Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DENTERPRISE...a 50's take on her.

al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2013 in Work in Progress #1
WELL..it's been a LONG time since i've taken a bit of time and done something for myself, with a 2 year old running around the house and taking most of my free time....i decided to do a little 3D when Max went to sleep in the evening..:)..SO....when i saw someone do his take on a 50's design..it got my head working and i needed something to do in LW11.5 that i just updated..

SO..here it is...not finished yet..but close. including some rad renders and a temporary surfaced one for ideads..:)
100579.jpg
100580.jpg
100581.jpg
100582.jpg
100583.jpg
Post edited by al3d on
Tagged:

• al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    And this is the style I'm aiming for...paint style wise.
    100584.jpg
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Holey.....

Long time no see man. Good to see you working your 3d magic again around here.
  • rojrenrojren2304 Louisville, Kentucky USAPosts: 1,971Member
    Keeping with the 50's theme... it looks really keen. Love the copper.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    It looks really cool. I particularly like the nacelles, and the shuttlebay area also looks really nice.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    You nailed it. Me like! :) The fins definitely give it a 50's look.
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    That is a cool ship
    I know she's not finished, but one thing comes to mind... for a typical 50's design, she needs a chrome hood ornament.
  • captain_millscaptain_mills174 Posts: 0Member
    I love everything about it...

...Except the forward view shows a really thin main pylon... makes me uneasy...

... But the rest is really awesome!!
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    I have to say I love it! Nailed the design, but I agree completely with the fact that the main neck is slightly too thin below the torpedo launchers. One thing about 50's era vehicles were that they were heavy, beefy steal beasts, something that thin would only occur at the tip of a fin or tail light. Other than that, it's a great take on the old classic. Wouldn't mind flying one in STO.
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    Al3d, This is the best retro design of the Enterprise that I've seen yet!
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Welcome back! I love your design from this "E". :)
    More Pics please.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Welcome back Mate, how's the back?

This is a great take.
    Always glad to see your work.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    welcome back!

really cool design that is. Looks great!
  • HyqsHyqs0 Posts: 0Member
    This ship could pass in many eras. It has the 50A’s feel but also a sort of Art Deco, roaring 20A’s aspect. Reminiscent of Buck Rogers. Am I giving away my age? Ha ha
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Welcome back Alain!
    So, you have kid(s) too. I have two (4 and 9 years old) and they are a blessing, but my freetime evapores quicklly. :lol:

About the wip, perfect, as always. :thumb:
  • CaptainjerkyCaptainjerky62 Posts: 0Member
    That is completely badass!
  • Wishbone_AshWishbone_Ash325 Posts: 250Member
    I love everything about it...

...Except the forward view shows a really thin main pylon... makes me uneasy...

... But the rest is really awesome!!

the thinness is the best part. Really gives it a futuristic "impossible" look that speaks of a technoogy far in advance of our own.
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Look who's back :)
    Cool design, would be cool to see her in motion!
    But you should swap the red/green nav lights first ;)

Welcome back!
  • slybrarianslybrarian68 Posts: 49Member
    Very cool, but I definitely agree that that neck is way too thin. Even the original and refit Connie can barely fit a turbolift through, this one is so thin that there's no way through. the little fin over the shuttlebay is also a problem since it blocks anything coming in and out. Otherwise, great job. You might add a couple of aft and belly phasers.
    well...i disagree...the lift fitserfectly in there..And like they say...to each his own..lol...and why is the fin preventing anything from going in?....its not
    ok..to satisfy the kiddies..i've widen the neck a Bit..;)...and a few things added...AND shuttle bay door open..OLD SCHOOL...like it or don't..if fits the style well..:)
    100600.jpg100601.jpg100602.jpg100603.jpg100604.jpg
  • Judge Death.Judge Death.1 Posts: 0Member
    You forgot the big chrome hood ornament..:lol:
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    Ok that looks much better, and more balanced. The 'trunk' made me laugh!
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Based upon the side view, I think the pylons needs to be enlarged a bit and, maybe, the naceles could be less tall. ;)
    Starship wrote: »
    Based upon the side view, I think the pylons needs to be enlarged a bit and, maybe, the naceles could be less tall. ;)

no they don't really...50's design is all about style and none symertric design and proportion..and it's the future...so materials are stong..i could make them 50% smaller and they still could work..:)
    ALRIGHT..little work done on it, new windows on the neck...done the ball at the end of the Nacel with a more fitting style, little details here and there. Close to calling it done.
    100621.jpg100622.jpg100623.jpg100624.jpg100625.jpg
    Now someone needs to do a 'woody' version, with a big ol' luggage rack.
    rojren wrote: »
    Now someone needs to do a 'woody' version, with a big ol' luggage rack.

For christ's sake...stop putting images in my head..LOL
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Hey, Al. Good to see you back around these parts. :) I like what you're doing here. I wasn't sure at first but, the more I look at it, the more I like it. I love the warp nacelles, those are easily my favorite part. I also like the way the shuttlebay opens, that's a nice touch. I also like your proposed paint job, I think that will look better than the current clay renders. One request: may we please have some perspective renders? The othos are nice, but I'd love to see how she looks rendered out in some different angles.
    Hey, Al. Good to see you back around these parts. :) I like what you're doing here. I wasn't sure at first but, the more I look at it, the more I like it. I love the warp nacelles, those are easily my favorite part. I also like the way the shuttlebay opens, that's a nice touch. I also like your proposed paint job, I think that will look better than the current clay renders. One request: may we please have some perspective renders? The othos are nice, but I'd love to see how she looks rendered out in some different angles.

Ask and you shall receive..:)
    100626.jpg