Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEbon Hawk

1234568»

• SCE2AuxSCE2Aux383 Posts: 77Member
    The panelling looks good to me too, but if you're unsure, best to leave it alone for a day or two without looking at it. Fresh eyes are always better than trying to figure it out after staring at it constantly for ages.
    wibble
  • wibblewibble569 GermanyPosts: 313Member
    edited November 14 #213
    Yeah, sorry, I had to step back from this stuff for a while. I just didn't have any passion for it.

Hey, no need to be sorry. Like I said, I understand it very well. This was just my twisted way to say how good it is to see you again.
    SCE2Aux wrote: »
    If you're unsure, best to leave it alone for a day or two without looking at it.

Yap, that's pretty much my strategy for life. Hence the 10 years production time. :)

On that note, while I let it rest, I tried my hands on another airlock. Actually that was a quick one. I just copied it from the interior set. Not sure if I keep it 'cause it feels kind of lazy, but for now I just wanted to define the direction I want to go.
    n1qc6cc0vpql.png
    Post edited by wibble on
    StarCruiserxiaorobearevil_genius_180Lizzy777Ael's
  • xiaorobearxiaorobear467 Posts: 145Member
    Looking really nice! I could see adding a couple mechanical docking clamp bits around, or some deeper pits to received docking clamps from another ship? Could differentiate it a little from the interior without changing the look too much.
    wibble
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1802203 Posts: 10,085Member
    Looks good. I agree, some docking clamps would be a nice addition. Did you nix one of the side laser turrets to put that there? Or am I thinking of the wrong part of the ship. Honestly, the side laser turrets always seemed kinda redundant anyway, since you exclusively used the top turret in both games.
    wibble
  • wibblewibble569 GermanyPosts: 313Member
    @evil_genius_180: You are thinking of the right part of the ship. I moved the starboard canon to the bottom, what you can see here. Mainly because of this cutscene from KotOR II: qkpug6v7tqbx.bmp, which I like very much esthetically but doesn't make much sense unless you can walk through the turret.

@xiaorobear: Thank you very much for the feedback. I agree that it would benefit from a few docking clamps. If you say they could differentiate it without changing the look too much, where do you see them? I guess it mostly depends on how the counterpart looks like. The version that I thought of so far is a negative form that covers the entire airlock. That would leave the inner ring for the clamps. Something like this:
    psaipstsv6sr.png
    yyfqln01ury9.png

Of course now that doesn't leave enough space for the doors to open. So I will have to give them another shape. Didn't like the "peace sign" anyway.
    nu1pxnb0qtds.png

ashleytingerevil_genius_180StarCruiserLizzy777Ael's
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1802203 Posts: 10,085Member
    wibble wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180: You are thinking of the right part of the ship. I moved the starboard canon to the bottom, what you can see here. Mainly because of this cutscene from KotOR II: qkpug6v7tqbx.bmp, which I like very much esthetically but doesn't make much sense unless you can walk through the turret.

Ah yes, that scene. Go-To's yacht. I forgot about that.