Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Trek based space scene with Enterprise 1702 - Blender Cycles 2.6 [Feb 2013]

TaCoskunTaCoskun0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2013 in Finished Work #1
Hi friends,

just finished my newest project with my own Star Trek based spaceship model. I redesigned all ship textures and spent much more attention to the environment this time. Look forward to listen to your opinions:

All the work has been done with Blender Cycles 2.6, Gimp, Kdenlive, and audacity.

Enterprise1702_Asteroid2_web.png

FAQ:
a) Why the ring?:
I asked my self why almost all windows in federation ships are either facing to the top or to the bottom but they are always on the side of the room. I think this question would be crucial for the design of a real space ship. The ring solves that problem, since more windows can be placed at the sites enabling the ship to provide more natural and therefore more luxury rooms to the crew.

b) Why 1702:
Well, this is fanmade and just a hobby of mine. On purpose I decided not to place my ship in the original series of Enterprises. The first reason behind is that I wanted to avoid insulting critical fans and the second reason is that I am not an owner of Star Trek and wanted to show my respect to the fans and to Star Trek by changing the number instead of attaching another letter like G or F. I know also that there is another ship in the original Star trek world with 1702 as registry. But the name Enterprise 1702 is quite distributed and you can find my videos easily by googling this name. Thus, I will not change it. Additionally, this ship exists in a parallel universe in which the registries are different for unknown reasons.

c) In what time is this ship placed?
Honestly, I don't care so much. I would like to have a new Star Trek series placed in the 24 or 25. century but I am just creating this animation because I want to see more Star Trek space scenes because I miss the time in which we could watch them weekly :(. I did not want to create a new series myself, thus I am just not able to answer those detailed questions.

d) How many crew members does this ship have?
I just don't know. One could count the windows as an approximation to answer this question.
100245.png
Post edited by TaCoskun on
Tagged:

• TugarTugar171 Posts: 0Member
    Many might quibble. I found it entertaining, which is the real answer. I love trek. No reason to pick it apart. Great job.

On a side note, the ring idea would certainly be a great idea for anyone creating a Trek Cruise ship. Innovative and nice looking.
  • TaCoskunTaCoskun0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks! I appreciate that.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice video. Interesting starship design with the ring outside the central saucer.
  • hazendhazend171 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive. I like the originality to it.
    Thanks TrekMD and hazend!
    All constructive feedback how to improve the ship is very welcome.