interesting.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann615 Posts: 1,275Member
    We'll need a bar thing on the bottom of the screen with buttons that we can press to get inventory or do stuff.
  • Knight26Knight26191 Posts: 837Member
    Wow, looks straight out of a Mist game, and I mean that as a compliment.
    Now that I have all spaceships ready I started to make "secret" starbase.Here is beginning... I make two different starbase, one for close-up inside village and surrounding forest, lake ect... and another outside for space scenes.
    101205.jpg101206.jpg
    At last I found for Magma SF presets, those missing textures. Testing them in this model. Lightwave
    101229.jpg
    I have made that starbase now over 2 weeks, so I started to make something else for a while.Another starbase Here is so far... I make different modules, so I can then construct in Layout different combinations with them. To me there is hard part to imagine all those little surface parts.
    101254.jpg
    Added today more details...
    101262.jpg
    interesting but a bit dark,cannot really get a good idea of the overall design from the images.
    Yes.. lights... There are only main lights now. I add more lights when I have made more details.
    Here is todays work.
    101275.jpg
    And now!!! More details and more light.
    101331.jpg
    Texture widows out.. and "real" poly windows in... Made different explosion animations with Particle Illusion.
    101429.jpg
    rather good and nice renders, i like some parts of the base but it does look somewhat too much like a structure on the surface of a planet. the texturing is good and i also like the ships in the foreground a bit.