Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Error 104 Connection Error

Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
edited January 2013 in General Discussion #1
This only started a few days ago... but it's weird...

I can be browsing the internet perfectly fine and then after a while I get:

Error 104 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED): The attempt to connect to the server failed.

I've already redone Windows, and the problem just crept up again... the odd thing is, if I have a page open already, I can sit and refresh the page, and have no issues... but if I close the browser and reopen it, the website won't load, I can't connect to any instant messengers, my webhost's FTP server, etc. but I can do a ping test from the command prompt and get replies... a simple log off Windows and log back on solves the issue...

Same issue be it Chrome or IE, I installed Firefox to see if it persists in there... I read many people didn't have the problem with Firefox...
Post edited by Chris2005 on
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Pro

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It sounds like a problem with your computer. It could be hardware/driver related. Are there any other computers in the house and are they having this issue too?
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    It sounds like a problem with your computer. It could be hardware/driver related. Are there any other computers in the house and are they having this issue too?

That's what I'm thinking, it's a conflict somewhere... as to your question, not that I know of.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla795 HelsinkiPosts: 2,867Administrator
    Check your firewall settings.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    I noticed Chrome wasn't added to the approved programs list of the firewall's settings, but IE was... I haven't had the issue for a few hours now...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro