Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DMy Alternative NX Class

Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2013 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys, been working on what I believe is a slightly more realistic take on the NX Class of starship from Star Trek. Its alot small than what was used on ENTERPRISE, and a bit more bulkier. I have started doing some deckplans, and I have attached a comparisons outline next to some already well known Star Trek ships.

Would love to see what you guys think.

Side views coming shortly.....
Post edited by Admiral Danev on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's pretty cool. It definitely doesn't look like the Akira-class. ;) I like the Daedalus-style nacelles. Are you going to eventually do a detailed exterior? That would be cool. :)
  • Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    Ive basically been working on the interiors, going to maybe do the exteriors from there. I usually hate doing exteriors though.....
    Okay everyone, I have some quick exterior views, nothing fancy, I was going to add detail to them when i finish my deckplans.....
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I'm the opposite. I usually like doing exteriors better than interiors. ;)

What you have is looking good so far. :thumb:
    Someone should maybe possibly do a quick rough model of it to get a feel for the shape........ hahahahahaha

The reason Im doing to interiors, is so that I know where windows go, docking ports, torpedo tubes, sensors, and other bits and pieces.

Ive seen other ships similar in configuration to this, but i wanted something that looked more pre-TOS than those, and definitely nothing at all like the NX01.
  • OovebeiOovebei171 Posts: 0Member
    I like your design, it is a lot like an exterior I am working on now, just that my nacelle configuration is under the saucer section. Although I do have one with a high level layout.
    do you have it on here Oovebei. Ive seen a few designs similar to this one, but they seemed too advanced for my liking.
    No they are on 3dscifi but ill post you a quick image here, this is my current build.

I do have one with high level nacelles as well - mostly based on pre-TOS tech.

Edit: Here is one image of my high level nacelle design:
    100681.jpg100682.jpg100683.jpg100684.jpg
    Oh yeah, cool, have not seen this one.
    I assumed that this is the kind of pre-TOS style you were looking at, your plans should be easy enough to develop in this style.

If you want to run up plans, I would be happy enough to put a few test components together with you.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Great concept ship. Would have been more fitting a design than what the show producers developed.