Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dtrying new ideas...

teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
edited February 2013 in Work in Progress #1
baldly going where no hand has set foot!

i decided that i needed to update the thunderchild model i did ages ago, and decided i had learned enough new techniques (new to me, anyway) to make a much better job of things this time around, so i am aiming for a radical departure from all i have tried before to make this a much better effort this time around...
Post edited by teknomancer2008 on
Tagged:

• teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    i know this is a bit rough, but it's more what i was hoping to get right this time. this is the saucer idea i had back when i first thought of doing the thunderchild, but didn't know how to go about it. this time i have at least got a working idea of how this will fit together with the flight deck beneath the command tower. (by the way, for those wondering if the bridge is on the top of the tower, no. it's underneath the tower. the tower acts as a sort of holder for the extra shielding needed to protect the bridge). i plan to have as many interior details as i can on this version. progress will be slow, as i am working on the blackfoot interiors as well. ho hum, what it is to be popular, hey? lol
    100107.jpg
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102132&d=1360551191

not quite sure how to rid the mesh of these little odd smoothing errors at the moment, everything i do seems to make it worse. darn! thought i knew more this time around. a few years older, and not a lot wiser. lol
    the dish i am trying to get to is similar to this sketch of the grandeur saucer from by vektor, whom i admire and wish so much to be like one day (but will probably never get there, so why am i worrying???) lol anyway. it's the cutouts i am trying to get similar effect of, and feel this on an elongated saucer will be much more of a cool effect and very in keeping with the style of the trek universe!

Vektor: hope you don't mind me using this as a reference, it was all i could find to get the right idea. you are a great inspiration to me, and i hope to learn from your style...

db_GrandeurA_sketch011.jpg
    100131.jpg